Overall rating and opinion of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon

Use this forum to discuss the March 2021 Book of the month, "The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon
Paul Zietsman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-zietsman.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon

Post by Paul Zietsman »

I rated it a perfect 4 out of 4. I felt that the research that went into this book was extraordinary. The amount of learning is therefore plentiful. In my review I stated that the authors, however, show a strong bias to religious texts being factual. This does, in my view, shed some doubt on the findings, however extraordinary they might be.
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
Adenike279
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adenike279.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Adenike279 »

I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. It increased the little knowledge I have in science plus it connects man to the creator.
Melissa Katherine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-katherine.html
Latest Review: True Teryn by S.G. Blaise

Post by Melissa Katherine »

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars.
I'm a Christian, growing up going to church. But I also have a strong belief in science, I'll be graduating this May with a Bachelor of Science. In my studies at school, I've been wondering lately how science and religion can be combined. I've seen from my classes the evidence of evolution and evidence of an old Earth. However, science isn't taught in church services, and the Bible doesn't explicitly state that Day 1 of creation was not a day as we know it. I thought it was really interesting to see Friedmann's evidence from religious scholars that coincide and agree with scientific evidence.
shana Stephanus
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shana-stephanus.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by shana Stephanus »

I rated this book 3 out of 4 stars. It's very enjoyable to read, it has quite a lot of interesting points based on the authors research. The fictional parts of the book does leave you confused, I read certain chapters slowly to understand what
purpose it served in its chapters. Overall, the book was great!
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

This book is a huge debate ground between science and spirituality. The author dives into the deepest truths and brings many characters to make a statement. I liked the way the author set forth the ideas.
Gideon Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideon-olomofe.html
Latest Review: An autopsy with a smile by Snejana Danwell

Post by Gideon Olomofe »

I've reviewed this book and I rated it 4 out of 4 stars. The book sounds more of a research book, and that's what I do like to read because of facts that would be recommended.

I recommend it to the inquisitive who have also wanted to reconcile science and religion.
Charley Taylor
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charley-taylor.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Charley Taylor »

I found the author's reconciliation of ideas of science and religion insightful and original, and I agree with the author that instead of working against each other, these ideas can work together harmoniously, without one discrediting the other. I particularly liked the God creation story in 7 days being explained scientifically, with each day representing one millennium.

The anecdotal tone gave the book pace however at times it was difficult to differentiate between fiction and non-fiction, with fictional stories being used to narrate scientific facts. The last chapter holds a glimpse into the future and the 'End of Days' - despite being fictional, it did feel fairly plausible, with the 'End of Days' increasingly seeping into people's daily lives with the threat of global sickness and natural disasters.

Overall, I feel the book was well written and despite the fictional elements, the book is thought-provoking and provided some interesting perspectives.
Simmons32
Currently Reading: Cengage Advantage Books
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simmons32.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Simmons32 »

I Rates this book 3 out of 4 stars. Although there were some interesting parts, there was a lot in this book I didn’t agree with. I am
Very picky when it comes to Christian book, and this is one I would not recommend to people. Wish I felt differently.
Agbata precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Agbata precious »

What I liked most about the was the title. I feel the details and the lessons from the book correlated with the title. I will surely recommend it to those who wish to find the connection of science and the Bible.
Donald Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-trust.html
Latest Review: Rosa by Barbara de la Cuesta

Post by Donald Trust »

One of the best well-researched books on religion and science I have read. This book deserves a 4-star due to the fascinating information in it. I rarely came across any error.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

I really enjoyed this book and I rated it 4 out 4 stars. I feel like the book offered me a lot of insight concerning the relationship between the Bible and science. I recommend it to those who feel stuck like me. I feel many people need clarification on this issue. The authors explained the concept well.
Jatto Onimisi
Currently Reading: Shitolian
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jatto-onimisi.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Jatto Onimisi »

I enjoyed this book for its presentation and the author's efforts in trying to reconcile the data from the different perspective, but I also noted some inconsistencies. It is a well-written book.
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Olomofe »

I appreciate the author's effort to really attempt to solve the human inherent problem of reconciling religion and science. Since this is a work of research and the author can back his claims the book has authenticity. What I love most is the pack of proofs that the author provides to affirm his claim about reconciling science and religion. The book came to me in andy since I love knowing new things
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

I loved how Friedmann knocked down the title of the book with its insights they really matched. I also loved the way in which the author used picture illustrations for clarity on the reader to an idea of what he is talking about. I gave this book a rating of 4 out 4, the author's thick research and opinions have helped me to exercise my thoughts, above all it was an enjoyable read. I recommend the book mostly to Philosophers.
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
maycherono91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maycherono91.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by maycherono91 »

As a professional in the science field, and a staunch Christian, am curious to see how he merged Science and the Bible. This i a book I would definitely want to read an give my opinion on it.

Return to “Discuss "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon”