Which side are you in?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2021 Book of the month, "The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon
GreatReviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greatreviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Re: Which side are you in?

Post by GreatReviews »

I'm of the opinion that Science should be believed and bible also should be believed because, while bible is true about the origin of the universe, it analysis and proves are not in-depth to a scientific mind. And this is the area where science fix in—providing the logical analysis, with an easy to accept presentation approach, of how the universe has originated. And I can say the scientists' accuracy is evident in some technologies that uses some facts the scientists have gathered about the Earth.
Scarbaby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scarbaby.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Scarbaby »

Sam Lauren wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 06:42 I think there's a fourth group: people who are on both sides and believe that there is just more to it than we can possibly know as humans.
I’d fit into this group Sam. When I find myself conflicted about certain experiences and phenomena, I tell myself there is always so much more that we haven’t yet discovered. Even so, I doubt that we will ever know the answers to all of our questions because really, what would be the fun in that?
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

I look at life predominantly from a religious perspective. I believe God made the world and that the scriptures contain principles on how to live. However, I understand the basics of science and I consider it complementary to the scriptures.
Trinity Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 501
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trinity-green.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Trinity Green »

I'm not sure if this should be addressed, but I feel there is another group to add. I do not believe in the teachings of the bible, nor do I see God, in terms of Christianity, as the higher power at play. However, I do believe in some sort of spiritual power. That being said, I would say that science is a solid indicator of the ways of the world but, as a simple mortal, I will not know anything for certain.
Taiwo_Olawoye
Currently Reading: OldEarth Aram Encounter
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1femi1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Taiwo_Olawoye »

I believe science agrees with the teachings of the Bible. We can find peace and a settled mind when we allow God to inspire our life and thoughts. There are a lot of miseries in the world that even science struggle to explain.
Durgeshwari Dolas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-durgeshwari-dolas.html
Latest Review: Cold Serial: The Jack the Strangler Murders by Brian E. Forschner

Post by Durgeshwari Dolas »

I believe I'm part of the third group. Coming from a place where I am surrounded by many religion I must say I have heard many theories about the earth revolution. As a believer of god, I do have faith in God and his power. But I'm also student of science so I also crave the hidden phenomenon of this universe. However knowledgeable you are you can't take only one side. Because although science has proofs and theories there are still many things beyond science, whose phenomenon we can never explain.
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

Yes I do agree that there is a polarisation of humankind into those who believe in the fundamentals of science and the theory of our evolution despite its incongruity with the Scripture, and those who adopt the Scripture and the Creation account as contained in the Bible despite its contradictions with science. And then the last group standing on the fence. I believe I belong to the second group because the account of the Bible and our creation surprisingly appear more rational to me than science theories.
Ondijo Junior
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ondijo-junior.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Ondijo Junior »

i am very religious and i believe in the existence of God. even after reading this amazing book i was still not convinced on the scientific theories. i believe God is the creator of the universe all that is in it.
Absenc Of Evidence, is Never an Evidence Of Absence
Mys_Trea
Currently Reading: Seconds to Live
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mys-trea.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by Mys_Trea »

I'm in group two. I can make sense of the bible and agree with it fundamentally, but also understand the scientific theories as well. Being a believer makes it impossible for me to look at all the wonders and miracles that take place, and not believe in God. I also believe that he gave scientists and doctors the intellect and ability to study phenomena and come up with conclusions.
Karissa Schilling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karissa-schilling.html
Latest Review: Lessons For Kids to Learn by D.L.Kelly

Post by Karissa Schilling »

I would probably fall into the third category because I was raised as a Christian and was taught science my entire childhood. I can see why people who only believe in science would say the Bible is ridiculous, but one has to remember when the Bible was written. I think that our modern world tends to misinterpret the Bible as meaning exactly what it says, when in reality we don't know the exact meanings because human civilizations, literature, and sciences have evolved so much compared to when the Bible was written. I think that both the Bible and modern science have to be taken with a grain of salt each when discussing the two together. In my opinion, neither is right nor wrong due to contextual issues.
Nichole Kurns
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Still Life
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nichole-kurns.html
Latest Review: Intricate Mandalas with Inspirational Quotes: by Big Initial Studios

Post by Nichole Kurns »

I fit mostly in the third category. I believe that the Bible and science can explain origin of life and solar system. Both contribute and will continue contribute to knowledge of life and solar system. Also, I think there is more than what we as humans can explain or understand.
Danelle Cale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danelle-cale.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Danelle Cale »

Group three is the only one I seem to fit. I believe in God and the bible, but I also believe in science. I've given this a lot of thought and have come to the conclusion, for myself, that God has created everything and the scientific finds are found because it's His plan. I trust in God and trust that everything that happens in our universe is because of Him and what He has done and allowed. No one will ever know the complete truth until their life on earth is finished so the only thing left is to wonder. The debate of Creation vs. science is why I'm very interested in reading The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon. I'm very interested in what their biblical and scientific research has discovered.
Qer
Currently Reading: Immigrant Hustle
Bookshelf Size: 87

Post by Qer »

I'm of the opinion that those aren't the only groups involved in these matters, that there are in fact plenty more in the shadows per se. Having read the book and the Bible, I'm inclined to believe that science is only now discovering and validating what was prophesied in the Bible long ago. So what science deems as new discoveries is in essence fulfillment and confirmation of Bible prophecies.
Manish987
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Manish987 »

I would like to go ahead with with group 3.Although there are many topics on which Bible and science differs but I firmly believe that both of them are created for the benefit of the mankind. Science can be thought of as something that provides physical strength to the body and religion makes the mind stable. Both physical strength and calm mind is necessary for healthy life. Therefore both of these hold an important position in man's life.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1649
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: The Hermit Gryphon by Paula Grover
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

I am in group 3.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF

Return to “Discuss "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon”