What is the author's true intention behind this book?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2021 Book of the month, "The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon
Simmons32
Currently Reading: Cengage Advantage Books
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simmons32.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Re: What is the author's true intention behind this book?

Post by Simmons32 »

I fully believe everything the Bible says about the end of days. I do not agree with the author’s interpretation of genesis though. I think his intention was to try and blend the two and say that both sides are correct. However that’s just not my point of view. I think many people, myself included, just try to analyze things too much.
Donald Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-trust.html
Latest Review: Rosa by Barbara de la Cuesta

Post by Donald Trust »

It's simple, bringing the two complex questions people seek and trying to balance them with proven facts.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

I agree that the authors sided with the Bible more. I, however, think he also clarified the relationship between the Bible and science though not in much detail. I, therefore, think he well presented his purpose.
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Olomofe »

You mean that other factors also determine how the future would be, and I'm not disputing that. But I will say that the author, in his book, only wanted to bring science and religion together for people to see the congruity that exists there, which others are not seeing as he does.
kensgarment odogwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kensgarment-odogwu.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by kensgarment odogwu »

Initially, i have always thought that science and religions has been on a constant struggle for who owns the fact. After reading these book i felt this strange thoughts change. The author just acted has a peace make between these two bringing a connection between both science and religion. I think the authors intentions were pure.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

Stephanie Elizabeth wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 10:27 Perhaps the author has no hidden agenda, and the point of writing this book is to bridge the gap between religion and science. Some so many people turn a blind eye to science and embrace religion. Conversely, there are people whose sole belief system is fact-based, and maybe the author wants readers to open their minds to the possibility of both.
Nice comment you have here.
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

I believe the author's intention for the Biblical Clock was to bring the mind of scientists and religious believers to a single frame of mind. Because at the end of it all, they both tell the fact of God's will and intention through studies, research, and prophecy.
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

The author's intention is genuine and pure in the sense that through his research and analysis he provided answers to the resolution between scripture and science.
Online Concept
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezel-dornelles.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Online Concept »

Although most of his predictions were based on religious prophecies, he also considered science. I do not entirely agree with the author because the end of days prediction was based only on Judaism. But the fact that they were solely religious is not misplaced because if the Bible talks about the beginning, then the ending is likely to be found there also.
Azuka Jessica
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

I honestly just feel that he wanted to give dates and match them with the past present and future. He was moving for a reconciliation between science and the Bible, trying to relate the Times of both of them using historical events.
Sarah Sonbol
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

Sushan Ekanayake wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 01:29
So, I believe that, whatever the author has said, his true intention has been to prove that the bible and other religious scriptures are scientifically true and acceptable. Do you agree with me? Or do you think that the author has revealed his(their) true intentions? If so, is it a practical approach to predict the future solely on religious prophecies?
I don't think the author wants to prove that All religious scriptures are in agreement with scientific findings. As a Jew, he solely focuses on Jewish books and tries to show -in most of the book- that the concept of cosmic cycles, extensively presented in the Kabbalah is true.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Jane Ogwang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-ogwang.html
Latest Review: Dr. Marsha and the Case of the Missing Marshmallows and Hotdogs by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jane Ogwang »

I see your point, and I agree with it. Science has, over the years been seen as valid and verifiable. The authors, rightfully, in my opinion, try to demystify this by proving that the two agree on some vital points.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

For as long as I can remember, and even in recent years, the bible and science seem to be at loggerheads. Scientists seem to want to prove the bible wrong. In the book, I think the author just wants to let the readers know that the scientific facts and biblical facts are actually same when you look at the properly.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

Stephanie Elizabeth wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 10:27 Perhaps the author has no hidden agenda, and the point of writing this book is to bridge the gap between religion and science. Some so many people turn a blind eye to science and embrace religion. Conversely, there are people whose sole belief system is fact-based, and maybe the author wants readers to open their minds to the possibility of both.
This is absolutely true. The author made an effort to balance the two viewpoints. Scientific and religious ideas need not necessarily contradict with one another. They may dwell together. The bible and science are saying are not polar opposites.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

shravsi wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 04:53 I think he just enjoys being a scientist who immensely trusts religion. Many religious-minded people have made valuable scientific discoveries. So believing in faith doesn't make someone untrustworthy. The people who dismiss religion for its obscure beliefs- I think the author is trying to encourage these people that knowledge is vast. You can't judge anything based on one or two books. He is also providing a way out for people who want to maintain their religiosity but also trust scientific studies.
That's what I think too. Holding on to science doe not mean you should leave religion. I believe that in today's world, faith is far less valued and people are much more reliant on scientific facts and findings. However, it should be recognized that every matter in this world has a scientific explanation when examined closely, including those that are depicted in religion.

Return to “Discuss "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon”