Prince Caspian- by C. S.Levis

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
VSuraj
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vsuraj.html
Latest Review: Justice by Scott Hughes

Re: Prince Caspian- by C. S.Levis

Post by VSuraj »

Lexi_22 wrote: 21 May 2019, 14:21 "A children's story which is only enjoyed by children is a bad children's story," -C. S. Lewis
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." -C. S. Lewis

The book Prince Caspian, as well as the whole Chronicles of Narnia series, was written for a younger audience but that does not mean that you can't enjoy them as an adult. There seem to be deeper, more mature themes in these books that an older person may pick up on and a younger person may not pick up on. They can be, and are, enjoyed by all, the young and the old.
Completely agree. Prince Caspian was a well-written story with good twists and turns for anyone to enjoy. Many children's stories would have bits in them that adults would find deeper meaning into, and the Narnia series is no different.
I actually prefer Caspian over The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe [i/], whereas many like the latter more.
I can't choose a favourite from the entire series, but Caspian, Horse and his Boy, and Silver Chair are my top picks.
Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic - J.K. Rowling
Rakibulhasan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rakibulhasan »

This is really amazing and so much fun to read. It’s a treat to me.
Gloria Kaszyczky
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gloria-kaszyczky.html
Latest Review: Luray by Dennis Haupt

Post by Gloria Kaszyczky »

Prince Caspian and The Chronicles of Narnia are some of the books I adored when I was a kid! I loved the stories and adventures, I love the characters, especially Lucy. I would recommend this saga to literally everyone, young and less young. It's a story about love for your neighbour and friendship, as a kid it taught me to love others and to be kind, and I think it's something we should pass on to everyone. Prince Caspian was one of my favourite adventures in Narnia, I loved the setting of the story and all the side characters, especially the little animals helping the protagonists. Narnia's world-building is an absolute masterpiece!
Latest Review: Luray by Dennis Haupt
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

Cher432 wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 15:09 I loved the Chronicles of Narnia when I was a child and watched all the movies that were made. It brings quite good memories and I will definitely read them to my children if I ever have any.
Seem here, I loved the movie more. But from all the series, I enjoyed "The Lion, the witch and the wardrope" the most.
bishop_444
Favorite Book: Yesterday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bishop-444.html
Latest Review: The Reject Bench by James H Morgan

Post by bishop_444 »

I happened to read this whole series for the first time this year. Prince Caspian happens to be my least favorite novel of the series. Like the original post says, I find this particular one a bit on the younger side. It would appeal to children, not so much for teens. My favorite was "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" and "The Last Battle." I did not know that these were based on the life of Christ; however, I figured it out early on, and especially in "The Last Battle" when Aslan is creating a "new" Narnia.

Return to “Classic Books”