Overall rating and opinion of "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski

Use this forum to discuss the April 2021 Book of the month, "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond" by Trish Ostroski.
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski

Post by B Sheila Holt »

I truly loved this book. I found it to be light and refreshing as I read through it. The author wrote it in an easy-to-read way that anyone could understand and she added humor to it as well. She also included others stories in it. I found the cover whimsical and it just added more lightness to the helpfulness of what she was trying to give out. I would recommend it to everyone. I also rated it 4 out of 4 stars.
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

I truly loved this book. I found it to be light and refreshing as I read through it. The author wrote it in an easy-to-read way that anyone could understand and she added humor to it as well. She also included others stories in it. I found the cover whimsical and it just added more lightness to the helpfulness of what she was trying to give out. I would recommend it to everyone. I also rated it 4 out of 4 stars.
Chetna_Kharbanda
Currently Reading: Unsound
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chetna-123.html
Latest Review: "Are You a N****r or a Doctor?" by Otto E. Stallworth Jr. MD MBA

Post by Chetna_Kharbanda »

'There's a Rooster in My Bathroom' is a written well self-help book with a fusion of humor with stories. I would only rate it 3 out of 4 stars as I found some context too cliche to keep me captivated. Else it makes a good read for it is inspirational and offers practical solutions. I may recommend it to everyone who's looking for a light read.
Shridhar Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shridhar-suryawanshi.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Shridhar Suryawanshi »

The name of the book drew me in. I found it quite an interesting read. The story was gripping and unputdownable. It was quite inspirational. I give the rating 4 out of 4 stars.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Marsha JJ »

I rated "There's a Rooster in my Bathroom!" 3 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed many aspects of it and admired the author's adventurous spirit and willingness to try so many new experiences and learn new things. Even going to the Peace Corps at an older age than many do (as she notes), was quite inspiring. At times, though, this book seemed to be a random compilation of bits and pieces of her life or advice that she wanted to share. So yes, it was quite enjoyable but needed some editing in my opinion.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Big Necesscaries by Beth Weiler

Post by Christell Lindeque »

I do like some self help books and autobiographies but I just don't relate to this book. I only read the sample. It is very easy to read but the topics is not for me.
Faruqinspired
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faruqinspired.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Faruqinspired »

This fashion was very refreshing to me. Self-help need not be horribly dull. She also had a wonderfully interesting life full of entertaining anecdotes that can help you learn how to get greater significance and life lessons from your own experiences. Similar to the author herself, this work is special in and of itself.

Return to “Discuss "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski”