What is the author's true intention behind this book?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2021 Book of the month, "The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon
C3cilia
Currently Reading: My "enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c3cilia.html
Latest Review: Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community by Yasher Echad El

Re: What is the author's true intention behind this book?

Post by C3cilia »

I have a strong belief that the author has no hidden agenda.He tries to bridge the gap between science and religion.
Liveforchrist51
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liveforchrist51.html
Latest Review: The Hundredth Time Around by Stacy Lee

Post by Liveforchrist51 »

I think the author just wanted people to open their minds to all possibilities whether they be science based with facts or biblically based with faith. A lot of people today just ask why people believe what they do and they never fully try to understand it. This is a good way to share that understanding.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I think his true intention was to show that the Biblical account can coincide with scientific evidence. So often people think of the Bible as made-up myths. The author shows that our current scientific understanding does not have to be seen as discounting the Bible.
smolbird
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smolbird.html
Latest Review: Pariah by Robert C. Swetz
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by smolbird »

I think the author's intentions were exactly what he said. He intended to reconcile science and scripture. However, I think his biases did play a big part in the book, and it led to a more religious-based perspective.
"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

What the author did was try to reconcile both perspectives. Religious beliefs must not necessarily be in direct conflict with scientific beliefs. They could co-exist.
GreatReviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greatreviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by GreatReviews »

I'm sure that Friedman just want to make the spiritual things logically understandable to the people of this generation whose reasoning and rationale of making decision is affected by education and their experiences. So, science actually always present physical proof right from inception. But religion has not been presenting its claim like science which made most people lackadaisical about spiritual things and religiosity. So I think this is what Friedman has came in to do with his book.
Cynthia Olyy
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-olyy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cynthia Olyy »

The author seems more glued to religion more than his claims to reconcile the Bible and science. I just do not see that coming through in this book.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

I agree with you, I believe the authors swerve more to the scientific acceptance of Biblical lessons. I think that is their intention and they achieve it. Moreso, there are many facts and lessons to learn from their point of view.
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Mys_Trea
Currently Reading: Seconds to Live
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mys-trea.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by Mys_Trea »

I couldn't discern any hidden agendas regarding the author's intention with this book. He drew fair parallels between his religious beliefs, as well as scientific facts. This was achieved, in my opinion, and I can see how the author reconciled the two, which have been constantly placed on opposite ends.
Mason Garrod
Currently Reading: Uncommon Poems Common People
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mason-garrod.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Mason Garrod »

I agree in the sense that I feel he is heavier on the religious angle, but he has still clearly dedicated an extreme amount of his life and mind to the sciences and I think both have clearly been huge pillars in his life, I definitely wouldn't say either of them had been neglected or represented as less significant
Aashu Chaudhary
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aashu-chaudhary.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Aashu Chaudhary »

I think the answer to the question can vary depending upon the knowledge of a person. If I consider the book, then yes human future can be based on scriptures prophecies. But maybe in the future reading more on this timeline idea can change a person's perception. I believe the author has just done a decent job of connecting two timelines, with no intention to hurt anyone feeling.
Paul Zietsman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-zietsman.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Post by Paul Zietsman »

There is definitely a strong bias shown towards the religious texts at hand being factual. I do wonder if the conclusions drawn from the author's research were influenced by the fact that he saw what he wanted to see. If you look hard enough for patterns, you are sure to find them...
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
Jackie Colling
Favorite Author: Mercedes Lackey
Favorite Book: The Fire Rose
Currently Reading: Nightlord: Sunset
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jackie-colling.html
Latest Review: Dreamer by Loretta Kendall
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2531

Post by Jackie Colling »

After reading "The Biblical Clock", I do see the author's stated intention pretty clearly through the book. Also, he stated his religious background as Jewish and his science credentials for comparing the two are clearly stated in the beginning. Thus, he rightly sets forth his personal conclusions for reconciling science and religion. His book is based on facts that can be looked up, except for chapter 10 which is clearly stated as fiction.
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

I feel that the author's intention was to try to bridge the gap between the conflicts that have been for decades. Whether the author is successful or not depends entirely on the readers.
Gideon Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideon-olomofe.html
Latest Review: An autopsy with a smile by Snejana Danwell

Post by Gideon Olomofe »

we have to know the author is only trying to make people see where religion's of the universe can be scientifically proven. And any other thing that you think the author didn't add, is just that it is not within the scope I the book.

Return to “Discuss "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon”