Has the God deceived us?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2021 Book of the month, "The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon
Cwaganagwa Dorothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwaganagwa-dorothy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Re: Has the God deceived us?

Post by Cwaganagwa Dorothy »

Oh dear, God has not deceived, each sees things in their own way accordingly to the life lived. I also ask my mother sometimes if there is a possibility that a day in heaven being equivalent to a week, month, et cetera, don't the true length, on earth. This is because when it isMonday in Russia, it is Sunday in the US. Saudi Arabia is where the Qabar is, yet some don't wany any relation with it. Not everyone loves it. Have you not wondered why there are Christians, Moslems and other religions, lets say pagan believes and there isn't one taken for granted. If you get fed up of unrealistic beings, don't you think the same applies with the Most High. Are you made from his image? Deceiving or insufficient faith. I say insufficient faith. Look into yourself and ask you, Have I believed and prayed enough? You won't fail to find an answer.
Nferdi20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nferdi20.html
Latest Review: When No One Else Believed by Ron Tripodo

Post by Nferdi20 »

I think that scientists have gone as far as they can go at this time. The gap between what God knows and what man yet does not know about the creation of the earth and the time before the big bang has not been discovered by man. What is left to be discovered by scientists may or may not happen in the future.
Fabulous mind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabulous-mind.html
Latest Review: The Last Panda by L.Z. smith

Post by Fabulous mind »

Frankly, I find the concept of the question "Has God deceived us?" disturbing, but I think this is a lie. I don't know the whole truth about creation, and imposing what I think might be true also seems disturbing to me. However, I think God did not deceive us.
Miraphery
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miraphery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Miraphery »

Why would God deceive us? This is a speculation and wouldn't hold true until proven. The earth is as old as it is, even science has confirmed that.
Mwatu
Currently Reading: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwatu.html
Latest Review: Protectors of the Black Prince by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Mwatu »

I would like to believe that God has better use of his time than try to make the world look older than it is. I do think the lack of absolute truth would be an opportunity for him to deceive us, but the idea of making the world look older than it is so that science can be wrong doesn't seem plausible. I believe God would want science to prove him rather than it be wrong.
Hiru1998+
Currently Reading: The Hate U Give
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiru1998.html
Latest Review: Like My Mother Before Me by Naley Gonzalez

Post by Hiru1998+ »

I hope none of you guys get offended. I merely state what my religion teaches us. My religious leader is Lord Buddha. And what he has taught is to stop searching about the worlds beginning or the end etc. Because those won't help us to improve our spiritual well-being.
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-c-n.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by Goodness C N »

What I do think is that God is the creator of all universe and there is no room for him to decide us as the author claimed. Scientific theories and worth not are things we come across just by mere existence and by having a thinking faculty.
Elendu Clement
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-clement.html
Latest Review: The Wanting Hearts by Nicole Jordan

Post by Elendu Clement »

The scientists looked at the whole issue logically. The things of the spirit are seen with faith. Before the coming of science, there was God. So it would be wrong to disregard God because of science.
S P
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-p.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by S P »

The author definitely has an interesting take on creation, but I disagree with it. It's so difficult to have this discussion though, because science and religion speak in different forms of language. Religious theories are far less evidence-based and rely on faith and belief more than evidence. Science relies on evidence, constant adaptation and criticism. I'm not sure that any one person can accurately answer this question, because the answer itself is so subjective to which of these languages you prefer to speak in.
Personally I would take the hundreds of years worth of scientific evidence to be true, but if God ever offers me evidence to the contrary, then I'd be willing to change my mind!
Nichole Kurns
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Still Life
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nichole-kurns.html
Latest Review: Intricate Mandalas with Inspirational Quotes: by Big Initial Studios

Post by Nichole Kurns »

I do not think this is true. God has no reason to deceive us. I think you cannot put everything God has done and will do into a scientific timeline. I believe that we may not really know the true age of the world(universe) and have accepted somethings are not for my understanding.
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

I will not agree that God has deceived us, it is just the level of human understanding about God that would determine our judgment about his plan and his creation. Therefore, I'll say that Friedman is another human like others who love to explore God's way of controlling his creatures, which is through nature. Neither science is wrong as well. We can say this true because their discoveries about the earth are used to produce technologies and scientific methods of solving human daily need. So, science discoveries are proven from what do come out of it—in medicine, transportation etc
Signature of Grace.
Sekhmet September
Favorite Author: Tanith Lee
Currently Reading: Stranded In The Wild
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sekhmet-september.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
fav_author_id: 10199

Post by Sekhmet September »

No. God has not deceived us. The simplest explanation is a lack of comprehension on our part. Sometimes science needs revision, and there are very few hard laws that we fully understand. The same is sometimes true of our understanding of scripture as well.

This subject is and likely will remain incredibly debatable - yet the debate itself is reflective of the ongoing relationship between humans and God.
Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.
Hebrews 11 1 NIV
Trinity Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 501
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trinity-green.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Trinity Green »

As someone who has a complete belief in science, and the scientific theory of how the Earth was created, I believe that the author is mistaken in his explanation. Of the theological studies I've done, I find it hard to see why the Christian God would deceive people in such a way. Furthermore, the scientific evidence of the age of the world is expansive.
GreatReviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greatreviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by GreatReviews »

God has not deceived man. Though, the bible is not in depth about the origin of the Earth. This is because bible won't explain some fact thoroughly, as the bible intentions and purpose is not just to explain something like this. Even I learned that some facts are purposely removed from the bible, this is to bible as a pure book solely for its assignment of developing intimacy with God. So the fact that bible explanation about the origin and age of the universe is not in depth should not be maneuvered as God has deceived us.
Cynthia Olyy
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-olyy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cynthia Olyy »

God is not an author of confusion—I choose to believe that about him. Therefore, for me, the Bible remains the only standard. Anything that I do not clearly understand receives help from the helper, the Holy Spirit. God has not deceived us. He remains perfect.

Return to “Discuss "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon”