Return of the Native

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Leafmachine3
Bookshelf Size: 0

Return of the Native

Post by Leafmachine3 »

I remember reading this one in high school. I can hardly remember what it was about, only that is was very good and there was something about a wheat sickle or something and that someone was hiding in a house and left out the back door or something. But anyway, I don't remember the words but only how it made me feel, and that feeling was happy. Plus I had an excellent English teacher who made the story come alive in the way he talked about it. I love fun English teachers. I had a great one my freshman year of high school and a great one my senior year.
TheBookMaven
Favorite Author: Jean M. Auel
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thebookmaven.html
Latest Review: "The Colors of Friendship" by K. R. Raye
fav_author_id: 3709

Post by TheBookMaven »

I had to read this one in high school too. I don't entirely remember what it was about either, but I don't recall enjoying it much. I'm thinking that now that it has been several years since high school that I should go back and reread it. Maybe a second reading as an adult will give me a different point of view.
Never judge a book by its movie
Latest Review: "The Colors of Friendship" by K. R. Raye
mikesx50
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mikesx50 »

You should also try -if you haven't already - Tess of the D'Urbervilles. I've just finished it and it is excellent.

Return to “Classic Books”