Romeo and Juliet

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Angelica Gonzales 4
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Romeo and Juliet

Post by Angelica Gonzales 4 »

Romeo and Juliet is a story that has a tragic ending. This story shows what love truly means or if it is just infatuation. Sometimes barely think that we love someone yet the truth is we are just amazed by their physical appearance. For me, it's a great story that kind of story happens in our time today. Many people want that every story will end happily. Many people want to do everything for the love they feel for someone. Some rush decisions rid us to be happier. It makes us blind and willing to risk everything for the love we yearn for. For me, it's 10/10
ner_giz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by ner_giz »

When I first read this book my opinion Was it is to dramatically for me but now I can understand the meaning for me
Ruth Andanje
Currently Reading: Women with Partners in Prison
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-andanje.html
Latest Review: The One by Tyler Cook
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by Ruth Andanje »

Romeo and Juliet, another overrated novel. I can't lie, I never really loved this particular book from William Shakespear. I feel like he has other better works than this one. That's just my opinion. However, this book seems to be the blueprint of forbidden love stories so I can't deny the amazing impact it has in the world of literature.
Latest Review: The One by Tyler Cook
João Ramos
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jo-o-ramos.html
Latest Review: Impromptu by Reid Hoffman

Post by João Ramos »

Ruth Andanje wrote: 25 Jan 2024, 16:33 Romeo and Juliet, another overrated novel. I can't lie, I never really loved this particular book from William Shakespear. I feel like he has other better works than this one. That's just my opinion. However, this book seems to be the blueprint of forbidden love stories so I can't deny the amazing impact it has in the world of literature.
I agree that Romeo and Juliet is not even in the top 5 of Shakespeare's principal works, but if you compare it with other authors, the work remains a masterpiece. The problem is that Shakespeare was such a genius writer that comparing his "exceptional" works with "ordinary" ones is impossible.
Favy Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favy-moses.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Favy Moses »

In have both read this book and seen the movie. This is one book that have stood the test of time.
Andrew Darlington
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-darlington.html
Latest Review: Free and Fearless by Phil Moser

Post by Andrew Darlington »

I have not only read the book, i have also seen the movie and i must say they were both amazing.
Princewill Uchenna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princewill-uchenna.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Princewill Uchenna »

I guess I could see why because Romeo and Juliet had a deep love but not in a good way, so I don't think people should but there's nothing we can do
Onyinyechi Obi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-obi.html
Latest Review: Doing it All by Whitney Casares

Post by Onyinyechi Obi »

One of my favorites. I adore Shakespeare, and his words sweep me off my feet. My favorite part is when Romeo and Juliet have just met and kiss for the first time
Taylor Otnes
Currently Reading:

Post by Taylor Otnes »

I also read Romeo and Juliet in school. It was hard to read, but thankfully, we had no fear of Shakespeare along the side, which made it easier. Yet I was still lost. To be honest I do not remember a whole lot about it besides the ending.
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

I'm another one who finds the language wonderful, because Shakespeare knew what he was doing, but am left underwhelmed by the story. The ending always strikes me as overdramatic, though it would be a definite letdown if one or the other developed a stiff upper lip to deal with the loss of the other.

That said, I have always meant to see the film version "Romeo + Juliet," for the cast.
Ludovica Peruzzi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

Not my favorite Shakespeare play by far, but it also doesn't deserve all the hate it gets. Whether you think Romeo and Juliet were actually in love or just infatuated with each other or if their relationship would have lasted in the long term is not the point - for the purpose of this play, Romeo and Juliet are in love because they believe themselves to be and because there was no time for think otherwise. They're kids who latched onto the first person who they believed understood them and even what we might now understand as a silly crush ended in tragedy because it was brought into a world full of feud and hatred. I think that is the point - how generational hatred will soil even the purest, most innocent of loves.
BRIDGET MWINA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridget-mwina.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by BRIDGET MWINA »

Read Romeo and Juliet and even watched the play.Shakespear did a magnificent setting ...from the characters to the narrative everything seemed to resonate.
Dhanushka Nuwan

Post by Dhanushka Nuwan »

Romeo and Juliet is one of my least favorite books. I lovely a story about a three day romance between a thirteen year old and a seventeen year old. Now, part of the reason I do not like it is because of the hype it gets from middle/high school girls.

Return to “Classic Books”