WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN FROM THE BOOK?

Use this forum to discuss the April 2021 Book of the month, "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond" by Trish Ostroski.
Chelsey Coles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsey-coles.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Re: WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN FROM THE BOOK?

Post by Chelsey Coles »

I find it quite admirable that the author has changed her career many times. When reading this book I learned that life is going to be unpredictable no matter what. It is a guarantee that we will never know what happens for sure... So that gives leeway to be predicable oneself and take risks.
“It's far less important to me to be liked these days than to be understood.” :sad-teareye:
― Lionel Shriver, We Need to Talk About Kevin
Moray_001
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moray-001.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale

Post by Moray_001 »

I learned the importance of perseverance, running your own race and sticking to your own journey in life.
KapuKapu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kapukapu.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by KapuKapu »

Life is like a marathon, there will always be tough times ahead, the key is to never give up and always believe in yourself.
Anna Bookowski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-bookowski.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Anna Bookowski »

John Owen wrote: 20 Apr 2021, 03:24 What are some of the lessons that you learnt from the book? I learnt from the author's regrets about lost opportunities to never let opportunities go.
It's a wonderful thing to know that you have used the opportunities given to you by life, but I don't think we always need to grab every possible occassion no matter the cost. Let's ease down a bit. We can't be always so demanding of ourselves, sometimes it's also ok to let things go. And most of all, we can learn our lessons also from these opportunities that we did let go. Sometimes you just need to slow down, you can't always grab everything that's on your way - there might be unfinished number of opportunities if you know where to look for them - but you have only two hands to pick them! :)
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Kike17 wrote: 02 May 2021, 08:59 I learnt that life is about resilience. Even when her colleague thought that she wouldn't be laid off, she was. Yet, she did not become bitter.
I appreciated this experience that she shared. It reminds me of an expression hope for the best prepare for the worst. This reminds me to be optimistic but to also be prepared.
Serenity2010
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serenity2010.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Serenity2010 »

I learned if you feel inspired to do something, do it. You will never know how your dreams will turn out if you don't at least try. I am completing my student teaching course next school year because of this book. I am 4'8" so running a classroom scared me and I took a break from my studies. But I will Never know how it goes until I try.
leaana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by leaana »

I learnt to empathize with others from the book. We all have different purposes and ambitions, which is just fine. I also learnt that if an opportunity presents itself, I should take it, even if it means taking a risk if its for my own good
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

One of the lessons I have gleaned for Trish statement about the marathon is the inevitability of preparation. Indeed, most times preparation is what separates us from success and achieving our desires and every worthwhile venture in life and any discipline requires adequate preparation.
Worm Reader
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-worm-reader.html
Latest Review: Jane Grace: Library of Light by Trace Sonnleitner

Post by Worm Reader »

I learned from the book to accept all kinds of people since you never know how tough or challenging a person's life has been.
Worm Reader
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-worm-reader.html
Latest Review: Jane Grace: Library of Light by Trace Sonnleitner

Post by Worm Reader »

S P wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 09:44 I didn't really enjoy the book, to be honest, but at the very least I feel like it encouraged me to travel a little - so if I learned anything, it was that I should see as much of the world as I can!
its always time to travel around do world, i agree with you, this book really gave me the motivation to travel a little more than i used to
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

Making the most of our time and appreciate what we have. I loved her marathon story and although it is not always an easy task, it is so important to be accepting of everyone. I learned that there’s always something to take away in our daily path of life. I learned to love inspiration!!!!
Yusuf11
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Yusuf11 »

I learnt that we are all going through different journeys, we face our own kind of challenges and we will be rewarded differently. So nothing has the power to make you lose hope in your own journey.
Apeksha Pant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Apeksha Pant »

The book has a very positive sense to it . It’s inspiring in a way that all difficulties in life eventually makes us transform into a stronger person. It’s never late to start living life or bounce back up if we fall . Everything we experience or people we meet is for a reason .we just have to accept that and try being best version of our self
Miriam nkere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-nkere.html
Latest Review: Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism by Dan Verin

Post by Miriam nkere »

I love this book it makes life so sinple, fun and enjoyable, not using what you have been through to judge your future. Also no matter what life throws at you use it as a stepping stone to aim higher, because that's how life is. I'm am really encouraged by this book.
Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuebuka-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo »

The most important lesson I learnt from this book is to brace up and face my fears. Complaining alone does not solve a problem. Besides, we have to be intentional about opportunities and use them judiciously at every given time.

Return to “Discuss "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski”