Overall rating and opinion of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon

Use this forum to discuss the March 2021 Book of the month, "The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Philosophy from the Mud by Erik Quisling

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

I appreciated the thorough research that went into this book. The book was trying to reconcile science and religion by explaining the scripture using scientific theories. Some points may not be agreeable, some I have already read elsewhere, but the book generally provided an excellent food for thought. I give this book 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend this to anyone who likes opinion pieces, but I don’t think this is suitable for people who has strict religious beliefs.
Ondijo Junior
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ondijo-junior.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Ondijo Junior »

This was a great book I never met any major dislike, for me I felt that the author adequately researched before writing this book, I gave it full rating and I believe it deserves.
Absenc Of Evidence, is Never an Evidence Of Absence
yasiri_vargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasiri-vargas.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by yasiri_vargas »

I rated this book a 3 out of 4 stars just because it really was a challenging book to read (at least to me). The authors really seem to know what they are talking about and it was incredibly interesting to see their point of view and how science and the Bible can correlate to one another. I would also recommend this to anyone who is studying theology or any scientific work cause I know they would get a kick out of this book.
Ruth Naomi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-naomi.html
Latest Review: Peace in the Abyss by Tayo Emmanuel

Post by Ruth Naomi »

I read this book a while ago and the message is clearly biased. And while his research is extensive and gives references, I feel the need to polish on a few scientific facts. Nonetheless, the likes outweighed the dislikes; consequently, I rate the book three out of four stars.
Ruth Naomi
Currently Reading:

Post by Ruth Naomi »

The book quotes numerous Biblical verses and teachings. As a result, I felt as though this book would not be a great fit for non-religious people.
Ruth Naomi
Currently Reading:

Post by Ruth Naomi »

I appreciated how the authors articulated their points. Also, there was enough evidence to support their research.
However, I disliked the religious slang included. I had to do my personal research in order to internalize some words, paragraphs, or even pages.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Post by Roy Nick »

I read this book a while ago. Nonetheless, I felt as if the authors were trying to justify the existence of the Bible. I mean, the holy book has always been in existence.
Roy Nick
Currently Reading:

Post by Roy Nick »

I liked a few things of the book. Firstly, there was changing scenery; there was Spain, Russia, England etc. I enjoyed reading all that.
Again, I gained knowledge regarding the Bible - some came as shockers, nonetheless.
Roy Nick
Currently Reading:

Post by Roy Nick »

There were pictures inserted in the installment to complement the theories under discussion. I loved that. On the contrary, some theories are discussed in depth. There were repetitions that made the book lengthy and monotonous. Moreover, there were grammatical typos. As a result, I rate the book 2 out of 4 stars.
Roy Nick
Currently Reading:

Post by Roy Nick »

With the religion inserted, I recommend the book to religious audiences. However, the authors have discussed the book in detail; consequently, open minded people would find this read valuable.
ej_author
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ej-author.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by ej_author »

I rated this book two out of four stars. It was an intriguing read, but I found several gaps in the author's reasoning and the way he interpreted the Bible was a little far-fetched. One glaring example was the way he interpreted a passage from Psalms literally, when in fact it is a book of poetry, and then interpreted the historical account of creation from Genesis as figurative. When you get into hermeneutics, it's important to recognize that the Bible is made up of several types of books (history, poetry, letters, etc.) because that greatly impacts how you study and interpret it. It seems like the author didn't take that into account at all and just interpreted everything so it would fit his theory.
"No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader." --Robert Frost
Mys_Trea
Currently Reading: Seconds to Live
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mys-trea.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by Mys_Trea »

My initial opinion of this book was that it would probably bore me to tears. After reading it, I gave it a solid 4 out of 4. It was well-researched, informative and entertaining. I would advise anyone who is curious about our origins to read this one. Also, you do not have to be a devout religious person to get some value out of this book. It just needs someone with an open mind.
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 853
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by topdan30 »

I liked how the book was presented and the author used facts and thoughts to drive home his point as he relates science and biblical facts. The book is for the open minded.
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
2024 Reading Goal: 853
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by topdan30 »

Reviewer100 wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 18:13 What I liked most about the was the title. I feel the details and the lessons from the book correlated with the title. I will surely recommend it to those who wish to find the connection of science and the Bible.
A lot of people always thought there is no correlation between science and the Bible. It was interesting to read as it changed my mind about some biblical facts and philosophies.
Deval Sodha
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 372
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deval-sodha.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Post by Deval Sodha »

Thus is an awesome book which suggests answers to many questions that a human being posses in his mind.
I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. This book gives a complete detailed explanation about the evolution of mankind concerning both science and spiritually.
I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to understand universe with both the perspectives, scientific and spiritually.

Return to “Discuss "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon”