Has the God deceived us?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2021 Book of the month, "The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon
lightsammy
Currently Reading: And Throw Away The Skins
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lightsammy.html
Latest Review: The Bronze Bear by Jerry A. Greenberg

Re: Has the God deceived us?

Post by lightsammy »

I would agree to it if you say God created the universe, the Earth and stars but left out some details in the historical documentation probably as a puzzle to be discovered by the scientists. God has not deceived us in anyway but igniting our ability to seeking answers.
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Sandeep Moses »

God's quality does not have deceiving. Deceiving is not in God's dictionary. If you go through the entire Bible, there was never a time when God deceived mankind. It was Satan who deceived starting from Eve.
Gideon Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideon-olomofe.html
Latest Review: An autopsy with a smile by Snejana Danwell

Post by Gideon Olomofe »

I would say God has not deceived man. God also is a science. And he gives knowledge of science to whom he wills. Science is trying to discover what God has put in place, and yet no absolute truth is found yet. We should believe that.
Kayla Archer
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-archer.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Kayla Archer »

I do not agree with the thousand years for days theory. For starters, God is a God of truth, not deception. Second, with the order of creation, plants were created BEFORE the sun, moon, and stars, so how could those plants survive without the sun all those years?
Simmons32
Currently Reading: Cengage Advantage Books
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simmons32.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Simmons32 »

This was one of the things I did not agree with at all in this book. I believe that the days were
average days. When the Bible mentions a day being like a thousand years in God’s eyes, it is referring to heaven. I do not believe God is deceptive. That would imply that god lies, and he does not.
Donald Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-trust.html
Latest Review: Rosa by Barbara de la Cuesta

Post by Donald Trust »

Funny question. The truth is God cannot and will not deceive us. God only us the information that is deemed necessary. The mystery about God can make one go in Sane, so he left us with only what we can comprehend.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

I do not see why God would want to deceive mankind. I think he made the earth in the timeline he specified. Science is prone to errors. Even though I got a lot of insight from this book, I disagree with this statement.
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Olomofe »

I wouldn't say God has deceived us. The science proved the age of the earth and they carry out numbers If carbon dating which are proven true to get the age of matters. And if thing is really old how can we fake it to look new? or if a thing is new, how can we fakee it to look old? If scientific evidence are proven and are effective to make decision on, it means God himself never deceive man.
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html

Post by Olomofe »

I wouldn't say God has deceived us. The science proved the age of the earth and they carry out numbers If carbon dating which are proven true to get the age of matters. And if thing is really old how can we fake it to look new? or if a thing is new, how can we fakee it to look old? If scientific evidence are proven and are effective to make decision on, it means God himself never deceive man.
Ateshi John
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ateshi-john.html
Latest Review: The Unlikely Cowboy by James E. Doucette

Post by Ateshi John »

Before we ask questions like has God deceived us?
There are a ton of questions and reasons why he doesn't need to, because we basically have deceived ourselves.
How much history has been lost, unrecorded, died out, wiped clean, how many civilisation have crumbled to dust without records?
There always exists a possibility that ancient civilastions were far more advanced than we are now. And if that's so as historical records point to, then it goes to show that we humans are good at discarding knowledge and throwing things away. Hence even if God wanted to pull a fast one on us, they'd be no need to, as we've done so to ourselves already!
kensgarment odogwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kensgarment-odogwu.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by kensgarment odogwu »

God did not deceive us in anyway. We should be trying to find out why science is trying to confuse us or maybe trying to deceive us. Already i have read so many scientific theories of creation and i am trying to place my head on them. Personally i think science is not so stable.
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

Sushan wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 00:24 The author explains, quoting some of the historical scholars, that actually the earth is not old as the scientists claim. He suggests that the God has created it in several thousand years (a 'day' in God's creation is taken as a 'thousand years'), but has made it to look like billions of years old, with the old stones, fossils, rings on the tree trunks, etc. The author compares this with making a newly made Denim trousers to look old by fading its colour and ripping it.
God created a theoretical timeline of all of existence, starting from the Big Bang and spanning billions of years. In this theoretical timeline, stars were born and died, dinosaurs roamed the Earth, and different human-like creatures came and went. Then, at a very specific point in this timeline, God took a snapshot of the entire universe, exactly as it would look at that moment, and that’s what He created. In other words, God brought a world billions of years old into existence fewer than 6,000 years ago.
Do you think this is true? If so, has God deceived us? But why? On the other hand, has science got it all wrong despite hundreds of years of studies?
No, God didn't deceive us and all his saying is true. A day to God is different from a day to man but it also doesn't contradict science. I believe the making of everything is God's doing including science itself.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

God has not change, he remains the same for ever and ever.
Online Concept
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezel-dornelles.html

Post by Online Concept »

Firstly, this book was made on assumptions from historical existence. No man can fathom the creation of the universe, any and every attempt by man to explain the age of the universe, are merely speculations.
Jane Ogwang
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-ogwang.html
Latest Review: Dr. Marsha and the Case of the Missing Marshmallows and Hotdogs by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jane Ogwang »

I found their thinking and literal interpretation of the thousand years in the Bible quite suspect. I do not think it should be taken as literally as the authors did, because that then leaves a number of gaps and questions.

Return to “Discuss "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon”