Overall rating and opinion of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon

Use this forum to discuss the March 2021 Book of the month, "The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon
Ebubechinwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebubechinwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon

Post by Ebubechinwaogazie »

The ability of the author to balance between Science and the Bible is applaudable. I loved the fact that he used evidences and illustration to make the theme understandable.
Fabulous mind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabulous-mind.html
Latest Review: The Last Panda by L.Z. smith

Post by Fabulous mind »

I like the whole concept of relating science and religion and where they complement eachother. I think people who always argue about the relationship between religion and science will find this book entertaining. However, I rate it a 3 out of 4 stars.
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

I read about three-fourths of this book so far. I found it a bit hard to follow, honestly. I like the Biblical references for the most part, but I was not really into all the science references and correlation to the Bible. Overall it isn’t a bad book, but not the nest. It does have potential though.
KanaSmriti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanasmriti.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior: Acolyte of Truth by Antoine Bonner

Post by KanaSmriti »

The Biblical Clock is a mixture of science and stories of Bible. I enjoyed some portion but also got bored in some portion. I give it 3 out of 4 stars.
Prabhat Sunil Mathur
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prabhat-sunil-mathur.html
Latest Review: Severed Roots by Nego Huzcotoq

Post by Prabhat Sunil Mathur »

This book is very awesome when I read this. I liked the feature of the book based upon. I loved the way of author to influence us. I recommend this book because it is of my interesting genre, Historical, Fictitious.
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-c-n.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by Goodness C N »

This book was a perfect read. I mean, intertwining both science and religion is not what you always come around. But the author not only did it, rather it was exceptionally done.
Lorraine De Vos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorraine-de-vos.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Lorraine De Vos »

I think that the author’s idea of putting the stories in a chronological timeline was well researched and deserves praise. Matching science and religion is a delicate balance and I do believe they pulled it off brilliantly.
Wildflowertheorist
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildflowertheorist.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Wildflowertheorist »

I rate the book 2 out of 4 stars. The author tried to explain the Bible and science connection but the translation and precise timings mentioned lead me to believe that It's a good effort but more needs to be researched about it.
"When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche
GreatReviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greatreviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by GreatReviews »

I rated the book 3 out of 4 stars. This is because, while I commend the author for his approach in juxtaposing the bible and science—bring the correlation between both, There are, however, some of his claims that I felt are not rightly explained. Example is Friedman's claim that God is hidden from man is the basis for how everything happens naturally. I don't agree with this, as my own belief is that not everything happens naturally, and even the fact that things happen naturally is not an evidence that God is truly hidden from us. But, according to the bible, God is hidden because of man sinfulness.
Cynthia Olyy
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-olyy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cynthia Olyy »

Lately, I've reading books that try to reconcile science and the Bible. I must say this book is exceptional. I will recommend it to people like me who are in dire need of answers to so many questions.
Taiwo_Olawoye
Currently Reading: OldEarth Aram Encounter
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1femi1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Taiwo_Olawoye »

This is an interesting book. I will be rating it a 4 out of 4 points. However, I do not completely agree with it content. I will be recommending it to mature readers that can understand this research findings.
Ondijo Junior
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ondijo-junior.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Ondijo Junior »

i read this book and the author repeated some events, i rated it 3 out of 4 stars. i deducted that star for for the repetition. Though it was a great book and i enjoyed reading it.
Absenc Of Evidence, is Never an Evidence Of Absence
Lauren Hanna
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Last to Vanish
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-hanna.html
Latest Review: Mamma & Me by Eloisa B. Lucas

Post by Lauren Hanna »

This isn’t a book I would typically gravitate to, but since it was the Book of the Month, I thought I’d give it a try. I am glad that I did. I found this book to be very interesting and thought-provoking. Dan and Seb’s journey for answers into human history was both educational and fascinating. The authors thoroughly researched this book and it shows. I liked how, at the beginning of every chapter, the authors included facts as a dialogue to keep the reader engaged. There was nothing to dislike about this story. For these reasons, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this non-fiction book to those who enjoy learning about science and religion.
danopsy93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danopsy93.html
Latest Review: The Time Agents: Search for the Leon Key by Sam Libraty

Post by danopsy93 »

I read this book without reading the other once in the series and I enjoyed it. it can be read as a standalone. the author also provided enough backings to his facts which shows that it is a work of research.
Tomes 2 Read
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomes-2-read.html
Latest Review: Rough Way to the High Way by Kelly Mack McCoy

Post by Tomes 2 Read »

I rated "The Biblical Clock" 3 out of 4 stars. I felt this was an insightful book with strong scientific, mathematic, and religious support to prove that religion and science are intertwined and to predict spiritual events (i.e., The End of Days). I have a Christian background, but have always believed that religion and science are intertwined, with religion seeing by faith what science later proves via fact.
I like the way Friedmann and Sheldon presented this information as well. The book could easily have faltered given the wealth of information alone, but the book was understandable, informational, and intriguing. I plan to follow up with several references to learn more. While there are some topics I'm skeptical about or don't agree with, I do plan to research further to satisfy my curiosity. And I'm excited to share ideas and opinions about the book and its premise in this forum.

Return to “Discuss "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon”