Life Like an LA or Boston Marathon

Use this forum to discuss the April 2021 Book of the month, "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond" by Trish Ostroski.
Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuebuka-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Re: Life Like an LA or Boston Marathon

Post by Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo »

The world is a small village with people having different personalities and temperaments. Whether or not life is a Boston or LA marathon depends on our definition. However, I believe that life is an Boston Marathon. While basic opportunities are open to the masses, only the bourgeoisie truly enjoy a better lifestyle. Regardless of the fact that life is an open race, some people have better opportunities than others, ant this is synonymous to the Boston marathon.
Reader-247
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-247.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Reader-247 »

Since we are all different, our marathons are different as well. Some marathons (lives) are shorter than others. Some have more hurdles. Some are smooth while others tend to be bumpy. Its upto oneself how exclusive(boston) or how inclusive(LA) one wants it to be.
Mimi Kenneth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mimi-kenneth.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Mimi Kenneth »

I think life in general is like an LA marathon . Everyone is involved in a race with the finishing line of success but, the success is like the boston marathon for not everyone has the same view of success.
DTamara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtamara.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by DTamara »

With the average longevity of life nowadays, I agree that life is a marathon in many ways. I hope it also ends like one, in a gratifying way. From an individual's perspective, I have a somewhat pessimistic view. In my opinion, very few people, if any, live life like the LA marathon, letting everyone into their lives and not limiting themselves in any way. For me, the LA marathon is an ideal. In practice, there exists a myriad of obstacles (in the form of prejudices, identity, culture etc) that are in our way even before we are born, and it takes a huge amount of insight to get to the point of being able to see them and even more effort to overcome them.
Gismar Melgarejo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Gismar Melgarejo »

I think that when you start living for yourself, the most common situation is to start life as the Boston Marathon but eventually, it starts to be like the LA Marathon more freedom and living in one self's way
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rizki Pradana »

I think it depends on the person itself. If they like to live on restriction, then the Boston marathon will suit them. If they like carefree and freedom live, then the LA marathon will suit them.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Marsha JJ »

Interesting question. I think life is like the LA Marathon because opportunities are available to all -- it just depends on what you are willing to do to make them available to you. Even the Boston Marathon theoretically accepts everyone -- you just need to work hard enough at your running to actually qualify. So, you're not excluded unless you don't put in the work necessary to make the cut. It's all up to you.

Return to “Discuss "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski”