Which side are you in?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2021 Book of the month, "The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Re: Which side are you in?

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

Group 3 describes me to a T as far as my believes. Beginning of science was based upon nature. Nature was a creation by God. The universe as we talk about in science is of God’s making . I have a very good knowledge about science as well as the Bible and feel that they go hand-in-hand
Eddy E
Currently Reading: In the Meantime
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddy-e.html
Latest Review: Sena's Black Ross by Linda k jones

Post by Eddy E »

The 3 groups are almost precise categories, I think I fall under the second category. I'm a believer, so the origin of the world and events that play out are scriptural to me but i don't despise science either. I am of the opinion that science rather proves biblical teaching. I am not close minded, I try to inculcate both aspects. I can't really think of another group to add, I believe these 3 do justice
Emidio Inocencio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acalauejo-o.html
Latest Review: Diamond J&G Manor Parlay Gambling House by Sylvie L Gionet
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Emidio Inocencio »

Frankly speaking, I believe that I'm divided. There's a side of science that I believe as well as God side. Therefore, I cannot peak just one side because in both assumptions there blind spots.
Caleb 044
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caleb-044.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Caleb 044 »

It a trick to pick but for me I believe in both God and science. This is because some things science cannot explain and we just have to go with what we are told in the Bible. On some other topics, I believe in science bacause it has shown us factual evidence.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Post by Roy Nick »

I feel like we're diverting out the book. When someone tries to validate the Bible based on science or vice versa, we extend the already existing conflict of interest between the two. In my opinion, I cannot choose between the Bible and science, because both come in handy in different ways.
dennisbragra
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dennisbragra.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by dennisbragra »

am an agnostic. I believe human beings dont have the ability or power to appove or disapprove the existence of God.
Foluso Falaye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-foluso-falaye.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Foluso Falaye »

I am in the group that thinks it's okay to admit about not knowing because I wasn't actually there at the beginning and men can say anything. In fact, science has been proven wrong several times with new discoveries. And I've never actually seen God before.
MBerretta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mberretta.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by MBerretta »

I have a B.S. in Biology so, I would classify myself as very scientifically educated. However, there was something one of my professors (who was of the Jewish faith) said about the controversy of science & religion. She said, "You can believe in God and still be a scientist. If you look at the intricacy of procreation, how detailed and precise the very act of cellular division is, how precarious it is ensuring the process is done correctly, and see how that happens so flawlessly time and time again. You will be in awe of your creator." Which I took as meaning, if you believe in God and see how immense and detailed and fragile Earth and its beings are, you can appreciate the work he has done.
Starboy25421
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Starboy25421 »

I would be in group 2 ,because if we are a religious we need to have hope in god. To prove that about a religion to common people they also need to beleive god and they ask some scientific questions. So we also need some scientific knowledge to prove some things about our religion scientifically.
Marie Blackwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marie-blackwell.html
Latest Review: Hallowed Ground by Cindy Ziperman

Post by Marie Blackwell »

I think that this assertion is right. I certainly find myself situated somewhere in the spectrum of #3, I believe that the Bible contains so many important details that were once believed to be myths or simple stories but that on recent times Science and History have prove to be true.
Black Tulip
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Black Tulip »

do we have to argue on this topic? Why can't we just accept the universe as it is? The universe, its nice and amazing... can't we just appreciate that?
tafta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tafta.html
Latest Review: The FBI Inspector by Jay Dubya

Post by tafta »

I belong to the second group that believes in God and creation. Science works a lot with tangibles, if something cannot be proven therefore it doesn't exist. Where I'm from, it is common knowledge that witches fly around in winnows, this is not scientifically proven but it doesn't negate it's existence. We should allow science the benefit of "still discovering",on the other hand, creation is a finished job.
Durga MS
Favorite Book: Perfect
Currently Reading: Randy the Irresistible
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-durga-ms.html
Latest Review: Perfect by Judi Miller

Post by Durga MS »

I will be in group three. I've always questioned myself on where my loyalties lie. I've openly admired the idea of God and the intricacies of how a universal force created everything that came to be. I have also been amazed by science and the unanswered questions it leaves in my mind. It's my belief that both of these go hand in hand. None of these two can solve the mystery of creation and life completely. I think the beauty lies in accepting we can never comprehend this world,by either of these means.
Latest Review: Perfect by Judi Miller
Natalia Nazeem
Favorite Book: The Amulet of Samarkand
Currently Reading: We are Volhuire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalia-nazeem.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Natalia Nazeem »

Sam Lauren wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 06:42 I think there's a fourth group: people who are on both sides and believe that there is just more to it than we can possibly know as humans.
I find myself agreeing with this. It's difficult for me to reconcile with religion - Science has uncovered, and explained, a lot of things that religion has not - but, it doesn't mean that we have all the answers. Honestly, I think that there's a lot more that we don't know, than what we do know, and some of it may simply be beyond our grasp as human beings. Jostein Gaarder wrote in Sophie's World: "If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we would still be so stupid that we couldn't understand it." This is one example of things that we just might never grasp, simply because we aren't able to.
Sasha_100
Favorite Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Currently Reading: City of Ghosts
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sasha-100.html
Latest Review: Heroes of Atlantis by Ryan Carriere
fav_author_id: 2502

Post by Sasha_100 »

While I'm not a believer of the Bible specifically, I am religious so I would being to the first category for my religion

And yes I think there can be many groups of thoughts based on this subject.

Return to “Discuss "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon”