Overall rating and opinion of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon

Use this forum to discuss the March 2021 Book of the month, "The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon
Miller56
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miller56.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon

Post by Miller56 »

I read this book a while back. The author attempted to reconcile biblical times with scientific evidence. The concept made sense, however, I am unsure if anyone really understands God's time. Therefore, I believe any attempt to put scientific times to the Bible is difficult if not impossible. I also think these types of books may plant fear of the future in people. If the author is right, then he can tell exactly when the world as we know it ends. However, the Bible states that no one will know. I am a scientist but I trust what the Bible teaches.
MayorE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayore.html
Latest Review: Remarkably Intact by Celia Belt

Post by MayorE »

I rate it a 4 out of four stars because not every book can serve as a stand alone but this one can. I also feel the author did proper research as he backed up his theories with evidence. I can gladly recommend it to anyone interested in Christian books. Congratulations on book of the month
63tty
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
fav_author_id: 199293

Post by 63tty »

63tty wrote: 13 Mar 2021, 01:59 I rated this book 3 out of 4 stars. Most of the points in the book, I would not agree with even though I did my best to have an open mind. I like it because it challenged my intellect on the bible. In as much as I appreciate the author talking about the bible and trying to prove it right, there are so many things I couldn't help but dissagree.
I would recommend this book to almost anyone who likes a challenge on their opinions on religion but not a closed-minded individual because there are so many speculations that the author makes in the book that not many people will agree with.
“If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
~Lily Tomlin
ljohnson236
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 36

Post by ljohnson236 »

If you believe in science and the bible, I would highly recommend all audiences to read it, because it opens up a new perspective. Be open minded. Rating: four out of four.
zulfiyya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zulfiyya.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by zulfiyya »

What I liked most about the book was how well thought out the concepts presented were. It was clear that the author spent a lot of time doing thorough research. The book approached scripture from a scientific and historical standpoint rather than relying on faith to do all the work at explaining the ideas.

What I disliked about the book was that it was written like a textbook and the points made were made very systematically. This worked to provide credibility to the author's message, but I don't enjoy books written in this style. It felt like reading a textbook and so I wasn't very into it.

I gave this book 2 out of stars on my review because I didn't enjoy reading it. However, I appreciate the amount of work put into it.
cogitononsum
Currently Reading: The Great Gatsby
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cogitononsum.html
Latest Review: Final Diagnosis by J. T. Madicus

Post by cogitononsum »

I thought that the concept of the book was very interesting, and I gave it a go. However, I found it quite uncomfortable, even though it was a very interesting book, due to not being christian and not really relating to the book. I liked the scientific part, although some parts were a bit of a stretch. I would give it a 2 stars out of 4.
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by viczboy16 »

It’s an interesting and educative read. It deserves a full rating. The author did a lot of research and his hard work paid off by making a good book. The book reconciles religion and science but can be read by anybody whether you believe in God or not. I would not advise kids to pick this up as it could be difficult for them to understand. It was a wonderful read for me as I could relate to the science aspect of the book as i am a science student. Congrats to the author for such a good book.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
CGO
Currently Reading: The Mindset
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cgo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by CGO »

I've always loved to view religion from different points of view, especially from a scientific point. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

I had a hard time determining what to rate the book but finally settled on 3 out of 4 stars. I did not enjoy the book, but it was written well and edited well. I did not enjoy that it was mostly from a Judaism perspective and that quite a bit of the research was from Wikipedia. I had a hard time understanding some points in the book and got bogged down, but I know that others would enjoy the book, especially if they are Jewish.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
Timothy Rucinski
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: Good Omens
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 22%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

I had the opportunity to review this book and rated it 3 out of 4 stars. I have had some experience with Kabbalah and with reading the works of Jewish mystics, so it was a pleasure to read the author's proposals based upon a community with which I was already acquainted. I didn't necessarily agree with all of the author's assumptions, but I found them fascinating nonetheless. However, Mr. Friedmann's speculation about the End of Days in a fictional account simply fell flat. He should have left this aspect alone and simply specified his expectations, rather than try to create a fictitious narrative. But overall I enjoyed it immensely and have recommended it to a number of people who will find it equally enjoyable. My one remaining question, however, is, "What was the role of Dania Sheldon in writing the book?" The book is told entirely from the perspective of Mr. Friendmann, and Ms. Sheldon is an award-winning editor. I'd be curious to find out if she actually participated in the writing of the book or if she simply utilized her extraordinary editing talents to clean it up, as I couldn't find so much as a comma out of place.
Ebubechinwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebubechinwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ebubechinwaogazie »

For me, I will rate this book four out of four stars, because of their ability to balance the facts about science and the universe. It's an intriguing story. It enhanced my knowledge of science as I am a science lover.
fergamom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by fergamom »

I started this book, but I am not going to finish it. The research is fantastic! But it is dry and too detailed. This is not what I thought it would be. I would give it 1 star.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

This book has been difficult for me. I appreciate the author's research and the lengthy investigation of different sources. I struggle with the science side of his thesis since the Big Bang is still considered to be a "theory." This is not proven science. Scientists have declared this theory to be "science" when it is only a "theory." The author proposes using scientific observations (ex. the Hubbel findings) to prove something that, in this case, cannot be proven. The origins cannot be seen nor reproduced. -- It seems as though efforts were made to make "science" agree with previous suppositions. Statements like: "I came to the intuitive conclusion" (p. 77) are not scientific evidence. -- These are some observations about what made this book a conflict for me. Just declaring something to be "science" does not make it so.
readsbyarun
Favorite Book: Wilderness Cry
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readsbyarun.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by readsbyarun »

I appreciate author's efforts and amount of research made to bring in this book. the book provides many beautiful insights about life. I would rate this book with 3 out of 4 stars.
Sharon2056
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon2056.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Sharon2056 »

I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars the way in which the author potrays all the incidences in the book is quite intriguing. Being a Christian I feel the book was well written.

Return to “Discuss "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon”