What was your favourite quote (from the book) and why?

Use this forum to discuss the April 2021 Book of the month, "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond" by Trish Ostroski.
Yusuf11
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 19

Re: What was your favourite quote (from the book) and why?

Post by Yusuf11 »

My favourite quote in the book is
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short, but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
-Michelangelo-

I believe this 100%. We need to put higher goals that we are even afraid of them. Even if it seems impossible, just do it. Sometimes we need those big goals in order to work harder.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Post by Peace Odii »

Sushan wrote: 01 Apr 2021, 01:34 The author has included many inspirational quotes in her book, at the end of each chapter. What was your favourite?

My favorite was,
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short, but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark.
-Michelangelo-

This too is my best and favourite. This is because I have found myself in this space of having much after planning and aiming small and planning big and achieving little. This quite redirected my priority.
Miriam nkere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-nkere.html
Latest Review: Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism by Dan Verin

Post by Miriam nkere »

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breath, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius.
It's my favourite bcos it's not easy to sleep and wake up, but a privilege, a lot of people slept but couldn't wake, some lost their loved ones, some find their self in the hospital. This quote tells me to be grateful for the gift of life.
zayyyna
Currently Reading: My "Enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zayyyna.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Post by zayyyna »

there are alot of good quotes after end of each chapter which holds a certain amount of meaningfull means to the author likings but as for me i find this quote very meaning and it goes like

"Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see the beauty ,anybody who has the capacity to see the beauty never gets old"

By Franz kafka
Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuebuka-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo »

My favourite quote from the book is "For every naysayer, there is a yaysayer in the same situation getting it done". This quote is self-explanatory and motivating at the same time. Sometimes in life, we face some challenges that seem insurmountable and we just back down without even trying to solve it. We can't become masters if we don't at least try new feats. So this for me, is a reminder that complaining or running from problems doesn't solve them.
angelap5467
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Favorite Book: Crime and Punishment
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelap5467.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
fav_author_id: 2563

Post by angelap5467 »

Miriam nkere wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 05:34 When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breath, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius.
It's my favourite bcos it's not easy to sleep and wake up, but a privilege, a lot of people slept but couldn't wake, some lost their loved ones, some find their self in the hospital. This quote tells me to be grateful for the gift of life.
I adored this one too simply because it leaves you humble and makes you realize what is actually important, to be alive, to enjoy, to love :D
Anjali Patil
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjali-patil.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Anjali Patil »

"No matter how bad things are, you’ve got to go on living, even if it kills you,” by Sholen Aleichem.

I loved it because well to simply put it's the harsh reality of our life. No matter what happens we have to go on and on.
pegasus-7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pegasus-7.html
Latest Review: encoded by Richard Nedbal

Post by pegasus-7 »

There were numerous things I liked in this book but the most favourite one being "Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old." It is basically self explanatory. When we are young, we enjoy everything, but as we grow old, we lose interest in everything gradually. That's the story of life.
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

My favorite quote was: "The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short, but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark" because it reminded me of something a dear person said to me. The book has many beautiful quotes just like this one, so it is really hard to choose.
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rizki Pradana »

My favorite quote is the same as you
"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short, but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark."

Bu t I am also like this quote
"We all have meaning for other people, and we need to do a stronger job of protecting that and recognizing that."
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Marsha JJ »

My favorite quote was, "The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short, but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark." - Michelangelo

I have always admired those who have really big goals and are deliberate about achieving them, so this quote resonates with me.

Return to “Discuss "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski”