Little House Series - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
doley
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doley.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Re: Little House Series - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Post by doley »

I have this feeling of having missed out because I have not read any of the books mentioned. I will try to look into some of them. Catch up with childhood.
Nyasha Gogoma
Currently Reading: Mere Christianity
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyasha-gogoma.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Nyasha Gogoma »

I've read one of these books, either Little House in the Woods or Little House on the Prairie. I just can't remember which now. I generally enjoyed the book but one story which struck me and which I still associate with this book to date was when Laura and her family made snow candy :lol2: I had never heard of that before, and it just seemed so cool.
Sav Sparkman
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by Sav Sparkman »

I read a few of the Little House books as a child, or one of my parents read chapters to me, and I really enjoyed them. I would love to reread the ones I have already, and I would love to eventually read them all! I love that you have been reading them with your daughter. I think that’s the strategy I’ll use to finish the series, that way I can also introduce them to my child :)
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” —Helen Keller
Sikandar Ali 3
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sikandar Ali 3 »

I suggest that you look around for some of the books and articles about what Wilder left out of her books. It's very interesting and adds to the story, making the story more complex.

Return to “Classic Books”