What was your favourite quote (from the book) and why?

Use this forum to discuss the April 2021 Book of the month, "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond" by Trish Ostroski.
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Re: What was your favourite quote?

Post by yomide »

Muzafar Iqbal wrote: 01 Apr 2021, 10:29 My favourite quote was,

"Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old."

By Franz Kafka
I like this quote as well, it defines my very prespective of life.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
Crystal Velasquez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crystal-velasquez.html
Latest Review: A Script For Aspiring Women Leaders by Mark Villareal

Post by Crystal Velasquez »

My favorite quote was "“Keep your face to the sunshine, and you can never see the shadows.” - Helen Keller

I've read a lot about Helen Keller over the decades and I've found her positivity extremely inspiring given the challenges she's had to face.
Ochieng Omuodo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Intrepid Brotherhood
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ochieng-omuodo.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ochieng Omuodo »

Mine has to be “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” by Mark Twain. It's something I've learned in life; if you don't take that first step, then you'll never complete a journey.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

"I think one's feelings waste themselves in words; they might all be distilled into actions which bring results" (Florence Nightingale, p. 119.) Words can be powerful, but they produce even more of an impact when they are accompanied by actions.
Cynthia Olyy
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-olyy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cynthia Olyy »

"Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old."

This is my best quote because as far as I'm concerned, youthfulness lies in beauty. As one grows older, he sees less beauty in things he had beautifully held on to. But with constant radiation of beauty, youthfulness is preserved.
Joyful17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k17.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Talking (war) Dog by Daniel Tierney

Post by Joyful17 »

Although i find numerous quotes in the book insightful, my favorite quote from the book is 'The secret of getting ahead is getting started' by Mark Twain.
Hiruni Hansika
Currently Reading: The Midnight Library
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-hansika.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Hiruni Hansika »

"To become truly great, one has to stand with people, not above them."
-Charles de Montesquieu -
I love this quote because of my father. He proves that this is true. Whenever he goes somewhere he loves to have a chat with anyperson of any level. Because of this he has a lot of friends. And they praises him saying he is very humble. This is why I always try to be like him!
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

T there are many quotes in this book that I really admire. “ The secret of getting ahead is getting started .” By Mark Twain. Is one that means something and holds a tremendous amount of truth .

If we want to get ahead ,we have to learn to get ourselves started
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

My favourite quote: " Appreciate those who help with your life journey". As Trish spoke about the various experiences she had, she was sure to talk about those who helped her along. This goes to show how thankful she was for those who help in her own Journey. Let's face it everyone likes to be a appreciated.
MarcellaM
Currently Reading: Grey heart
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-a.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by MarcellaM »

My favourite quote in the book was, "no matter how bad things are, you've got to go on living even if it kills you."
Many things happen in our lives and we don't have to give up and we have to proceed , no matter how hard the journey might be.
Foluso Falaye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-foluso-falaye.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Foluso Falaye »

Muzafar Iqbal wrote: 01 Apr 2021, 10:29 My favourite quote was,

By Franz Kafka
Could youth be seen in doing the same, mundane things? I believe youth is being able to embrace new experiences and being open.
Shillah A wrote: 18 May 2021, 06:52 My favourite quote in the book was, "no matter how bad things are, you've got to go on living even if it kills you."
Many things happen in our lives and we don't have to give up and we have to proceed , no matter how hard the journey might be.
I feel this would be mine too because I can relate to it so well. I have faced situations where I see potential death in two options but I have to go for the less deadly option. For example, if you stay alone, depression might set in. But if you choose someone to feel less lonely with, they might also be death of you. Eventually, you have to live until you die.
Mys_Trea
Currently Reading: Seconds to Live
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mys-trea.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by Mys_Trea »

Sushan wrote: 01 Apr 2021, 01:34 The author has included many inspirational quotes in her book, at the end of each chapter. What was your favourite?

My favourite was,
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short, but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
-Michelangelo-
That is my favorite quote, and also the scariest one. Life often has a way of giving us knocks over and over again. This can cause a bit of insecurity and lead us to diminishing our self-worth, this aiming to low. It's important to avoid this at all costs and aiming as high as possible, whenever possible.
lenuta necula
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by lenuta necula »

"We all have meaning for other people, and we need to do a stronger job of protecting that and recognizing that." It remind me of how powerful I am and how useful I can be to everyone around me.
leaana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by leaana »

"Going through disasters or tragic incidents brings out the awareness of the need for empathy and understanding." I'm well aware of the horrible incidents and tragedies that exist –, but being through them makes you more conscious of what happened and allows you to help others avoid going through what you did.
Worm Reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-worm-reader.html
Latest Review: Jane Grace: Library of Light by Trace Sonnleitner

Post by Worm Reader »

"We all have meaning for other people, and we need to do a stronger job of protecting that and recognizing that."
I strongly believe that we must take seriously the responsibility of looking after our own, because we all have a purpose in their lives, just as they do in ours. How can people would stay by our side if we fail at this point?

Return to “Discuss "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski”