The author predicts a war against Israel in the near future. What do you think about that?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2021 Book of the month, "The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: LaBlance Fish Tales Two by Peter F LaBlance
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Re: The author predicts a war against Israel in the near future. What do you think about that?

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Nickolas Farmakis wrote: 08 Mar 2021, 01:43 The war against Israel may happen in the future, but I do not agree with the author on the year that it will happen. I think only God knows when and how things will evolve, and we cannot understand God's plans by using logic and historical analysis, but only through His Spirit.
Maybe you have a point. That is why God is called God and only God knows His plans. So we cannot possibly predict His divine plan.

But to predict a war, I think we can use socio-political data which is available. We might not be able to predict it correctly, but assumptions can be made. But who can make assumptions about a God's divine plans?
Carina Jordaan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carina-jordaan.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Carina Jordaan »

I think that some of the references to Israel is not in a geographical sense, but a reference to the people. Currently the world is already at War against Christianity in certain countries. Although I definitely think that war in Israel itself is inevitable as the countries close by is already at war.
ciecheesemeister
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: Homer, A Constant Companion.
Bookshelf Size: 724
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
fav_author_id: 165843

Post by ciecheesemeister »

The animosity between Israel and its neighbors leads me to believe that there will be continuing conflict in the area, but I think it will be similar to the conflict that has been going on in Ireland for centuries. It is a difficult situation and I am not sure how it can be resolved.
Timothy Rucinski
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: Good Omens
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 22%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

It's highly likely that there will be war in the Middle East, perhaps directed at Israel. But not because of Biblical prophesies. It's true that the population of Israel has expanded and that the scientific community is far advanced. The Israeli masterful wrangling of Covid-19, while the rest of the world struggled, is a good example of its scientific strengths. The author's depiction of a potential war was fun but unrealistic. Set in the next century, it relied heavily on current assumptions with respect to Internet usage and ground war, when most military experts will admit that drone attacks and cyber warfare will be much more realistic. The author, in his war fiction, did not include any allies fighting with the Israelies other than border countries, without a thought given to Europe, Asia, the US, or countries on the Arabian peninsula. I believe that some sort of war is very possible, particularly if tensions between Israel and Iran continue to expand, but not because of writings in the Bible. Though, I hope and pray that I am wrong.
Sushan Ekanayake

Krienkie wrote: 08 Mar 2021, 12:02 I think that some of the references to Israel is not in a geographical sense, but a reference to the people. Currently the world is already at War against Christianity in certain countries. Although I definitely think that war in Israel itself is inevitable as the countries close by is already at war.
There have been incidences that occurred against Christians. These are mainly done by the extremist Muslims. But that does not imply that world is in a war against Christianity. And also, more than what has happened in Israel, such events happened in other Western countries where apparently God had no concern about when he promised a land for His people. So, I don't see any connection between such incidences and this predicted war against Israel
ReaderAisha2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readeraisha2020.html
Latest Review: Your Adventurous Life Awaits by Maryann Remsberg and Brian Remsberg

Post by ReaderAisha2020 »

It's entirely possible, bit of course all future things will become clear when they happen. Islamic sources similarly predict something similar
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Beatus »

I see that people commenting have a WW1 and WW2 kinds of war in their minds. However, who is to say that the world is not at war with the C-19 virus rampaging the world? Also, there are kinds of wars that many of us may not know that we are even a part of. Cyberwars and spiritual and mental wars. This great war may as well be underway.
Sushan Ekanayake

ciecheesemeister wrote: 08 Mar 2021, 16:32 The animosity between Israel and its neighbors leads me to believe that there will be continuing conflict in the area, but I think it will be similar to the conflict that has been going on in Ireland for centuries. It is a difficult situation and I am not sure how it can be resolved.
It is totally a political gambit. And we see that political gambits never end, because the greed of powerful countries never end. Israel was the way that America used to intervene into the Middle East. So they supported the country and still doing so, despite the rest of the Muslim world being against it. Though a religious and racial front is shown to the world, there is a purely political agenda behind that. This author has included a God's divine plan into this business via his book
Sushan Ekanayake

Mstrtim wrote: 08 Mar 2021, 16:59 It's highly likely that there will be war in the Middle East, perhaps directed at Israel. But not because of Biblical prophesies. It's true that the population of Israel has expanded and that the scientific community is far advanced. The Israeli masterful wrangling of Covid-19, while the rest of the world struggled, is a good example of its scientific strengths. The author's depiction of a potential war was fun but unrealistic. Set in the next century, it relied heavily on current assumptions with respect to Internet usage and ground war, when most military experts will admit that drone attacks and cyber warfare will be much more realistic. The author, in his war fiction, did not include any allies fighting with the Israelies other than border countries, without a thought given to Europe, Asia, the US, or countries on the Arabian peninsula. I believe that some sort of war is very possible, particularly if tensions between Israel and Iran continue to expand, but not because of writings in the Bible. Though, I hope and pray that I am wrong.
You have mentioned very good points. Actually the wars are now, day by day, including more technology and less men. So this fiction is unrealistic even as a fiction because the author has not considered the possible sscientific advancements in hundred more years. And also it is unlikely for the neighbour countries and the allies of Israel to remain quite. The author has tried to make this thing more godly, highlighting Israel with a more divine power with its promised Messiah, but the things in this world no more happen that way. So this is only a fiction, which is impractical as well
Sushan Ekanayake

ReaderAisha2020 wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 12:39 It's entirely possible, bit of course all future things will become clear when they happen. Islamic sources similarly predict something similar
People are greed. So they want to grab things. When someone is having a thing of interest to someone else, the other will try to get it by force. This is how simply wars are started, and it had been happening all over the world for past thousands of years. Religiond have been a major cause for such wars because many wanted to grab people for their religions and expand them. With the distribution of the religions in the world, we see how people have used war for religious matters. So I don't see predicting a war based on religious matters is a marvellous thing, but to believe a war will occur just because of a prophecy is quite unrealistic
Heidadela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidadela.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Heidadela »

The war predicted on God's people, whom the bible calls Israel, will be a spiritual war not a physical one. I agree that Jews are people blessed by God, many think tanks in the world are Jews. However, the traditional Jews rejected Jesus as the Messiah and are still waiting for a messiah to come. In 34AD, their chapter was closed as God's people and heavenly blessings were transferred on whoever will accept God and, rightfully, all parts of the Holy Trinity.
Therefore, I do not believe the war will be about Jews, it will be about the true people of God, who accept Him and Jesus. The leader who will arise amidst the chaos will be Jesus Himself, whom the Jews have rejected despite performing all rituals that point to Him, including Sabbath keeping.
Noriel DM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noriel-dm.html
Latest Review: Customer Service Is DEAD by Mitche Graf

Post by Noriel DM »

Well about the prediction, that it is supposed to happen in the future which is not so far, I can say that it is somehow true. But about the exact time, we cannot assure that.
We are all unique in our own ways :D
Noriel DM
Currently Reading:

Post by Noriel DM »

Sushan wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 22:35 The author describes how the world is going into chaos along with all the environmental pollution and global warming. At the same time, with the immigration of many Jews to Israel due to various historical reasons since the 1990s, their population as well as scientific advancement has achieved quite a high state, because there was a knowledge influx along with the influx of many people. With that, the author predicts that other powerful nations grow jealous of Israel and try to grab their technology and knowledge by capturing the country with a military move. But Israel will win this under a command of a great military leader and then some other spiritual leader will rise and lead the nation.

As per the author, he has predicted this according to the God's words regarding the 'end times', and also he suggests a time that this will happen, in the year 2133. What do you think about this prediction, considering that it is supposed to happen in the future which is not so far? How much chance is there for this to be true? Is it really backed either by biblical teachings or current political state of the world?
Yes, the end times are really backed up by biblical teachings, but not the exact time and date. So, we are still not sure if it will happen in 2133.
Noriel DM
Currently Reading:

Post by Noriel DM »

Sushan wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 07:14
VernaVi wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 01:57
Sushan wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 00:30

I have to agree with you for a certain extent. It is true that the pattern of biblical history being repeated is applicable here and also the world is in a war-like situation. But there are ways and means that were created soon after the second world war to prevent another world-scale war, and seemingly they have been successful for more than half a decade. So with such political measures, is it possible for such a large scale war to occur? I don't think so
I would hope against another world war. However, the prophecies regarding war on Israel seem clear and undeniable. And a world scale at that point would be unavoidable because of the current political climate.
Still it is a speculation based on the biblical prophecies. What I see in these religious prophecies is that someone interprets the things already happened are foretold in these prophecies, but because they were told in different words ordinary people could not understand it before. And for the ones regarding the future they give similar interpretations as well. If those things does not occur as predicted, then they have various reasons for that too.

That is why I believe more in speculations that are based on more logical subjects such as politand international relationships, rather than prophecies.
But there is also a biblical prophecy states that what happened in the past will occur again, as the saying goes, history repeats itself. But don't get me wrong, I respect if that is what you believe :)
Chizioboli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chizioboli.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Chizioboli »

Having analysed the things Israel had been going through as aired on the media, I would say this is possible. Also, with the issues Israel had been on and off with regarding their lands which Donald Trumo did help with during his tenure, I can say that there is a wry brewing strongly against Israel. All it needs to get into motion is the wrong American president giving go ahead to any of Israel's rival country like Iraq.
Again, as a Christian and lover of religion, this has been clearly stated in the Bible severally. One of such instances is a portion of the Bible that talks about demons attacking a woman whose crown has a star. From interpretation, Israel's flag, which is their crown, has a star. The exact number of years that same Bible passage stated rhymes with the year 2133. There is no doubt that a way will break out in Israel. Afterall, Israel is the birth place of the Messaih.

Return to “Discuss "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon”