Overall rating and opinion of "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski

Use this forum to discuss the April 2021 Book of the month, "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond" by Trish Ostroski.
Serenity2010
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serenity2010.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski

Post by Serenity2010 »

I rated the book a four out of four stars. The writing style is why. Anyone both young and old would enjoy this book. I like that a lot because not many teenagers would pick up a book like this, but I can see some reading this one.
Hadegaz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Hadegaz »

The author has a very conversational tone to her writing. It's as if she's speaking directly to you, perhaps out on the back deck, telling stories. My favorite line referred to her participation on the LA Marathon: "Lose a few toenails, gain grand life experience.
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 853
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by topdan30 »

The title actually caught my attention and made me pick up the book and I was not disappointed. The book was a self help book with a difference she shared various stories and brought out various lessons which made it interesting to read. That's what I liked about it.
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
2024 Reading Goal: 853

Post by topdan30 »

Bridgetbruso99 wrote: 01 Apr 2021, 12:11 I found this style extremely refreshing. Self-help doesn't have to be incredibly boring. She also lead a really cool life with fun stories to actually teach you to find more meaning and life lessons in your own experiences. This book is unique unto itself, kind of like the author herself.
I agree with you on this. I thought part of the requirement for self-help book is boredom. But this book changed my mind as it included fun stories which made the book unique and she tried to combine genres.
Lauren Hanna
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Last to Vanish
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-hanna.html
Latest Review: Mamma & Me by Eloisa B. Lucas

Post by Lauren Hanna »

This was a wonderful book filled with the author's real-life lessons and experiences, which I found to be thought-provoking and insightful. What I enjoyed most about this book was how each chapter had its own lesson or experience. It was nicely organized. My favorite chapter was the “Right Time To Lose Your Job.” I enjoyed the author's examples on how to better your life. There was nothing I disliked about this book. I would recommend this book to those who enjoy self-help books and autobiographies. I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.
Abacus
Favorite Book: Elizabeth's Garden
Currently Reading: Zonas de
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abacus.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Abacus »

"There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski - Trish Ostroski writes with humor and humility and provides straightforward and helpful advice. Also subtitled: " A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond" she applies her own experience into clear examples of how to rise above pettiness and create value in everyday life. It gets a 4 out of 4-star rating from me.
Moray_001
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moray-001.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale

Post by Moray_001 »

jaym_tan wrote: 01 Apr 2021, 14:40 This self-help book was both humorous and informative. The author's incorporation of humor makes the book digestible for the reader, they get to learn easily from the author's experiences this way.
I agree. I also like the blend of humour and inspiration in the book.
Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuebuka-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo »

This book is purely ingenious and beautiful. What I love the most about it is how the author balanced self-help and an autobiography in one masterpiece. It deserves a perfect rating and, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.
Ondijo Junior
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ondijo-junior.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Ondijo Junior »

Generally this book was great i never met any major dislike that could stop me from giving this book a full rating, first the styles used was unique to the author, according to me i give it full rating.
Absenc Of Evidence, is Never an Evidence Of Absence
Sarrikoziol
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarrikoziol.html
Latest Review: House of Cuts by June Gillam

Post by Sarrikoziol »

I am definitely not a big fan of self help books. I did like the author's use of inspiring quotes throughout, however, there were parts that seemed repetitive. I cannot tell if the author meant to tell the same story more than once, or if she meant to make a different point with the same story. It was an interesting way to format a self help book.
Misguided angel means bad with good intentions
Swollen Members
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

This book was surprisingly good. I especially liked the author's familiar writing style and the personal stories he chose. He inspired me a lot and I think that many people would be inspired as well after reading this book.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

This book helps almost everyone to see the importance of doing things that may make you uncomfortable. She seems to be able to relate her experiences to others. Different cultures and different workplaces do things in different ways. Just because they are unfamiliar to you does not mean that they are wrong.
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond, by Trish Ostroski,
is a self-help book embodied with motivational quotes and life experiences full of encouragement by the author. The book title is catchy and one of a kind. I found it humorous and interesting at the same time. I thought the book was designed for children, but to my surprise, it was more than that. I've learned a lot from reading the entire book, so I’ll give it 4 out of 4 stars. This masterpiece is indeed highly recommended to those who love self-help and the autobiography of someone who is motivating.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

I like how the author uses her own story and infuses it with the life lessons she is trying to teach here. Also, the experience shared in this book is excellent, as it has the capacity to turn around a person's entire life. I have only one negative for this book- the writing style. I think that the author should really change her writing style in order to make the book lighter and more effective.
Mary Lou Mills
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: The Buffalo Soldier
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-lou-mills.html
Latest Review: Affliction: Growing Up With a Closeted Gay Dad by Laura Hall
2024 Reading Goal: 50

Post by Mary Lou Mills »

What I enjoyed most about this book were the quotes of wisdom. Some of them were her own and others were repeated from others. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Keep exploring, seek new information. The time, place and way of happiness. What you follow, defines you.

Return to “Discuss "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski”