Which fact or theory in this book shocked you the most, and why?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2021 Book of the month, "The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon
Nyasha Gogoma
Currently Reading: Mere Christianity
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyasha-gogoma.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Re: Which fact or theory in this book shocked you the most, and why?

Post by Nyasha Gogoma »

The theory which shocked and amused me the most was the notion that our primary role on Earth is to collectively collect all the 'lost' sparks and thus rectify Adam's first sin. Once we have collected these so-called sparks, the Messiah will be born. This was the wildest thing I have read in a while! :lol2:
Simmons32
Currently Reading: Cengage Advantage Books
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simmons32.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Simmons32 »

None of this was surprising to me. It does say in the Bible that a day is like a thousand years in God’s eyes, in heaven. Not on earth. Personally, most of what the author was saying was just theories in my mind, not fact. I do believe that science proves the Bible, but I don’t believe the author’s account of how time has occurred.
Donald Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-trust.html
Latest Review: Rosa by Barbara de la Cuesta

Post by Donald Trust »

I wasn't shocked by any though because I had a basic idea about most of them. I enjoyed the story of Isaac Ben Samuel because of his visionary ability.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

The theory about God's timeline also suprise me. I mean, why would God decide to say it was 6 days if infact it was many years. I believe God is truthful and what is written in the bible is truthful and not what the authors make of it.
Micah_1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micah-1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micah_1 »

Nicholus Schroeder wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 07:09 Learning that one day for god is a thousand for us was surprising and with this in mind man of religion where able to ascertain that the universe is almost 13 billion years old which is what scientists believe also.
Wow🥺, I've actually not read the book but I'm already getting shocked at this. I'll sure check out this book.
kensgarment odogwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kensgarment-odogwu.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by kensgarment odogwu »

I am a christian and i must say the Bible is one mysterious book that one can never get used to. Science began existing after the earth creation and i think there should be a more superior for to explain what was existing before the earth. I actually agree to that a day to God is a thousand years to man.
Agbata Precious 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious-1.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Agbata Precious 1 »

MsH2k wrote: 23 Mar 2021, 17:58
Ana Victoria2002 wrote: 23 Mar 2021, 13:50
MsH2k wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 23:11 I was surprised to read that Adam and Eve already had children when they were banished from Eden. My notes on the part in the book are: "What? Makes sense, but WHAT?"

I went back and carefully reread Genesis 1-4 and realized this information could easily fit into what isn't explicitly stated in the Bible. It reinforced to me that there are some things the Bible does not specify. Proverb 25:2 comes to mind: "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings."

Good question!
Your point is really interesting, there is so much written in ways that we need to work our heads around it to come up with theories or new details. It scares me how many details and information are hidden in ways that are right in from of us.
Right! I keep thinking I need to switch the translation that I read to keep from getting lulled by the familiarity of it. But even with the same translation, I am always running into something I didn’t see the last time I read the same verse.

I truly agree with you but I don't think Adam ever had kids before leaving the garden I must say this isn't correct.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

MsH2k wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 23:11 I was surprised to read that Adam and Eve already had children when they were banished from Eden. My notes at the part in the book are: "What? Makes sense, but WHAT?"

I went back and carefully reread Genesis 1-4 and realized this information could easily fit into what isn't explicitly stated in the Bible. It reinforced to me that there are some things the Bible does not specify. Proverb 25:2 comes to mind: "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings."

Good question!
Am telling you, this part really shocked me . I had to go back to my Bible to read carefully
Online Concept
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezel-dornelles.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Online Concept »

For me, it was learning that the six days of creation were not according to the actual days for man. Learning that the creation days could be years to man.
Azuka Jessica
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

Nicholus Schroeder wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 07:09 Learning that one day for god is a thousand for us was surprising and with this in mind man of religion where able to ascertain that the universe is almost 13 billion years old which is what scientists believe also.
This is exactly my opinion when I saw the topic. I was so mesmerized and just like the author aimed to do, the 13 billions years was aligning with what the scientists say. There was this agreement. That concept of God's time was fascinating.
Jane Ogwang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-ogwang.html
Latest Review: Dr. Marsha and the Case of the Missing Marshmallows and Hotdogs by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jane Ogwang »

I'm actually surprised that that fact surprised you. I grew up in Church, and this was always repeated by pastors, though vaguely. I, however, do not think it is literal thousands of days from our perspective.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

I think that the days of creation were actually literal days, not days divided by a thousand. If you carefully follow the biblical calendar, it will give you 4000+ literal years, not billions, from the six days of creation to the moment Jesus died on the cross. To recognize this fact, though, will require a serious and diligent study of the Bible. The "one day for a thousand" viewpoint focuses on how God sees the universe.
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

I found a lot of the Bible to be interesting because I know very little about it. How God made Adam and Eve, time, and how He knows everything.
Unique Mary Iloakasia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-mary-iloakasia.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Unique Mary Iloakasia »

I do not think any amount of science can really say how old the earth is.
Roderick Voss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

How many times Adam and Eve sinned shocked me the most.

Return to “Discuss "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon”