Harsh reality of life ? What do you think about this ?

Use this forum to discuss the April 2021 Book of the month, "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond" by Trish Ostroski.
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urvashi-tripathi.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Icon Harsh reality of life ? What do you think about this ?

Post by Urvashi Tripathi »

I think so we do have a meaning for others , but it changes or I can say it's not permanent always. For some people we are unreplaceable , they are the one , the one who we should really care and love. But some people just show off about that, like just we are important but in reality we were not. It may sound confusing but it is simple as that. Few days back someone told me “Some people are like rented home for us , we feel safe , we love them , care about them but they'll never completely belongs to us , they're just not for us” it was harsh statement but I felt it was true. What do you think about this ? Have you ever felt this above statement true ? What do you think , why most of the people changes ? Or do we all changes at some point to the other in our life ?
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

Some people are a life long existence in our lives, while some just come and go. That's my experience. We all change, all the time. Some people change with us, others do not. And so we go our separate ways when the changes become too vast for us to continue to bridge. We may remember what was with fond memories, or we might not. That's life. It is ever changing.
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:

Black Jewel wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 11:14 Some people are a life long existence in our lives, while some just come and go. That's my experience. We all change, all the time. Some people change with us, others do not. And so we go our separate ways when the changes become too vast for us to continue to bridge. We may remember what was with fond memories, or we might not. That's life. It is ever changing.
I totally agree with you, we all change , all the time. Some just come and go while some stays beside us, no matter what happen. Time changes us , for our own good. And yes, many times memories stays with us. Life keeps on changing nothing is permanent here. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Joy C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 558
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-c.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Joy C »

There's only one thing that's constant in life and that is change. Everyone changes at some point, sometimes for the better and sometimes, for the worse. This is indeed the harsh reality of life and so, I can relate with how that statement you heard made you feel.
Begin always with the end in mind. :techie-studyingbrown:
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:

Joy C wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 18:23 There's only one thing that's constant in life and that is change. Everyone changes at some point, sometimes for the better and sometimes, for the worse. This is indeed the harsh reality of life and so, I can relate with how that statement you heard made you feel.
I agree entirely with you , change is constant. Each change teaches us something, some are good for us and some are bad. Thanks for being so understanding. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Kiran Kanwar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kiran-kanwar.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Kiran Kanwar »

Change is the law of nature and we humans are no exception to that law. I can't say anything about others but I have changed myself a lot over the past years. My school friends are not that close anymore, I have new interests which they don't relate to and vice-versa. So, I find myself closer to some new friends who share my interests.

But at the same time, some friends have adjusted to the change and have stayed with me throughout. So, people will change, that's the reality. But if both the people wish to stay close, they can do so by adjusting to the changes in each other.
Nouria el saftawy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nouria-el-saftawy.html
Latest Review: Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low

Post by Nouria el saftawy »

I completely agree, I’d also like to add that sometimes we may be important to someone but it isn’t necessary that we will stay like that forever, we may be important at a certain time but after a while not anymore, but that’s life, nothing really stays the same.
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:

Kiran Kanwar wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 02:03 Change is the law of nature and we humans are no exception to that law. I can't say anything about others but I have changed myself a lot over the past years. My school friends are not that close anymore, I have new interests which they don't relate to and vice-versa. So, I find myself closer to some new friends who share my interests.

But at the same time, some friends have adjusted to the change and have stayed with me throughout. So, people will change, that's the reality. But if both the people wish to stay close, they can do so by adjusting to the changes in each other.
I totally agree with you, change is the law of nature. I can understanding your feelings as I'm gone through the same. It's hard, to not be in contact with school friends or childhood friend. I too lost my all school friends due to some reasons and I missed them everyday, but they all are changed.

But as you said, some adjust our changes and stay and the one who want to stay will stay with us anyhow. And I think so life is not cruel, we always gets a new chance to make new friends and build a new memories. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:

Nouria el saftawy wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 10:02 I completely agree, I’d also like to add that sometimes we may be important to someone but it isn’t necessary that we will stay like that forever, we may be important at a certain time but after a while not anymore, but that’s life, nothing really stays the same.
Yes, I entirely agree with you. We can't be someone's forever as you said, nothing really stays the same. We can be with them for certain phase of our life. And at the same point it's beautiful too, at least both shared good memories together. At the end, life is nothing but a lots of memories, which we place in our hearts. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Sasha_100
Favorite Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Currently Reading: City of Ghosts
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sasha-100.html
Latest Review: Heroes of Atlantis by Ryan Carriere
fav_author_id: 2502

Post by Sasha_100 »

Change is constant. The most a person can do about it is either accept it, or ignore it.

As you have stated from your friend's words, change can often be bitter, be nice or be bad. It comes in all forms. It really is up to us and how we look at it.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

Yes I believe that change is the necessity in life and we grow from our experiences . If we didn’t experience change, life would be boring and have no meaning people learn new things and unfortunately, reality is harsh at times.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

Yes I believe that change is the necessity in life and we grow from our experiences . If we didn’t experience change, life would be boring and have no meaning people learn new things and unfortunately, reality is harsh at times.
Namitha Iyer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namitha-iyer.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Namitha Iyer »

I fully agree. I think the only thing we can rely on in this lifetime is the fact that nothing is reliable and everything is subject to change, including ourselves. It is important to embrace this fact of life, rather than resist it. This would make our painful encounters a little more bearable because we would understand that even that pain is subject to change and will recede in some time.
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:

Grace McHardy wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 11:32 In my experience, each individual person is different. Those differences often connect people in a way that brings joy or pain. It is true that people change all the time and it is not just due to growing up or one particular event. The lifestyle and personalities of individuals are constantly being adapted to fit their current situations. Because of this, an extrovert can easily become introverted due to a catastrophic event. Loss, pain, and life itself moves us in a way that we can never be comfortable with who we are in the present as it will never remain the same. If we're being honest nobody is the same as they were when they were children. Life gave us lemons and we had to adapt our mindset and thinking to make lemonade.
I completely agree with you, we all are different from each other. And as you said, differences between us brings joy or pain. And yes, many times our life conditions changes us. Loss and pain changes us a lot, and we know we will never be same.

In my childhood, I used to be quite but I never felt shy or introverted but now I'm introvert and way too much shy as a person. And that's right, we all are not at all same as we are in our childhood. I think so, if life gives us lemon we should try to make lemon soda out of it too. You had written everything beautifully. Thank you sharing your thoughts.
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:

Suzer6440 xyz wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 20:16 Yes I believe that change is the necessity in life and we grow from our experiences . If we didn’t experience change, life would be boring and have no meaning people learn new things and unfortunately, reality is harsh at times.
I entirely agree with you, change is necessity and we grow from our experiences. And we humans always wants something different, we ourself brings changes in our life styles because we all get bored easily. Yes, sometimes reality is harsh but we'll deal with it anyhow. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Return to “Discuss "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski”