Presentation of different timelines compared to biblical prophecy...

Use this forum to discuss the March 2021 Book of the month, "The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon
Verna Coy
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verna-coy.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Presentation of different timelines compared to biblical prophecy...

Post by Verna Coy »

Does the presentation of different timelines compared to biblical prophecy help you understand better the concept of how, when, and why events happen? When we read Isaiah and Ezekiel, we read prophecies that can project into our own time, while seeing how some prophecies have already been fulfilled. Do you feel that science proving out the bible strengthens your faith for future events? Does this book bridge the gap between creationists and science?
charlenecraig
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crcraig.html
Latest Review: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra by A Ali Hasan Ali

Post by charlenecraig »

I think the book does a great job of connecting the Bible with science. Seeing the scientific evidence laid out so well does strengthen my belief that the Bible predicts future events. The Bible also says that we will not know the exact date or coming of Christ but it also lays out the events proceeding His coming. If you read this book with a very open mind, I think ideas presented are very valid.
Goral
Currently Reading: A Brief History of Time
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goral.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Goral »

Yes, science proving the bible's prophecies does strengthen my faith that the future events would be as predicted. Though I also believe that the future is influenced by many other factors, such as what we do in the present. So probably we cannot entirely rely on either science or bible to predict the future.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy books, and that's kind of the same thing
Unique Ego
Favorite Book: The Tales of Little Lady M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-ego.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Unique Ego »

VernaVi wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 23:35 Does the presentation of different timelines compared to biblical prophecy help you understand better the concept of how, when, and why events happen? When we read Isaiah and Ezekiel, we read prophecies that can project into our own time, while seeing how some prophecies have already been fulfilled. Do you feel that science proving out the bible strengthens your faith for future events? Does this book bridge the gap between creationists and science?
I don't know if I agree with everything this author claims in his book, but I can see how a good chunk of it is pointing in the right direction. There are biblical prophecies that have come to pass and some that are yet to, and yes, science helping to cement this assertion does help my faith, especially in a world where people think that science somehow contradicts scripture.
Verna Coy
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verna-coy.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Post by Verna Coy »

Unique Ego wrote: 04 Mar 2021, 02:02
VernaVi wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 23:35 Does the presentation of different timelines compared to biblical prophecy help you understand better the concept of how, when, and why events happen? When we read Isaiah and Ezekiel, we read prophecies that can project into our own time, while seeing how some prophecies have already been fulfilled. Do you feel that science proving out the bible strengthens your faith for future events? Does this book bridge the gap between creationists and science?
I don't know if I agree with everything this author claims in his book, but I can see how a good chunk of it is pointing in the right direction. There are biblical prophecies that have come to pass and some that are yet to, and yes, science helping to cement this assertion does help my faith, especially in a world where people think that science somehow contradicts scripture.
I agree. There is much yet in the future that we can look forward to seeing, and it will be interesting to watch and see if science continues to prove biblical prophecies, events, and facts.
Fozia RYK
Currently Reading: Scalpels Out
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Fozia RYK »

I can perceive how a decent piece of it is pointing the correct way. There are scriptural predictions that have happened and some that are yet to, and indeed, science assisting with solidifying this affirmation helps my confidence, particularly in reality as we know it where individuals feel that science by one way or another negates sacred text.
Nferdi20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nferdi20.html
Latest Review: When No One Else Believed by Ron Tripodo

Post by Nferdi20 »

I believe the timeline between science and the bible is more accurate than we realized. Reading the book reaffirmed my belief in God and how close to the end of time we actually are. Yes, the book bridges the gap between creationism and science more than most people expected or realized—a great read for believers and non-believers.
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

I think this book might help some people to bridge their beliefs in Creationism and science. I am not a huge science person, so some of this goes over my head. I am doing a series at my church that goes along with this concept, and I think it does a better job of explaining how science and the Bible are compatible, but even some of that goes over my head, LOL.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
63tty
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
fav_author_id: 199293

Post by 63tty »

One of the things I love most about this book is the merging of science and religion. I believe in both, that is why I agree with the author completely on that. It unites us all.
“If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
~Lily Tomlin
Iva Stoyanova
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iva-stoyanova.html
Latest Review: Tau Ceti: A Ship from Earth by George T. Hahn
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Iva Stoyanova »

The future is defined and shaped by many factors, yet the book brings together science and religion in a way that seems reasonable.
"You can be more aware and more present simply by resting in the present moment, open to all that is, without trying to control it or grasp it with the mind. Truly, a marvelous way of being!"

Richard L. Haight
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

Those timelines were helpful for me, as well as interesting. How believable they are is another question. I did like that the author attempts to bridge the gap, sometimes I thought like he was tried too hard to convince me as opposed to just having a discussion. It didn't really strengthen my belief in the Bible only because I think that both science and religion can both get things wrong.
Heidadela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidadela.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Heidadela »

Everything Science comes up with has already been. Science is only there to enlighten the world on what already exists that we do not know through the 'invention' claim. Science will tell us of an event in the future, but the Bible has already predicted it. Which means that God does indeed exist, which Science disapproves.
The fact that Science proves the Bible about the future events strengthens my faith in the Bible. However, I see Science as just a 'stepping stone' to understand what already exists or is predicted but I do not see any bridge between Science and Creationism.
GoodLuck ES
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodluck-es.html
Latest Review: Always Before Me by John Servant

Post by GoodLuck ES »

Science does not need to prove out the Bible for my faith for future events to be strengthened. The word of God comes to manifestation in the lives of people on a daily basis, and that in itself is enough proof to strengthen my faith.

The book really did a great job at bridging the gap between creationist and science.
Chizioboli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chizioboli.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Chizioboli »

The side to side analysis of the timelines and biblical prophecies is a sure way to affirm how things happened, will happen it are happening. There is a verse in the Bible,in Isaiah I think, that states that when the works is coming to an end, travel would be fast. Not only have we moved from buses, ships and airplanes, we are getting to using rockets to go across states and countries mll. You can see how many companies are interesting on achieving that. When science proves the words of the prophets in the Bible right, it sure reassures my faith and belief that yes, my religion as a Christian is worth believing and thriving in.
rondanoh1
Favorite Book: 101 Dalmations
Currently Reading: Devil Among Us
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rondanoh1.html
Latest Review: Daniel and Revelation for Today by Mae Abdul-Karim Wertz
Reading Device: B07K1RZWMC

Post by rondanoh1 »

This book did a great job of balancing creation and science, and the prophecy timelines helped me understand better. As we look at what science and archeology are finding, we can see some biblical ideas being proven. However, I don't need scientific proof to strengthen my faith in the Bible. I look around me at what is happening in the world today, and I can see that prophecies are coming true. I look at prophecy as a point of view of looking at a mountain range. Some things may have already happened, so they are behind me. Some are yet to come, so they are ahead of me. Some are happening now, so they are where I'm standing. I can also see where some prophecies may have multiple outcomes. Something that has already been fulfilled in one way may have a second event yet to come.

Return to “Discuss "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon”