Overall rating and opinion of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon

Use this forum to discuss the March 2021 Book of the month, "The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon
Dartemis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dartemis.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon

Post by Dartemis »

While I thought the idea behind the book was interesting, as someone who isn’t religious, I just couldn’t really get into it. Still, because of how well edited it is, I give it a 2 out of 4 stars.
Jorge Leon Salazar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: Mrs Geddes and other stories by Saman Mahanama Dissanayake

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

I read this book. I enjoyed it and rated it 3 out of 4 stars. I discounted a star because it seemed to me that some interpretations may not necessarily be correct, although they are logical. Also, some reasoning is based on texts that have had to survive thousands of years and might have been altered, for example, the Zohar.
Sakura5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakura5.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sakura5 »

I enjoyed reading the book and I rated it 4 out of 4 stars because I think the research behind it was quite extensive and deserved recognition. Anyway, I was not convinced at all by the author's theories, but this is due mainly to my own convictions. So yes, I would recommend this book to others as an informative one and because in comparison to scientific or religious treaties, this book was much more readable and enjoyable.
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

A connection between science and the Bible is always a fascinating read. These two are usually opposing each other and trying to understand the latter is sometimes aided by understanding the former. The Biblical Clock seems to offer incredible insights to both the science and religious world.
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

It's a great book to reconcile science and the Bible. However, I personally don't find the book a comfortable piece to read.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
shravsi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Crime and Punishment
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shravsi.html
Latest Review: Sam the Chosen by Wally Jones

Post by shravsi »

I rated this book 3 out of 4 stars. This book is suitable for open-minded creationists/evolutionists or readers interested in reading books that try to reconcile science and religion. The book is based heavily on Judaism. There is an extensive glossary at the end and hyperlinks in the kindle version. Though I didn't agree with all of the author's views it was an entertaining read. We need to earn knowledge from every angle so that our knowledge keeps on reviving.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

My rating was 4 out of 4, and I liked this book very much! I would definitely recommend it to all those interested in the biblical accounts regarding to the Six Days of Creation and to the readers who (like myself) can admit that science and religion often speak about the same things, using different terms.
Deval Sodha
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 372
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deval-sodha.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Post by Deval Sodha »

gali wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 00:43 This is a discussion topic for the March 2021 Book of the month, The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.
Yes, I will definitely recommend this book to others.
I found the discussion and data provided by the author regarding the the of evolution of universe is very interesting.
I specifically liked how the author gave an accurate tabular comparison of the spiritual and scientific findings.
Praise George-kayode
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-george-kayode.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Praise George-kayode »

The Biblical Clock was a fantastic read for me, as the author had me biting my nails from the first page right down to the last. There is nothing I dislike about the book. The book was professionally edited, as I found no grammatical and punctuation errors. Therefore, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 515
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: A Reckoning of Wolves by Judy Higgins

Post by Mutai Marshal »

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. Not because I subscribe to the author’s line of reasoning but because of the incredible job of documenting a unique interpretation of the bible. I loved most the thought-provoking capacity of this book. Initially, I hadn’t tried equating a millennium to a day to God despite having read the text that mentioned it in the Bible. I recommend it to people who try to reconcile science and Biblical teachings. Through this novel, they will find a platform to express their opinions or critique the authors’ arguments.
Fliesie01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fliesie01.html
Latest Review: Inside Outside: Black Wings Series by Sharlie M. Riverton

Post by Fliesie01 »

I enjoyed reading this book, it was truly interesting to see how God and science exist in the same world and it is possible to believe in both God and science. There was nothing I did not like about the book. I rate it 4 out of 4.
The world belongs to those who read.
-Rick Holland
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

Mounce574 wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 01:31
Sushan wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 00:53 I reviewed this some time ago and I rated it with 3 out of 4 stars. I liked the way that it is presented as a research paper along with all the figures, tables, etc. The theories are quite intriguing, but all in all, it felt like an attempt to prove that the bible is true. At the same time, a big question occurred to me. Where is jesus in this book? Was he never important in God's Divine Plan?
Your question is why I believe that this was more focused on the Jewish Torah. The Jewish religion does not believe that Jesus is the Messiah. The Bible and Torah are similar in the first 5 books but after that they are different due to belief systems.
I agree. The author is coming from a Jewish perspective, and is therefore still waiting for Messiah. In the story of the future he creates in the second half, he has a messiah arising.
simo12
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by simo12 »

I would prescribe it to those perusers who need to accommodate science and the Book of scriptures. I likewise figure the perusers of the Jewish confidence would discover this book really fascinating. I evaluated the book 4 stars out of 4 since it is engaging and altogether investigated. Perusers don't have to trust in God to comprehend what it examines.
Ebubechinwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebubechinwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ebubechinwaogazie »

There were few repetitions, hence, I hated it three out of four stars. I love how science was incorporated in it.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: Devine Enquiries by Martin Hull

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

My penchant for distinctive views of Biblical stories made me read the book and I wasn't let down. I appreciated the sheer research that went into the writing and the authors' explanation of how the scientific and Biblical creation timeline tallies. I rated it four out of four stars.

Return to “Discuss "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon”