Do we all have a meaning for others?

Use this forum to discuss the April 2021 Book of the month, "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond" by Trish Ostroski.
Nivedita BookBee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nivedita-bookbee.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Re: Do we all have a meaning for others?

Post by Nivedita BookBee »

I think what author is trying to say here is that indirectly or directly we all impact each other's lives right? Our actions and our existence, even our behaviour towards a stranger counts. All interactions are meaningful and they carry some value so in order to protect that meaning we should always do something which carries a meaning like a simplest smile! A smile from a strangers makes me automatically happier.
D G M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-d-g-m.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire - Personal Workbook by H. J. Chammas

Post by D G M »

I like this quote but I don't agree completely with it. I will say we have meaning for people who are permanent and matter to us the most. But I can't say that we have meaning for each and every person we know. Only a select few matter to us and we to them. And it is for these people we should do a better job at protecting our meaning.
k_madhu_jha
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-madhu-jha.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by k_madhu_jha »

Everyone has a different opinion about us. We have many personalities. We have a different perspective about ourselves. So yes what a quote it is from the book.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

Yes, we all have a meaning for others- it's just that we aren't able to see it clearly sometimes. We all are deeply connected with each other, because whatever action one person takes impacts the entire world- directly or indirectly. So, this quote is one hundred percent correct.

Return to “Discuss "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski”