Do we all have a meaning for others?

Use this forum to discuss the April 2021 Book of the month, "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond" by Trish Ostroski.
KapuKapu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kapukapu.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Re: Do we all have a meaning for others?

Post by KapuKapu »

I believe how we live our lives directly affects those closest to you. Do things the right way it will bring immeasurable joy but the wrong way untold grief. So yes we all have meaning to others.
Njokime
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njokime.html
Latest Review: Homo Technica by Stephan Collina

Post by Njokime »

Every person has a meaning to other people. since it is hard to isolate yourself. so each individual can have meaning to the other person either negatively or positively. It is important to always leave a positive impression and have a positive impact to the people we interact with and live with.
cookiedough
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cookiedough.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by cookiedough »

I believe each person in this world has value and the ability to make an impact on others. Hopefully, it's a positive impact. Life is a gift and it's up to each individual to add meaning.
MarcellaM
Currently Reading: Grey heart
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-a.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by MarcellaM »

I would say that we have a meaning in some people's life. Sometimes what we do may determine what will happen in other people's life and the decisions they make.
Serenity2010
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serenity2010.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Serenity2010 »

I think we all have a meaning for others in life. This meaning can be both positive or negative. Either way, we all learn something from each other. One thing I find myself learning from the people around me regularly, is what not to do, in situations. The book's quote suggests an only positive meaning for everyone, Which I agree with because we need more positivity.
dennisbragra
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dennisbragra.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by dennisbragra »

My mom gave birth to me when she was quite young and she always say that i taught her how love, i dont know how but i did.To that i think that's my meaning to my mom.
To the people i meet i think i have different meaning to them and the reverse is also true. I am whom i am because of the interactions i have had with other people
Foluso Falaye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-foluso-falaye.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Foluso Falaye »

Having a meaning to others seem tedious. I don't believe that. I don't believe my life should be defined by what it means to others. I believe it needs no definition and no abstract prison.
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

Nowadays people are selfish, they only think of themselves or rather what they could get from the other. We only have meaning for our parents and close friends - at least for the most part. What people have are expectations. Everyone expects something from the other, even if not exactly material. Expectations and meaning are two very different things.
Elon Gathungu
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elon-gathungu.html
Latest Review: Red Wave Imperative by Alan Schein

Post by Elon Gathungu »

This quote is very accurate. We mean different things to other people just like different people mean different things to us. But I think the best way to strengthen the different roles we play is by improving the aspects in ourselves that influence the roles. The best way to strengthen the effects and influences we have on other people is by bettering ourselves.
Jennifer Garcia 555
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-garcia-555.html
Latest Review: Somebody’s Watching You by Robin D'Amato

Post by Jennifer Garcia 555 »

I take this quote as meaning that we have meaning to all the people in our lives. We need to be aware of this and protect this view others have of us. We should try to have positive meaning in others lives.
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L. M. Montgomery
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Post by Menace Crypto »

I actually love the quote. The way I interpreted it was that we all have people we affect in a big way whether we know it or not, so we need to be aware and work hard in making sure you make a great impact for those who you're meaningful to.
Nouria el saftawy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nouria-el-saftawy.html
Latest Review: Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low

Post by Nouria el saftawy »

I agree completely with this quote, I think we all mean something to others but with varying degrees, and occasionally in life we don’t show people enough how much they mean to us and vice versa, that’s why a lot of times we question if we do really mean something to people in our lives or to the community we are in , but in reality we do matter and our presence is important.
Jasleen Chadha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasleen-chadha.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Jasleen Chadha »

This quote truly has a deep meaning. I believe everyone has a message for someone, we just don't know what is it yet. You might be motivating/ inspiring/ helping someone without even having any knowledge about it. Life works in many mysterious ways and that's the beauty of it.
Jasleen Chadha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasleen-chadha.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Jasleen Chadha »

Precious Naiti wrote: 01 Apr 2021, 06:29 This quote is very accurate and we all indeed have meaning for other people. It is very possible that each of us are someone’s reason to live. At times, people look at out lives for motivation and we need to do a better job of protecting the people who need us. This can be done by continuously working on ourselves and trying to improve in all areas of our lives. We should all spread love. Pure and beautiful love.
I agree, what you've written is absolutely beautiful and it made me smile. Everything has a hidden message in it, if only we are willing to look for it.
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

Indeed, because I believe so much in our shared humanity, and that no man is an Island, I believe strongly that we do all have a meaning for others. Sometimes this meaning could simply be encouragement, edification, correction in love, or our lives simply being a guide and a model for others to follow. I recognised this a long time ago and do seek to protect it.

Return to “Discuss "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski”