The author predicts a war against Israel in the near future. What do you think about that?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2021 Book of the month, "The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon
Fozia RYK
Currently Reading: Scalpels Out
Bookshelf Size: 23

Re: The author predicts a war against Israel in the near future. What do you think about that?

Post by Fozia RYK »

Things are going on there that show that war will happen we simply don't have a clue when. Especially as the Western world backings Israel and the Moslem world loathes them. I do accept the forecasts of the creator are very much reported and follow what the Bible advises us. In spite of the fact that the Western world will be included, I think the trigger will be among Israel and the remainder of the Middle East.
friedmanndaniel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by friedmanndaniel »

Yet, the chosen country is Israel because it is the mainly involved country in religious issues related to Christianity. And the rest of the details are fictional, yet has some basis with regard to what you found in your studys.
- yes Israel is chosen because the prophecies say that's where it happens. The issues have to do with the fact the 3 religions (including Islam) lay claim to Jerusalem.
In the current world, can we merely expect things to happen because they were predicted in the bible? What about the other socio-political factors that come into play in such matters?
-This is the key issue in the Bible that states that on the one hand, historical outcomes are predetermined and on the other, we have free will. Contradictory, yet biblically the case. The way this can be understood is that our actions certainly cause all kinds of events, but as a group, although we don't perceive it at the time, history is moving in a certain direction to a certain outcome.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: LaBlance Fish Tales Two by Peter F LaBlance
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Fozia RYK wrote: 04 Mar 2021, 12:26 Things are going on there that show that war will happen we simply don't have a clue when. Especially as the Western world backings Israel and the Moslem world loathes them. I do accept the forecasts of the creator are very much reported and follow what the Bible advises us. In spite of the fact that the Western world will be included, I think the trigger will be among Israel and the remainder of the Middle East.
Israel is being hated by the fellow Muslim countries because of their connection with the US and other Western powers, which is threat to the region. Yet, however much the Muslim countries hate them, so far they did not go to a war because Israel is backed by the US, and also because of the international treaties that are there to prevent international wars.

So, without considering political status of the world, how can we expect such a war to happen just because the bible has predicted so? Most importantly, to such a battle happen on spiritual grounds, is Israel actually spiritually ahead in the region?
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Well, as far as I see it, the Israel war has been going one for quite some time now. War never seems to cease there, so it's nothing abnormal if another war will occur. It's true that there are many Jews in that country, but it doesn't mean the world has to be jealous of their technology and knowledge. If they are that superior, Israel would be the number one country and not America. I think Israel has a high ranking on the power chart because of their military and political influence. As for the 'end times', many fortunetellers have predicted the apocalypse already, and yet we are still here, alive and kicking just fine. So in my opinion, there is no need to worry about that uncertain future, especially when we would no longer be around in 2133.
Sushan Ekanayake

friedmanndaniel wrote: 04 Mar 2021, 17:22 Yet, the chosen country is Israel because it is the mainly involved country in religious issues related to Christianity. And the rest of the details are fictional, yet has some basis with regard to what you found in your studys.
- yes Israel is chosen because the prophecies say that's where it happens. The issues have to do with the fact the 3 religions (including Islam) lay claim to Jerusalem.
In the current world, can we merely expect things to happen because they were predicted in the bible? What about the other socio-political factors that come into play in such matters?
-This is the key issue in the Bible that states that on the one hand, historical outcomes are predetermined and on the other, we have free will. Contradictory, yet biblically the case. The way this can be understood is that our actions certainly cause all kinds of events, but as a group, although we don't perceive it at the time, history is moving in a certain direction to a certain outcome.
We have free will but the history has a certain direction which will lead to a certain outcome. As far as I can understand, these two contradict each other. If our actions determine our future, how can there be a certain outcome which is decided based on the history as well as the prophecies?

Yes, Israel is the country of interest in various religious matters. But will it be the battle ground if the war has concerns other than religion? Seemingly in this fiction also, the reason for war is the need of other nations to get the Israel's scientific knowledge. But if that knowledge was somewhere else, then Israel would have been spared.
Sushan Ekanayake

Sou Hi wrote: 04 Mar 2021, 20:16 Well, as far as I see it, the Israel war has been going one for quite some time now. War never seems to cease there, so it's nothing abnormal if another war will occur. It's true that there are many Jews in that country, but it doesn't mean the world has to be jealous of their technology and knowledge. If they are that superior, Israel would be the number one country and not America. I think Israel has a high ranking on the power chart because of their military and political influence. As for the 'end times', many fortunetellers have predicted the apocalypse already, and yet we are still here, alive and kicking just fine. So in my opinion, there is no need to worry about that uncertain future, especially when we would no longer be around in 2133.
Well, you and me won't be there in 2133. But that does not mean that we do not have to care about such a possibility if it is true, because 2133 is not very far away as well.

And, yes, if Israel had such a superior technology and knowledge, then they would have been above US. But to be a target of other nations, you do not actually have to be on top. If you are in a politically or economically valuable geographical area, other powerful nations will want your soul. But it is doubtful whether they will consider biblical predictions in such occasions.
Jessica045
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica045.html
Latest Review: George by James H Russell

Post by Jessica045 »

For all I know, the war is going to take place. Already, it's already happening. Given the way things are in the world, and also, the prophecies already foretold by the Bible, the war is undeniable.
Sushan Ekanayake

Jessica045 wrote: 05 Mar 2021, 12:02 For all I know, the war is going to take place. Already, it's already happening. Given the way things are in the world, and also, the prophecies already foretold by the Bible, the war is undeniable.
Well. There is a war going on for several years now. And it is actually a never ending one. But other than the attacks happening here and there, we don't see a real war there. That is because the socio-political status and the various treaties and international organizations are preventing any occurrence of a full scale war.

Considering all of that, do you believe that a full scale war will occur just because it has been predicted in the bible?
rondanoh1
Favorite Book: 101 Dalmations
Currently Reading: Devil Among Us
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rondanoh1.html
Latest Review: Daniel and Revelation for Today by Mae Abdul-Karim Wertz
Reading Device: B07K1RZWMC

Post by rondanoh1 »

There will be a war with Israel in the future; we see that in the Bible and is pointed to by the author. I believe this war will include much of the Middle East since there has been conflict between Israel and the Middle Eastern people for centuries. This started with Ishmael and Isaac, then Esau and Jacob. God told each of these patriarchs, and their brothers there would be a conflict between them and their ancestors. This is still playing out today. Whether larger countries enter this war on either side is harder to decipher, but it is probable.
Sushan Ekanayake

rondanoh1 wrote: 05 Mar 2021, 16:01 There will be a war with Israel in the future; we see that in the Bible and is pointed to by the author. I believe this war will include much of the Middle East since there has been conflict between Israel and the Middle Eastern people for centuries. This started with Ishmael and Isaac, then Esau and Jacob. God told each of these patriarchs, and their brothers there would be a conflict between them and their ancestors. This is still playing out today. Whether larger countries enter this war on either side is harder to decipher, but it is probable.
The non-ending battles in the Middle East are merely due to their socio-political issues as well as religious issues. Seemingly the religions, which should have caused spiritual development of people, have become a cause of war in this region.

Well, let's say that God predicted this war and warned about it to those Israelis ancestors. Then why God did nothing to prevent it?
63tty
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
fav_author_id: 199293

Post by 63tty »

First of all, I don't believe God is political. I don't at all agree with the author on that. Why just Israel, there are so many other nations being oppressed. But, about his prediction, I could only wish I were to live at that time. If his findings drive that, I can't dispute it, but I will know when the "true" end times reach.
“If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
~Lily Tomlin
Sushan Ekanayake

63tty wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 01:43 First of all, I don't believe God is political. I don't at all agree with the author on that. Why just Israel, there are so many other nations being oppressed. But, about his prediction, I could only wish I were to live at that time. If his findings drive that, I can't dispute it, but I will know when the "true" end times reach.
I agree. Israel is not the only country that might face a war. But when we consider the ancient biblical and other Christian stories, Israel is the promised are by God for His people. So, this author claims that God's divine plan is to be happened there. And the serpent's job or will or whatever it is to stop that. And that is the explanation that this author gives for his prediction.

Anyway, a war is possible for any socio-political or geographical reason. But I don't think this spiritual war concept is anywhere near the truth
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

Israel, one way or the other, always seems to be involved in conflicts, disputes and tension between the western and Arabic world. Therefore, I think it's likely for Israel to be involved in a future war. Whether this will be in 2133 or earlier is impossible to know. Time will tell.
Sushan Ekanayake

Yvonne Monique wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 11:51 Israel, one way or the other, always seems to be involved in conflicts, disputes and tension between the western and Arabic world. Therefore, I think it's likely for Israel to be involved in a future war. Whether this will be in 2133 or earlier is impossible to know. Time will tell.
Israel is in constant war because of the socio-political and geographical reasons that are of concern of the country. And also it is a part of the various misunderstandings and conflicts between America and Middle East. So they become a ground for conflicts frequently.

Yet, what this author is suggesting, that Israel may face war because of the God's divine plan (some are for it and some against) seems some unrealistic assumption, and because the wars always happen, anyone can attribute them to anything, like this author has done
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

The war against Israel may happen in the future, but I do not agree with the author on the year that it will happen. I think only God knows when and how things will evolve, and we cannot understand God's plans by using logic and historical analysis, but only through His Spirit.

Return to “Discuss "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon”