Has this book changed your view on religious beliefs?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2021 Book of the month, "The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon
Widade Assaly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-widade-assaly.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Has this book changed your view on religious beliefs?

Post by Widade Assaly »

This book tuckled a very complex topic: religion. Some readers may already have strong beliefs and others might not be religious at all. I'm curious about how the author's ideas influenced your opinion :)
Nyasha Gogoma
Currently Reading: Mere Christianity
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyasha-gogoma.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Nyasha Gogoma »

I reviewed this book in detail some months ago, but I would say no. This book was not able to change my religious beliefs at all, but it did provide some interesting insights into religious history.
eclecticredhead
Favorite Book: Tweak
Currently Reading: The Red Badge of Courage
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eclecticredhead.html
Latest Review: The Great Awakening by Arthur F Seymour
Reading Device: iphone

Post by eclecticredhead »

Good question, I would love to hear more readers' opinions on this. I found myself partially swayed by the neutral tone the book was presented in. Clearly, the author was coming from a position of bias, from the scriptural side of the debate. But I still felt as if he did more toward marrying the disparities between science and ancient scripture rather than arguing explicitly against scientific evidence. All in all, I feel more swayed than not to believe his overall theory. Not so swayed that I'll do anything drastic, however.
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

A book, other than The Bible, can never change my view on religious beliefs. Yes, the author took a controversial topic. It is the author's perspective. It doesn't have to do anything in changing my beliefs because of a person's perspective.
ladyrider78
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladyrider78.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by ladyrider78 »

This book was certainly different from all those I had ever read before regarding religion. Some seemed possible, but if it's not in the Bible, then it's not going to change my mind.
Charley Taylor
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charley-taylor.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Charley Taylor »

I do not feel that the book has changed my religious beliefs, however I do feel that it has changed my perspective on how I view and read about religion. As an atheist, I had previously disregarded religious texts, viewing them as fictional and seeing their messages as causing conflict rather than harmony.

However, this book has made me realise that this was very close-minded of me. Through using science to explain certain religious events, I respect the arguments more and it has opened my mind to the possibility that religious texts are more like history books, with fictional elements. Overall, the book has encouraged me to read more about religion and its correlation with scientific fact.
Simmons32
Currently Reading: Cengage Advantage Books
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simmons32.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Simmons32 »

No, it has not. Although the theories are interesting, they are just theories to me. I do not view his suggestions as fact. Sometimes I feel like people just try to analyze things too much, and this was one of those times.
Donald Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-trust.html
Latest Review: Rosa by Barbara de la Cuesta

Post by Donald Trust »

It hasn't changed any view to me about religion. It only arouses my interest to study the scripture more. The theories were nothing more than theories to me.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

This book just clarifies a few issues that I didn't understand. It hasn't changed my view on the Bible. I felt like it just added to the knowledge I had. I also disagreed with some of the things discussed and that's okay.
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Olomofe »

I am a kind of person that keep my conviction before I started to read a book that has the ability to change my views about my conviction either in religious matter or another. I read with open mind just in the hope to learn because I'm always of the opinion that there are more to learn about this universe
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

As much as the author is an individual like any of us, he has drove us down his perspectives regarding religion and history. we all have different views and opinions of things and provide facts to support our views, Hence the author has also done that, sharing his view of things and that does not necessarily mean that he is completely truthful. As a result, no the book did not change my view on religious belief, it only pushed me to think deep.
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
kensgarment odogwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kensgarment-odogwu.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by kensgarment odogwu »

This book did not absolutely change my perspective on religions. But i learnt so much about religion history. This book contains so much knowledge.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

No it didn't come to change my view as bout the bible, it even made me love and study it the more.
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

I would say this book has changed my religious perspective but I would say it bolsters my belief and faith that I had of the Creation of the Universe. The correspondence between the Big Bang in Science and the Prophecies of the servant of God was one point that quicken my belief.
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

This book didn't change my view on religious beliefs in any way, rather it clarified some issues related to the Scripture for a better understanding.

Return to “Discuss "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon”