Which side are you in?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2021 Book of the month, "The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Re: Which side are you in?

Post by Shillah Andeso »

I was on side number 2 when I began reading this book. I however think I shifted to side number one after properly reading what the author had to say concerning both topics. The book really helped me a lot.
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Olomofe »

I belong to number three. I discovered that each day I come across what will tell me more about how science and religion could be reconciled, I make use of it to learn more. So, this why I believe that I belong to number 3. And because I see myself as knowing Bible fairly and still believe in science, and I believe that there is still more to know about our complex Universe
Cocobutta
Currently Reading: Hidden Current
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cocobutta.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Cocobutta »

Josephe-Anne wrote: 10 Jul 2021, 22:57 I would say that I fit into Group 3 because (even though the book was excellent), I believe that there are some mysteries we may never find the answer to while we are alive. I like to research scientific and religious teachings, so it doesn't bother me to explore different perspectives.
I agree. Some things may never be understood and that is fine. I like to do research but I am not weighed down by the fact that there are things I don’t know. I think that is the beauty of life.
kensgarment odogwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kensgarment-odogwu.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by kensgarment odogwu »

Lolz
I love this classification but i fall into a special group not mentioned there. I believe the scriptures, and i also do not augure with science. I think some way science and religions are very much related but more work has to done to establish that fact.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

VernaVi wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 23:52 I would be in group three. I believe in the Bible as well as Science. I think they can and do go hand in hand, and that one proves the other because there have been so many proofs presented regarding the Bible by scientists over the years that exemplify the way this world is made, created, growing and evolving and prove out the Bible’s claims as well as its historical events over the many years.
Nice point I agree with you
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

I would say my group is not listed by the author in his narrative, so, therefore, I suggest there is another narrative that believes in God and knows science and teaching of the scriptures can go hand in hand.
Online Concept
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezel-dornelles.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Online Concept »

I don't think this is all there is to grouping humans because I don't see myself in any group because I believe in God and creation, and I also believe that most parts of science is congruous with the Bible.
Jane Ogwang
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-ogwang.html
Latest Review: Dr. Marsha and the Case of the Missing Marshmallows and Hotdogs by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jane Ogwang »

I believe in God, and I cannot give any logic for that decision. I just believe there is a God who created the Universe and guides our steps. I also, interestingly, believe in science, and I'm totally convinced the two can co-exist.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

When you first have a belief and then try to substantiate it, you can see and uncover sufficient evidence to back up your claim. However, if the contrary is required, the person is equally capable of seeing and locating support for his position. Therefore, a final philosophical argument or agreement that can be reached cannot genuinely prove or refute anything, but it can give certain members of one of my three groups comfort, while giving discomfort to the others.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

I was formerly in category two, because I believe that what scientists say is not in line with what the Bible says. For example, the creation story of both sides.... However, after reading the book, I think I'm now in category one.
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

I will be in group two, cause I don't think science and Bible can go hand in hand.
Unique Mary Iloakasia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-mary-iloakasia.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Unique Mary Iloakasia »

I believe God created the world. I don't agree with the opinion that we evolved from animals.
Roderick Voss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

People who are on both sides and think there is simply more to it than we as humans can possibly know make up what I perceive to be the fourth category.
Jakub Bystrowski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jakub-bystrowski.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Jakub Bystrowski »

I belong to the side of those who believe in God and the creation, yet with the basic scientific knowledge seeing that what science says does not go along with what bible says. I believe in God and not science.
Peace Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-eze.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Post by Peace Eze »

I’m indifferent about this but if I’m to choose then I will go with the second set of people.

Return to “Discuss "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon”