What is the author's true intention behind this book?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2021 Book of the month, "The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

What is the author's true intention behind this book?

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

This book demonstrates the resolution between science and scripture with respect to the timing of the formation of the universe and the appearance of life on Earth. Once reconciliation has been reached, the book shows an approach to understanding our future advance toward the End of Days.
As per the author, his intention behind writing this book is to form a reconciliation between biblical and scientific time lines related to formation of the universe and beginning of the life on earth, and after that, to predict how the End of Days will be and to prepare humankind for it.

But what I see here is that the author's predictions are solely based on the religious prophecies regarding the End of Days. He applies these prophecies to a practical world without considering other important political and social facts, that impacts a lot more on the world's future than these prophecies. In that case, I see his attempt, if it is really to prepare people to the End, as a less useful one.

So, I believe that, whatever the author has said, his true intention has been to prove that the bible and other religious scriptures are scientifically true and acceptable. Do you agree with me? Or do you think that the author has revealed his(their) true intentions? If so, is it a practical approach to predict the future solely on religious prophecies?
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

I understand your point of view, as the author seems more inclined to the religion. However, maybe he just wants scientist to have a wider perspective and religious people to embrace the scientifically point of view. I don't have he has a hidden agenda, or at least not an obscure one. Whatever his true intentions are, I think that it is very hard to change someone's perspectives, especially regarding religion or science.
Sushan Ekanayake
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now

raluca_mihaila wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 16:13 I understand your point of view, as the author seems more inclined to the religion. However, maybe he just wants scientist to have a wider perspective and religious people to embrace the scientifically point of view. I don't have he has a hidden agenda, or at least not an obscure one. Whatever his true intentions are, I think that it is very hard to change someone's perspectives, especially regarding religion or science.
I agree. A person or a book can affect a person's mind to a certain extent, but completely changing anyone's strong beliefs is an almost impossible thing. The author has his (their) biases, as it is mentioned at the very beginning of the book, and with that he has tried to defend the biblical teachings about 'the Beginning', which are challenged by some scientific evidence. Maybe he is not having any hidden agenda. But he has something in his mind more than preparing people to the 'End Times'.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

Perhaps the author has no hidden agenda, and the point of writing this book is to bridge the gap between religion and science. Some so many people turn a blind eye to science and embrace religion. Conversely, there are people whose sole belief system is fact-based, and maybe the author wants readers to open their minds to the possibility of both.
Sushan Ekanayake

Stephanie Elizabeth wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 10:27 Perhaps the author has no hidden agenda, and the point of writing this book is to bridge the gap between religion and science. Some so many people turn a blind eye to science and embrace religion. Conversely, there are people whose sole belief system is fact-based, and maybe the author wants readers to open their minds to the possibility of both.
Maybe you are correct. But in first place, what was the need for such a bridge? Religion has a different purpose and science has its own purpose. Has ever any scientist tried to back scientific stuff with religious scripture?

What I see is that the author has tried to back his religious beliefs by scientific evidence and give credibility to his beliefs, which in turn actually serves no real purpose for my understanding. So, whatever the author has said regarding writing this book, I see that his sole purpose has been to prove that the concept of The Creation is true
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Post by Praise GodWord »

The author achieved that aim alongside other aims. Basically, I feel the author has his opinions in support of the Bible and that his intention was laid bare as he demonstrated the Bible-science relationship.
friedmanndaniel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by friedmanndaniel »

The question I asked myself was: Given that the Bible claims there is a plan for human history, can we see the plan now that so much history has elapsed? And if we can can we extrapolate it forward?
My intention behind the book was to try to present facts and let you decide. In terms of the End of Days the approach is to put down actual historical events that have happened on the timeline they happened. Then go to Biblical sources to extract the Bibles "plan" for history and compare it with the actual events. Once the match is obvious (for you to decide if it is) extrapolate to the future and compare with the prophecies. Then you as the reader can see if you agree they match. I have used biblical sources like Isaiah accepted by Christianity and Judaism, but when I needed more explanation i went to Jewish commentaries- because its taken me a lifetime to learn some of those.
Sushan Ekanayake

Reviewer100 wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 17:47 The author achieved that aim alongside other aims. Basically, I feel the author has his opinions in support of the Bible and that his intention was laid bare as he demonstrated the Bible-science relationship.
I agree with you. Maybe the author did not intend to use this book to make the bible scientifically legit. But in the path or the process of reaching his expected goal of having a reconciliation between science and religion, what he has done is more or less scientifically proving the biblical teachings.

Ultimately, it is religions that expect this reconciliation, because science has no need to go hand in hand or to be proven correct by religions
Sushan Ekanayake

friedmanndaniel wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 20:40 The question I asked myself was: Given that the Bible claims there is a plan for human history, can we see the plan now that so much history has elapsed? And if we can can we extrapolate it forward?
My intention behind the book was to try to present facts and let you decide. In terms of the End of Days the approach is to put down actual historical events that have happened on the timeline they happened. Then go to Biblical sources to extract the Bibles "plan" for history and compare it with the actual events. Once the match is obvious (for you to decide if it is) extrapolate to the future and compare with the prophecies. Then you as the reader can see if you agree they match. I have used biblical sources like Isaiah accepted by Christianity and Judaism, but when I needed more explanation i went to Jewish commentaries- because its taken me a lifetime to learn some of those.
I can understand that, and you have mentioned your intention in the very beginning of the book. The reason that I raised this question is to see whether others think as same as you, or they see something different like some hidden agenda. Thank you for mentioning your true intention behind this, as we don't get this opportunity to directly get it from the author.
Eriny Youssef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriny-youssef.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Eriny Youssef »

I think Daniel Friedmann was just sharing what he arrived at from his studies of biblical and scientific calendars. So it goes from when the Universe started all the way to the end of times. His studies are ongoing and he lublishes several books afterwards, all of which tackle the same issue.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Fozia RYK
Currently Reading: Scalpels Out
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Fozia RYK »

Possibly the writer didn't mean to utilize this book to make the holy book deductively genuine. However, in the way or the way toward arriving at his normal objective of having a compromise among science and religion, what he has done is pretty much logically demonstrating the scriptural lessons.
Megamind136
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megamind136.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Megamind136 »

I think the authors main purpose of writing this book, is to make clear and also draw the similarities between Religion and science which has always been something of contrast
Sushan Ekanayake

Eriny Youssef wrote: 04 Mar 2021, 10:40 I think Daniel Friedmann was just sharing what he arrived at from his studies of biblical and scientific calendars. So it goes from when the Universe started all the way to the end of times. His studies are ongoing and he lublishes several books afterwards, all of which tackle the same issue.
Yes, seemingly he wanted to share what he gained through his studies and let the readers be the judges of the content of his book. But as he mentions in the very beginning, being a Christian and a believer, he has his own biases. So that implies the idea that he actually might wanted to prove that the bible is scientifically legit and acceptable. What do you think?
Sushan Ekanayake

Fozia RYK wrote: 04 Mar 2021, 12:28 Possibly the writer didn't mean to utilize this book to make the holy book deductively genuine. However, in the way or the way toward arriving at his normal objective of having a compromise among science and religion, what he has done is pretty much logically demonstrating the scriptural lessons.
I agree. He has developed a logical argument which is difficult to merely neglect. He has gone through an extensive research and after that discovered some interesting facts and theories, which he put in front of the world through this book.

Yet, I cannot shed off the feeling that he has given some credibility to the biblical creationism theory via this book. He has developed an interpretation to fit the biblical creation into scientific 'big bang' and the rest of the theories. So, maybe the author truly had some hidden agenda.
Sushan Ekanayake

Megamind136 wrote: 04 Mar 2021, 14:47 I think the authors main purpose of writing this book, is to make clear and also draw the similarities between Religion and science which has always been something of contrast
If he wanted to compare science and religion, and show us the similarities, he would not have gone to the extent of interpreting biblical content in a completely new way. Comparison involves considering two or more things as they are and trying to see the similarities. But through what this author has done, he has developed some philosophical argument regarding that the biblical teachings might be scientifically acceptable as well. Maybe, after all, his intention was not to merely state the facts that he found, but to give the bible a scientific value.

Return to “Discuss "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon”