Overall rating and opinion of "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski

Use this forum to discuss the April 2021 Book of the month, "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond" by Trish Ostroski.
Michele H
Favorite Book: Frozen Harvest
Currently Reading: A Siblings Revenge
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michele-h.html
Latest Review: House of Dads by June Gillam
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski

Post by Michele H »

I would definitely give this book 4 out of four stars. It’s a fantastic book for anyone who wants to self reflect on the meaning of life. And learn from others life’s experiences as well.
Faithy_Goody_Star
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithy-star.html
Latest Review: Autism: One Grandparent's Roadmap by Geoffrey Robinson

Post by Faithy_Goody_Star »

There are several self-help books I have read, and some of them are monotonous and not practical enough. This book, which was written from the perspective of the author and laced with her personal stories and experiences was quite educating. Everyone should read it.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

The title of the book is already intriguing. I like how the book entertains and enlightens the reader simultaneously. This is a sure recommendation for readers who enjoy fun self-help books.
Steve_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steve.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Steve_ »

I found the book very insightful. As someone who has done voluntary work with my country's youth service, I could most certainly relate to the author's experiences while working with the Peace Corps in Moldova. I'd recommend this book to anyone; it is very inspirational, and the author provided helpful information using her own intriguing experiences. It is a book worthy of the title "A Quest for Meaning..."
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-c-n.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by Goodness C N »

The book was particularly entertaining, educative, and inspirational to me. I carefully read it in a detailed way, and it was worth every single moment spent. So yeah, it is a perfect rating from me.
Dartemis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dartemis.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by Dartemis »

I thought it was interesting. I liked how the author took what she learned from her experiences and made this book a combination of an autobiography and a self-help book. My main issue with it is that it needs some more editing.
Lorraine De Vos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorraine-de-vos.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Lorraine De Vos »

I thought the title and cover of this book was clever, and it definitely caught my attention. The writing style is easy to follow, and I found the stories to be relatable. I would definitely recommend this as a decent self-help book.
Naaya123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naaya123.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Naaya123 »

Overall, it exceeded my exceptions. I expected it to be a light and fun read but it turned out to be more of a inspirational one. I didn't mind one bit, I loved it.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I rated the book 3 stars. The author shared many interesting experiences and motivated readers to excel. I found it hard to relate to many of her Hollywood activities. I enjoyed her stories about helping disabled children and her positive advice for living a better life. The book is packed with inspirational quotes, and I appreciated that the author included several of her own.
Cynthia Olyy
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-olyy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cynthia Olyy »

People who are genuinely interested in self-help and autobiographies will make the most out of this book. It is just like the proverbial killing of two birds with one stone—two genres in one book. It's recommendable in this stance. However, repeating stories that I don't have the conviction that they, at the different times they are told, point at different lessons will cost this book a star from me. I rate it 3 out of 4 stars.
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

I felt that this book contained many insightful and thought-provoking life lessons! They were relatable, humorous, and whimsical (at times), but there were a few errors, some redundancies, and a handful of disjointed transitions and thought patterns throughout. This title easily deserves 3 out of 4 stars, but it might appeal to some readers more than others. Self-help memoirs can be insightfully motivational to the right sort of reader!
Joyful17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k17.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Talking (war) Dog by Daniel Tierney

Post by Joyful17 »

Although I find that some of the events lacked harmony, the book contained numerous lessons. Therefore, it is a book I would gladly recommend to others. I love the fact that she lived life with freedom, and getting up after setbacks.
Chelsey Coles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsey-coles.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chelsey Coles »

Saint Bruno wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 03:28 The title of the book is already intriguing. I like how the book entertains and enlightens the reader simultaneously. This is a sure recommendation for readers who enjoy fun self-help books.
Yes, the humor in this book makes it easier to read because it makes you feel as if you are having as good of a time as Ostroski does!
“It's far less important to me to be liked these days than to be understood.” :sad-teareye:
― Lionel Shriver, We Need to Talk About Kevin
Kim Jek
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kim-jek.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kim Jek »

I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. The author did a good job of relating events in her life. I especially liked how she picked up after the sudden loss of her job. However, I disliked the constant switching between events which sometimes got me confused.
Qer
Currently Reading: Immigrant Hustle
Bookshelf Size: 87

Post by Qer »

The self-help introspective type of writing is quite unique. I liked the marathon story and lessons attached to it, as it progressed into theatre I briefly got lost in the fan-fair and red carpet. Overall not a bad read.

Return to “Discuss "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski”