Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Meenahhhh
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenahhhh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Re: Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

Post by Meenahhhh »

There have been so many renditions of this book in pop culture. Including many stories about my favourite character, The Mad Hatter (some say he might not actually be mad).
Zaynnie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaynnie.html
Latest Review: The Weed Lady by Shea R Embry

Post by Zaynnie »

One of my favourite books of all time. I still have the e-book saved on my phone and I read it from time to time. It is an amazing work of fiction
Robert Obikanyi
Currently Reading: Swiss Family Robinson
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izuchukwu-obi.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger

Post by Robert Obikanyi »

I read it in my late teens, and I didn't exactly like it. It was a good read yes, but to me it wasn't remarkable. I leave that quality to books by Beverly Clearly.
Gloria Kaszyczky
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gloria-kaszyczky.html
Latest Review: Luray by Dennis Haupt

Post by Gloria Kaszyczky »

One thing I noticed about Children books is that they always hide a deeper meaning, and the fact that we still read them nowadays is a sign that they are ageless and they still have to teach us some lesson. Alice's adventures in Wonderland is a masterpiece of wittiness, irony and imagination. I love the fact that we can see hints of XIX society as Lewis Carroll knew it and how he uses a little girl's perspective to show how things really were and to criticise a society that didn't allow it. I love Alice and how she finds herself in a world so different from the one she knows and she is still able to travel through it and learn many lessons that she couldn't learn in her reality.
Latest Review: Luray by Dennis Haupt
Onyinyechi Orji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-orji.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Onyinyechi Orji »

I remember reading this book and naming my sister after her. Thanks for this nostalgic memory.
IgnisRhapsody
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ignisrhapsody.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by IgnisRhapsody »

I love how Lewis Carroll uses a lot of logical situations in his story. For me, that makes the book very original and creative. But sometimes I think people don't try to understand that logic and see it as a world of inconsistencies. In any case, that book has always been to the liking of children and adults. Strangely, when I talk about classic books, I hardly remember Alice.
Hannah Oakey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 186
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-oakey.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
Reading Device: B09BFPTTV4

Post by Hannah Oakey »

Alice in Wonderland is one of the first stories I fell in love with as a child. I can't remember how many times I read it when I was younger. My husband knew that I loved it so much that he got me a vintage-style copy with all of the original images. I think that Lewis Carroll is an incredible author, he knows how to tell a good story. He creates truly memorable characters. I actually have the complete works of Lewis Carroll and all of his stories and poems are so well written. I have shared his stories with my children and hope to share them with future grandchildren.
Katherine Powell-Polkey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-powell-polkey.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter
Reading Device: 1400501466

Post by Katherine Powell-Polkey »

I loved reading this book to my cousin. She was obsessed with it. For years she would always dress up as Wonderland characters for Halloween.
Elendu Clement Ekechukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-clement-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Post by Elendu Clement Ekechukwu »

One of the best classics I have read. I just saw the movie and it gave me nostalgia. I can't wait to read this now I'm an adult and gift it to my kids.
Hyfr Zack
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyfr-zack.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Hyfr Zack »

This book brought back memories for me. It reminded me of my childhood memories as well as my childhood dreams. I'd like to give this book to my kids so they can read it as well.
Philosopher2022
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-philosopher2022.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Philosopher2022 »

Beautiful reviews about this book. However, i have not come across this book before. However, i loved it.
giovannie higgins
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by giovannie higgins »

I can remember reading Alice in Wonderland when I was a young child. I recently found a old version of the book and read it as an adult. As an adult I saw the story in the eyes of a adult and found myself in the same magical place as I had been when I was a child reading it.
Maria Ferreira Silva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-ferreira-silva.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Maria Ferreira Silva »

Alice in Wonderland is one of the great classics! It's a simple yet extremely delicate and intricate book that everyone should read. As a chil it's an amazing fantasy book but it developes a more deeper storyline and dept when it's an adult reading it.
luis liu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luis-liu.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by luis liu »

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland was a famous book by English Writer Lewis Carroll. I thought it was written for kids or teens, but certainly enjoyed reading it myself also. The language was quite fun and interesting and very English I feel.
safaa sadia
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by safaa sadia »

I absolutely love this classic book because it just takes me back to my childhood my favourite little fairy tail. It has all the little beautiful descriptions. Almost like you’re a child open up the bed and your parents are reading it to you before you go to bed Early one of the most beautiful books I’ve ever read my favourite story. Honestly think you guys should read it. Recommend 10 out of 10 beautiful please do read this thank you

Return to “Classic Books”