Presentation of different timelines compared to biblical prophecy...

Use this forum to discuss the March 2021 Book of the month, "The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon
Ochieng Omuodo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Intrepid Brotherhood
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ochieng-omuodo.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Re: Presentation of different timelines compared to biblical prophecy...

Post by Ochieng Omuodo »

The book seems plausible for me on how and why many events/things happen, bit definitely not on when. If anything, it shows that time is measured differently over different eras.
Juliet+1
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Elephants of Style
Currently Reading: A New American Evolution
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-1.html
Latest Review: Your Smart Home Voyage by Gary Rockis

Post by Juliet+1 »

I have never thought that science and the Bible were in conflict. The author of this book is simply reinforcing what many others have said. Science is a way of exploring the world to try to understand it, and the Bible provides an understanding of the world from a different point of view.
Deval Sodha
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 372
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deval-sodha.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Post by Deval Sodha »

Indeed yes.
The author has described the timeliness sk minutely which all the important details in a tabular format too.
This gives complete clarity of different timelines as compared to biblical prophecy. This explains you the concept of how, when, and why events happened.
Myladysarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-myladysarah.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Post by Myladysarah »

I think the book would bridge the gap for the creationist, not the atheist. Even seeing the prophecies come true, an atheist may conjecture that the prophecies were vague, this easily being fulfilled. Personally, I believe in creationism. I think the prophecies helped deepen my connection with science and the Bible.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

According to me, the book failed to bridge the gap between the two. To me it came across as both authors trying to prove to science how right religious scriptures were, instead of reconciling the two.
zulfiyya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zulfiyya.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by zulfiyya »

I think that this book has the potential to bringing comfort to people who are religious and scientifically minded because it can allow them to consider them both as their reality.
Eddy E
Currently Reading: In the Meantime
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddy-e.html
Latest Review: Sena's Black Ross by Linda k jones

Post by Eddy E »

personally, whether or not science proves biblical theology my faith still stands. I say this because biblical prophecies seem to play out every day, past, present and future. Nonetheless, not to discard science, it is much more of corroboration of biblical facts that make the very belief substantive.
Lucille27
Favorite Book: The Haunting of the Hill House
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucille27.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Lucille27 »

I consider this to be one approach for reconciling both things: science and religion. I think it is one that has been used by many and helps to understand and structure the different theories and information. This comparative technique helps a lot for argumentation and presenting information. I think the author did a great job with his research and he presents the information in a respectful way, so it is the reader's choice to see if they believe it or not.
jaym_tan
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaym-tan.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by jaym_tan »

These events are just coincidences and it just so happens that some of them are similar to the biblical prophecies described. I have yet to see any actual prophecies that came true, maybe as time passed and science advances we will find out.
readsbyarun
Favorite Book: Wilderness Cry
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readsbyarun.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by readsbyarun »

The facts presented by the author may help the science to prove and also it will serve as a bridge the gap between the science and the faith.
MarcellaM
Currently Reading: Grey heart
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-a.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by MarcellaM »

I really appreciate the author trying to link science and biblical prophecies, this rarely happens. It really strengthens my faith in the bible knowing that prophecies do come true, even after such a long period.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

Juliet+1 wrote: 13 Mar 2021, 00:47 I have never thought that science and the Bible were in conflict. The author of this book is simply reinforcing what many others have said. Science is a way of exploring the world to try to understand it, and the Bible provides an understanding of the world from a different point of view.
That makes me think of a science teacher I know. He asks his class, How was the world created? When students say 'by God'. He says not who created it, but how. He believes God used the tool of evolution to create man and animals.
S P
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-p.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by S P »

I think that the "fulfillment of prophecies" concept is very subjective. If I prophesied today that "in the future, a war will occur", then at some point my prophecy would be fulfilled. My point is, that people with faith will find modern meaning in prophecies from the past, and people without will continue to doubt them. I'm not sure it completely unites science and religion, for that reason - religion continues to be subjective, whereas science is objective.
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

Indeed the Bible predicts most current happenings as future prophecies and it greatly serves to strengthen our faith in even more happenings as predicted in the Bible. However I do not agree that this book has bridged the gap between creationists and science and I doubt any book can because certain contradictions just exist that I don't think can be effectively reconciled.
Tomes 2 Read
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomes-2-read.html
Latest Review: Rough Way to the High Way by Kelly Mack McCoy

Post by Tomes 2 Read »

I think it gives more enlightenment to historical events than future events. For example, the proposed timeline between Adam's and Eve's creation, fall, and expulsion from the Garden of Eden (hours instead of days) is something I've never heard before and want to research further before I have a definite opinion. And while I appreciated the calculations for the End of Days , I was also reminded of Matthew 24:36, "But about that day or hour (the sign of Jesus's coming and the end of the age) no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father...", so I approach this aspect with a bit more skepticism.
I'm interested to know your thoughts about these (or other) timelines.

Return to “Discuss "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon”