Overall rating and opinion of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon

Use this forum to discuss the March 2021 Book of the month, "The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Overall rating and opinion of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon

Post by gali »

This is a discussion topic for the March 2021 Book of the month, The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

I rated this book with four out of four stars.
This is book four in Daniel Friedman's inspired studies series, but you can read it as a standalone. I would recommend it to those readers who want to reconcile science and the Bible. I also think the readers of the Jewish faith would find this book more interesting. Keep in mind that this is a very complex read that might be difficult for younger readers to understand.
The only thing I disliked is the fiction part of the book in chapter three about global warming. I didn’t find it very interesting, and it missed the mark with me on that one completely.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Stephanie Runyon
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1652
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Crossroads by Andrew Slac
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

I rated it a 3 out of 4 stars. I felt that he repeated a lot of information and that the true focus of the book was on Kabbalah and the Jewish Torah. While the Bible is similar to the Torah in the first 5 books, it just didn't sit well with me.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Nferdi20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nferdi20.html
Latest Review: When No One Else Believed by Ron Tripodo

Post by Nferdi20 »

I highly recommend this book. If you read it with an honest open mind and let the facts speak for themselves the book will change you. I rated the book 4 stars out of 4 because it is very entertaining and thoroughly researched. Readers do not need to believe in God to understand what it discusses. The facts and evidence speak for themselves. It is left up to the reader to choose whether the obvious is true or not. Great book!
Verna Coy
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verna-coy.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Post by Verna Coy »

I liked how this book valued all timelines and evidence, no matter where or when they happened. I think the book’s ideas are presented well, and I will recommend it to others, for sure. The only thing that I didn’t like so much was how the author time-jumped abruptly in mid-study. Sometimes it was confusing. Overall, however, it’s a great book.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

I reviewed this some time ago and I rated it with 3 out of 4 stars. I liked the way that it is presented as a research paper along with all the figures, tables, etc. The theories are quite intriguing, but all in all, it felt like an attempt to prove that the bible is true. At the same time, a big question occurred to me. Where is jesus in this book? Was he never important in God's Divine Plan?
Stephanie Runyon
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1652
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Crossroads by Andrew Slac
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

Sushan wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 00:53 I reviewed this some time ago and I rated it with 3 out of 4 stars. I liked the way that it is presented as a research paper along with all the figures, tables, etc. The theories are quite intriguing, but all in all, it felt like an attempt to prove that the bible is true. At the same time, a big question occurred to me. Where is jesus in this book? Was he never important in God's Divine Plan?
Your question is why I believe that this was more focused on the Jewish Torah. The Jewish religion does not believe that Jesus is the Messiah. The Bible and Torah are similar in the first 5 books but after that they are different due to belief systems.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
charlenecraig
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crcraig.html
Latest Review: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra by A Ali Hasan Ali

Post by charlenecraig »

I really liked this book. The author took the time to explain the connections between science and religious documents in a way that I could easily understand them though I had to reread some of sections to make sure I understood. I have read some other writings on this subject and find this is the most comprehensive I have found.

As to Jesus, the author states that a great religious leader arises at the beginning of each period. Could Jesus have been that leader for that period. And his return could be the last religious leader before the end as predicted in the Bible and the last one in the last period described in the book?
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Coromandel Dreamin' by Ron Murray

Post by Praise GodWord »

What I liked most about the was the title. I feel the details and the lessons from the book correlated with the title. I will surely recommend it to those who wish to find the connection of science and the Bible.
Goral
Currently Reading: A Brief History of Time
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goral.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Goral »

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I really enjoyed reading this book as I'm a science student myself and found this very easy to understand. I also liked the part in which the author has interwoven religion. There is nothing much that I disliked about this book.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy books, and that's kind of the same thing
Oratorokon
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Oratorokon »

I personally love the book and I give it 5 stars there is nothing too bad about it, it point man to the creator and humanity most importantly it also talk about science
Fozia RYK
Currently Reading: Scalpels Out
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Fozia RYK »

I would prescribe it to those perusers who need to accommodate science and the Bible. I additionally figure the perusers of the Jewish confidence would discover this book really fascinating. Remember that this is an unpredictable perused that may be hard for more youthful perusers to comprehend.
The lone thing I detested is the fiction part of the book in section three about an unnatural weather change. I didn't think that its extremely fascinating, and it came up short with me on that one totally.
Abacus
Favorite Book: Elizabeth's Garden
Currently Reading: Zonas de
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abacus.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Abacus »

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon - Another thought-provoking book by Daniel Freidman and Dania Sheldon. This time focusing on their research rather than conclusions. Once the translation of the words is correct I believe a mesmerizing story will unfold including science.
brimel2527
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by brimel2527 »

I rated this book one out of four stars. I kept searching for the best word to describe it, and I kept coming back to "Nonsense". The mental gymnastics that the author goes through to attempt to reconcile his religious beliefs with accepted scientific observations would make Simone Biles jealous. The writing is also lacking. The author concludes that Adam was created at 10 AM on Day 6, Eve between 11-12. They were then to be married at 6 PM, but apparently due to their uncontrollable lust, had "marital relations" at 2. How could they have "marital relations" without being married, and why is the author afraid to use the word "sex"?
To be convinced of any of this requires a belief in the literal text of the Bible, and I just don't have that. I'm sure there's an audience for this type of book out there, but I'm certainly not it. A complete waste of my time.
Lois_B
Favorite Book: The Mindset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lois-b.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Lois_B »

Congrats on being March 2021 BOTM. Personally, I found it very uncomfortable reading this book but at least I loved the fact that there was enough evidence and research to back the author’s point. I would rate this book 2 out of 4 stars.

Return to “Discuss "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon”