Overall rating and opinion of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon

Use this forum to discuss the March 2021 Book of the month, "The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon
shravsi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Crime and Punishment
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shravsi.html
Latest Review: Sam the Chosen by Wally Jones

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon

Post by shravsi »

I rated this book three out of four stars. The story jumped from one time period to other erratically. And the author matched the biblical timeline to the scientific timeline with some tweaking. Other than these I enjoyed the book. There was a lot to discover. And his views as a scientist and a religious person were interesteing.
Joseph Dunn
Currently Reading: The Paris mysteries
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-dunn.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Joseph Dunn »

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. There was a great deal of research, and the author's use of narrative for significant historic figures really made the storytelling interesting and compelling. I am not convinced of the accuracy or the necessity of reconciling the Biblical Clock with the speculative assertions of contemporary science; however, this book was extremely informative and entertaining.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I really like this topic. There are many ways that this could have gone. I can see how the authors feel the way that they do about someone coming to take control. I do have my doubts. I wish that I could totally agree with the theories presented by the authors.
Khushboo Barwar
Favorite Book: Inertia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushboo-barwar.html
Latest Review: The Price of Dreams by Jerry A. Greenberg
Reading Device: B07XVJZPKZ

Post by Khushboo Barwar »

It was a bit uncomfortable for me to read it, especially with same the information tossing around. I love the science part though. It made it easy to agree with the author here and there. I rate this book 1 out of 4 stars.
Judy_Jemutai7
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-jemutai7.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Judy_Jemutai7 »

I rated this book an overall of four out of four.
In my opinion, the book was quite interesting as it seeks to reconcile the gap that has been left to the imagination by the discrepancies between the differences in religion and science. I would recommend it to religious people who are conscious about religion and history. My only issue with the book is that I could not easily identify with some of the theories that the author used.
Mason Garrod
Currently Reading: Uncommon Poems Common People
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mason-garrod.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Mason Garrod »

I think I would give it 4 stars. I'm not well enough versed in science or Judaism to be able to speak for the accuracy of any of the ideas presented, but what I can say is that it was a pleasant read, and everything was written very clearly and eloquently, I definitely enjoyed my time with it regardless of whether or not I believe in the ideas he is presenting
John Arun Kumar
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-arun-kumar.html
Latest Review: Sophistries of Summer Days by Jenny Lofters

Post by John Arun Kumar »

This exciting reading introduced to me to very interesting part of Jewish worldview and scholarship on creation and history of man. I rated it three out of four because it is a bit bland towards the end. Otherwise it is well researched and a bit challenging read for those not familiar with Jewish life, history, scholarship and spirituality.
:tiphat:
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

I just finished reviewing it and rated it 3 out of 4 stars. I liked how each chapter started with fiction and then explained the content. I was amazed at the amount of research carried out to write the book. The only thing I didn't like is the back and forth between the timelines. I would have preferred if the authors had written it chronologically. Since there were so many names, it got confusing sometimes.
k_madhu_jha
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-madhu-jha.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by k_madhu_jha »

I would have loved to finish reading this book but the fact is I couldn't. It was a well-researched book but made me a little awkward reading it. I would suggest this book to those who believe in such topics. I would give this book 2 out of 4 stars
Josephe-Anne
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading: Not Fishy Enough
Bookshelf Size: 484
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Philosophy from the Mud by Erik Quisling
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

I rated this book four out of four stars because it was well-researched and the topic was interesting. I liked learning about Jewish perspectives on The Bible because I am used to hearing Christian opinions. I can't really say I disliked anything about the book. So, I would recommend it to readers who are interested in science and The Bible.
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon's book The Biblical Clock delves into Christianity and Spirituality. The authors devote a significant amount of time to outlining every detail in their masterpiece. I'm not usually interested in reading books about the Bible, but this one helped me understand many vital points. The day was created by God so that humans could measure time. Based on our understanding of our world and universe, this concept has evolved. When God describes a period, He gives us a word to help us understand something that only He fully comprehends. Overall, I give this book three out of four stars and recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading books with spiritual themes.
Grace McHardy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-mchardy.html
Latest Review: Gardening With Guns by AJ Wootton

Post by Grace McHardy »

I really enjoyed this book as it was very insightful and provided tons of information about both science and religion. I rated it a 4 out of 4 as it was just that good in my opinion.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I held back one star because of 2 reasons- One, the author is too much focused on the bible itself and not on Jesus or the values of God. Second, many points are repeated. Other than this, the book is great. I really liked the author's writing style and language.
Tabuya Dube
Favorite Book: Killing Abel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tabuya-dube.html
Latest Review: Without Redemption by David Griffith

Post by Tabuya Dube »

I gave the book 4 out of 4 stars. Very well written and researched. I don't necessarily subscribe to the teaching on which the book is based but it did give me a lot to think about.
Aashu Chaudhary
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aashu-chaudhary.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Aashu Chaudhary »

I reviewed the book a week ago. I loved the book for two reasons. The first one was the way the author has used fiction stories in this non fiction book. It really makes the book enjoyable. The second is the explanation given by the author using tables, making it easy for the reader to understand the vast calculation timeline. I would give it 3 out of 4.

Return to “Discuss "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon”