Romeo and Juliet

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mathews Panyako
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Re: Romeo and Juliet

Post by Mathews Panyako »

It shall remain a book of impression to many generations. When you read it feel the content and the way the book is structured the content sticks in your mind easily.
Elendu Ekechukwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

I hate how this story ended. I envied how the duo cared for each other. I wish someone could love me the way Juliet loved Romeo
beckybrandon
Currently Reading: Summer of the Second Coming
Bookshelf Size: 43

Post by beckybrandon »

I am a fan of Shakespeare and his works like Hamlet and Macbeth. But Romeo and Juliet? A big no. It lacks the depth and logic. That's what I felt about it.
AvishaJain_13
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishajain-13.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by AvishaJain_13 »

Hands down the best, most romantic classics of all times.
Temoin12
Currently Reading: My Trip To Adele
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Temoin12 »

After few years, I found myself reading Romeo and Juliet again,the book never been outdated,the story behind this book is what boosts people to enthrone the Love especially how Romeo fought for his real love till he makes Juliet fall!
Yes the story is well known because of their boldness!
I am discovering some hidden dynamic characters about Love and Love still exists because of the heroes of Love like Romeo and Juliet!
Destiny Freedom
Favorite Book: The Most Unlikely Champion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-aaton.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Destiny Freedom »

I can never get tired of reading Romeo and Juliet because even now the book still appeals to me.
Claire Twy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-twy.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Claire Twy »

sissybear wrote: 13 Feb 2014, 14:58 Right now am reading Romeo and Juliet in school for my LA (language arts) class, this is not my first time reading this book....Each time I read this book I feel like am reading it for the first time because it's such a good book and I think it also has to do with the different language in the book. I wanted to know if anyone else is or has read this book before and I also wanted to know of you liked it. Thanks for your time and let me know what you think.
One of the most well-known Shakespeare books and an absolute romance classic, although as our society progresses, fewer people are hailing them as the ideal couple. I really like the realistic ending where it shows that love doesn't conquer an age-old feud, although ironically in death they brought their families closer. I will say the original is a bit difficult to read though because of the language although the main plot is great.
Chothi
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 142

Post by Chothi »

I like to read Shakespeare's work. But am not a big fan of Romeo and Juliet. I just feel it's a bit overrated.
AvishaJain_13
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishajain-13.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by AvishaJain_13 »

I have seen and read different renditions of Romeo and Juliet and loved them all, I think I will love the original as well.
Joconde
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Joconde »

Romeo and juliet is roman about teen love but not in this generation.
Everything is different about then and now but love is always same.
This novel is good for reading to realize are u in love? Pr after a heartbreake.
Charlize Venter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlize-venter.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Charlize Venter »

I have always been a fan of Shakespeare, when I was young I had my prent purchase me his collection of sonnets, and subsequently ended up reading many of his plays too.
I must, however, admit that I am not too fond of of Romeo and Juliet, although the story is strong and the artistry within the writings is on par. The ending sends a painful message to the youth of the day, especially from the action of the two teenaged lover. that suicide is better than not being allowed to love your teenaged lover. What does this tell youngh lovers? Die before you live without your desired lover. It's just one too much for me.
degoodwriter
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-degoodwriter.html
Latest Review: The Intelligence Factor by Erik Fisher

Post by degoodwriter »

I don't think there would be another love story like this book. I would read it again
Noblefausty101
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noblefausty101.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Noblefausty101 »

I was a teenager when I read this book. I found it so interesting, I even remember seeing my parents as Romeo and Juliet. It was fun for me.
Wubila Daniel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Wubila Daniel »

Tremendously Juliet and Romeo is a practical theory which thausand of souls had experience earlier or before I which I wish to fill like them for ever when the required time comes
Mabosi paul brian
Currently Reading: Through my window

Post by Mabosi paul brian »

Oh ya, what an intresting book it is! I have been reading the book for more than 3 times but whenever i read, i feel like am reading it for the 1st tym, wow!, great review.

Return to “Classic Books”