Meaning of life

Use this forum to discuss the April 2021 Book of the month, "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond" by Trish Ostroski.
Frankline Orwa
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 13

Re: Meaning of life

Post by Frankline Orwa »

I agree with the author 100% that the meaning of life is to create because everybody out here is the builder if his or her own life so if he/she wants a happy life its their duty duty to build that happy life if they want a sad life is also there duty to build that sad life because trust me there is no one who will come to you and tell you "Hey dude I want you to start leaving a happy life or a sad life"
So I agree with the author that the meaning of life is to create it
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

Frankline Orwa wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 22:27 I agree with the author 100% that the meaning of life is to create because everybody out here is the builder if his or her own life so if he/she wants a happy life its their duty duty to build that happy life if they want a sad life is also there duty to build that sad life because trust me there is no one who will come to you and tell you "Hey dude I want you to start leaving a happy life or a sad life"
So I agree with the author that the meaning of life is to create it
I agree that part of life is to create, especially since we always seem to be creating something. I just do not believe that is our whole purpose. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
Mimi Kenneth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mimi-kenneth.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Mimi Kenneth »

I see the authors point. Creation makes life interesting and easy, without being creative I don't think the world would be where it is today.
cd20
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl

Post by cd20 »

Mimi Kenneth wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 04:24 I see the authors point. Creation makes life interesting and easy, without being creative I don't think the world would be where it is today.
I agree with you, life would not be where it is today if not for creation. I think we are constantly creating something, so it is a huge part of the meaning of life. I do not think it is the sole meaning of life though. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

cd20 wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 14:33 The author states that the meaning of life is to create. Do you agree with this, why or why not? As an interesting aside she also uses the six days of creation (discussed in last month's book forum) as an example of how God created in six days.

I think the meaning of life is to reflect God's qualities in our own lives. We can make an impact by the things we choose to do. For example, we can make beautiful things from our natural resources. We can use language in a positive way.
Kathryn Collins
Favorite Author: Mark Leon Collins
Currently Reading: Inquirer's Bible
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathryn-collins.html
Latest Review: Poems About Things That Mattered Most by Bob Dowell
fav_author_id: 196676

Post by Kathryn Collins »

I think the meaning of life is to be able to find true joy and inner peace within all circumstances, and then to hopefully convey that to others. I believe that vulnerability to fellow man plays a big part in this because it allows everyone to let their own guard down and truly interact with one another. And that is to me what life is all about; to love and respect our fellowman and to sharpen one another to grow in wisdom and knowledge.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

ROSEYANN wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 23:20
cd20 wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 14:33 The author states that the meaning of life is to create. Do you agree with this, why or why not? As an interesting aside she also uses the six days of creation (discussed in last month's book forum) as an example of how God created in six days.

I think the meaning of life is to reflect God's qualities in our own lives. We can make an impact by the things we choose to do. For example, we can make beautiful things from our natural resources. We can use language in a positive way.
I totally agree that the meaning of life is to reflect God's qualities in our own lives. I also believe we were made to create, new memories, new thoughts, ideas, as we continue to reflect Him. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Ruth Fuller wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 03:04 I think the meaning of life is to be able to find true joy and inner peace within all circumstances, and then to hopefully convey that to others. I believe that vulnerability to fellow man plays a big part in this because it allows everyone to let their own guard down and truly interact with one another. And that is to me what life is all about; to love and respect our fellowman and to sharpen one another to grow in wisdom and knowledge.
I also believe that part of our meaning of life is to create. We are constantly creating something, new ideas, new books, new texts, etc. I cannot see life without creating. I do believe we are to love and respect each other, reflecting God's love to all. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Ruchi Raina wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 05:05 I agree with the author that the meaning of life is to create. What we create is up to us. We can create a world that loves, cares and sacrifices, or we can create a selfish world where each being is on its own. What we all need to see is, we can create a good present that can influence and lead to a great future or we can just be ignorant to the bad around us and let the future be worse than the present. For example, we plant a sapling and do a good deed as that sapling will grow to become a tree in future and provide shade, oxygen, fruits and flowers, in the same way, our sowing the seed of goodness will lead to a promising and prosperous future.
I agree that part of our meaning of life is to create. I cannot imagine life without the idea of creating things. I love how you say we should be creating a good world, so to speak, I agree with that as well. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Ayodeji Ola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayodeji-ola.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Ayodeji Ola »

Honestly, the contributions here are amazing and offer different perspectives. But they're just opinions and that's all they can be-- opinions.

I don't think there's one answer to what the meaning of life is, but it certainly means something to each of us. Take it and cherish it if you find purpose in it.

It only goes to show how unique every individual is and how different our roles in life are.
Cheers!
Shy_soul
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shy-soul.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by Shy_soul »

I believe the meaning of life is achieving whatever purpose you are supposed to fulfill on earth. I tend to believe we are here for a reason. Dying means that that purpose is served. Basically as long as you are alive you are still fulfilling your purpose and when you are done you die.
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Ayodeji Ola wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 02:24 Honestly, the contributions here are amazing and offer different perspectives. But they're just opinions and that's all they can be-- opinions.

I don't think there's one answer to what the meaning of life is, but it certainly means something to each of us. Take it and cherish it if you find purpose in it.

It only goes to show how unique every individual is and how different our roles in life are.
Cheers!
I do believe that part of the meaning of life is to create. We are constantly creating something, new memories, ideas, posts, texts, etc. But, I do believe that each of us also has the purpose for which we are here. I also agree that it is difficult for a lot of people to agree on what the meaning of life is, because of our different backgrounds and religious beliefs. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Shy_soul wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 14:13 I believe the meaning of life is achieving whatever purpose you are supposed to fulfill on earth. I tend to believe we are here for a reason. Dying means that that purpose is served. Basically as long as you are alive you are still fulfilling your purpose and when you are done you die.
I do believe that part of our meaning of life is to create. We are constantly creating something. But, I also believe that we are here for a reason and working to our purpose. I also agree with you, once our purpose is complete, then we die. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
amjad alhindi
Currently Reading: 40 أربعون
Bookshelf Size: 140

Post by amjad alhindi »

this is a really interesting idea and I'm really fond of it. reminds me of a game I heard of which states at the end that the meaning or point of life can be one of a few options depending on the person. I don't remember all of them but I remember happiness and creation. some people find themselves in creation but others might not.
personally however, I very much agree that creation is a strong meaning of life and it can be proved by many ways, I do find my fulfillment in creation!
cd20

Post by cd20 »

amjad alhindi wrote: 21 Jun 2021, 15:41 this is a really interesting idea and I'm really fond of it. reminds me of a game I heard of which states at the end that the meaning or point of life can be one of a few options depending on the person. I don't remember all of them but I remember happiness and creation. some people find themselves in creation but others might not.
personally however, I very much agree that creation is a strong meaning of life and it can be proved by many ways, I do find my fulfillment in creation!
I do believe that part of our meaning of life is to create. We are constantly creating something, so it makes sense for it to be part of our purpose. I do not believe it is our entire purpose. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Return to “Discuss "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski”