Overall rating and opinion of "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski

Use this forum to discuss the April 2021 Book of the month, "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond" by Trish Ostroski.
Bhuvana Subramanyam
Favorite Book: Lady Smoke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhuvana-subramanyam.html
Latest Review: Flat Top Mountain Ranch -- the beginning by James E Doucette

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski

Post by Bhuvana Subramanyam »

The author didn't disappoint her readers! The title is intriguing, the content is humorous yet inspirational and I would recommend this book to others.
Vivian Jabeya
Favorite Book: Tales of the Seventies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-jabeya.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Vivian Jabeya »

The title of this book piqued my interest. I enjoyed reading this book and would rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I loved how the writer used her personal experiences to motivate the readers.
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

aodonnell wrote: 03 Apr 2021, 10:19 I just started reading it, but so far it feels very scattered and not professionally edited.
The author has good insights at the ends of the chapters, but needs to do more work focusing the chapters in on one theme and making it clear that's what the life stories relate to. After a few chapters, it's felt mostly like rambling to me. I hope it gets better, as many people have said it's a great book.
I finished the book and these were my thoughts as well. I agree the author has good insights at the end of the chapters, those and the pictures she puts in the middle of the book were my favorite parts. I have lived overseas so I can relate to her stories, especially the bathroom ones, and her emotions when reentering the United States.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins

Post by cd20 »

I did not like this book and I thought it was more of a memoir than the self-help book that others are calling it. I did not like the writing style and I did not like how the story seemed to ramble or have some things that didn't seem to go with the book at all. I did like the quotes at the end of each chapter, the pictures of the author's experiences, and I could relate to several of the stories that she discussed. I ended up giving this book 2 out of 4 stars because of quite a few typographical errors and the writing style. I would recommend the book to people who like memoirs.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 341
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: Where's Baby, Momma? by Antoinette McDonald

Post by Diana Lowery »

I am rating this book 4 out of 4, but for a very unique reason. Two of my granddaughters have the strange habit of opening my shower curtain when they use the toilet in my bathroom. They say that they are checking to see if anyone is behind the curtain. When I saw this book, I knew I had to get it for them as a joke. Even though they are not yet old enough to appreciate the content, they certainly loved the cover. I am on the lookout for a huge, blow-up rooster to hide in my bathtub before their next visit.
Ebubechinwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebubechinwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ebubechinwaogazie »

For me, I would say that this book is very inspiring. The author used personal life experiences to portray his points. The book is also well simplified and explicit.
Ojil Elton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Ojil Elton »

I rated the book 3 out of 4.I like the book because it is inspirational. The fact that the author uses her story to motivate the reader makes me feel like her while reading the book. I like her quotes, style and her humor. One of my dislikes was the poor transitioning. My favorite quotes are..."We all have meaning to others and this world, we should recognize it and treasure...and …"Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old." This book is special, moving,,,
simo12
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by simo12 »

I particularly love the wonderful way she discusses life and the positive musings she imparts to genuine encounters, There isn't anything I didn't care for - I will in general like most self improvement guides and collections of memoirs' rate the book 3 out of 4 stars
Arun_Bohra_001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arun-bohra-001.html

Post by Arun_Bohra_001 »

By looking at the cover of the book it seems to be a book for children but definitely it is not the case. The book was inspirational and motivating. I would recommend it to everybody. The most interesting thing are the stories told by the author and she does the job really well.
Ebubechinwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebubechinwaogazie.html

Post by Ebubechinwaogazie »

For me, this book was so educative and inspiring. I would rate it four out of four stars because of it's content. I recommend it to people who enjoy self help books.
Joez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joez.html

Post by Joez »

I give Trish Ostroski's There's a Rooster in My Bathroom 4 out of 4 stars.
The delivery was great and chronologically disjointed, yet she still managed to order her thoughts. I loved that there was humor involved because most self-help books do not have that element. It was a welcome surprise.
Cwaganagwa Dorothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwaganagwa-dorothy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cwaganagwa Dorothy »

When I looked at the cover, I thought it would be a children's book; but then on reading I discovered that it was about events that were experienced by and shaped the author's successes. She carefully noted all the ups and downs she went through, while letting us know what she thought about each of them. I loved the story because it just goes to show that those who we admire started somewhere, have had to go through a number of challenges, and success may not come as we envision it, but it is a sure thing ,if you keep on pressing hard. I recommend the story those who love non-fiction stories that are told with a great deal of humor, while telling the life of author.
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia

Post by Ada Ling »

I initially thought this is a children's book. It is not. The author's writing is casual and the whole book is not hard to read. The author shared her journey and the stories of people around her. The author shared lessons from life. I like the quotes. But there are some grammar errors. The author tried to tell many things and sometimes made the stories shallow.
Fabulous mind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabulous-mind.html
Latest Review: The Last Panda by L.Z. smith

Post by Fabulous mind »

A self help book that encourages readers to overcome difficulties, seize unexpected opportunities and reach out to others in their community and beyond is just so amazing. I like the whole concept of the novel, and I would recommend this book for people who share similar interests to read. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.
Michele H
Favorite Book: Frozen Harvest
Currently Reading: A Siblings Revenge
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michele-h.html
Latest Review: House of Dads by June Gillam
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Michele H »

I would definitely recommend this book to people. I found it to be very enlightening. I thought it was interesting to hear the authors take on her life events and apply them to the meaning of life.

Return to “Discuss "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski”