Harsh reality of life ? What do you think about this ?

Use this forum to discuss the April 2021 Book of the month, "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond" by Trish Ostroski.
amjad alhindi
Currently Reading: 40 أربعون
Bookshelf Size: 140

Re: Harsh reality of life ? What do you think about this ?

Post by amjad alhindi »

people change because this is the nature of life, nothing stays the same unless it's dead (and even in this case, the corpse would actually change chemically). lots of factors can change people and that's normal.
on the topic of life lasting people, I'm not sure we can say that every person has someone that would stay by them for a life time. but certainly most people in our lives are temporary, It's the truth, I believe, even if it doesn't sound nice.
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urvashi-tripathi.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Urvashi Tripathi »

amjad alhindi wrote: 21 Jun 2021, 14:59 people change because this is the nature of life, nothing stays the same unless it's dead (and even in this case, the corpse would actually change chemically). lots of factors can change people and that's normal.
on the topic of life lasting people, I'm not sure we can say that every person has someone that would stay by them for a life time. but certainly most people in our lives are temporary, It's the truth, I believe, even if it doesn't sound nice.
Yes, I totally agree with you. Change is the nature of life and we keeps on changing untill we die. There are few who stays with us and remaining all are just temporary. But we should just try to leave a life in peace. Time flies fast and things changes too, but for our own good. And as you said, we should accept the truth, even if it doesn't sound nice. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Amanda Dobson
Currently Reading: The King's Trial
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-dobson.html
Latest Review: The Quest For The Phoenix Crown by Xander T. Petersen
Reading Device: Apple

Post by Amanda Dobson »

We are all always changing. I think that some people are meant to come into your life for a short time not to just be there but to teach you both something. Sometimes you coming into someone’s life could mean nothing for you but could have a huge impact on them. It is those short term encounters as I call them that teaches you and helps you to see that long term, life changing encounter when it comes into your life. It also helps you to appreciate the small things and those in you life more as well.
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:

Amanda Dobson wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 16:05 We are all always changing. I think that some people are meant to come into your life for a short time not to just be there but to teach you both something. Sometimes you coming into someone’s life could mean nothing for you but could have a huge impact on them. It is those short term encounters as I call them that teaches you and helps you to see that long term, life changing encounter when it comes into your life. It also helps you to appreciate the small things and those in you life more as well.
I agree entirely with you, some people are meant to come in our life to change our perspectives towards things. Even though as you said, they come for short period but sometimes leaves big impact on us. Sometimes even making us opposite who we were before. And we too make impact on others, change them unknowingly. And I believe, this happens for our own good. This lessons helps us to grow and be more mature and better with the one who stays or I can say who is destinated for us. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
t_mann23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-mann23.html
Latest Review: Soria's Blood by D.L. Brownson

Post by t_mann23 »

Absolutely, there is a harsh reality to life which is that nothing is permanent. No matter how hard we try to hold on to something, it will eventually fade. Whether that's a place, person, relationship, or memory, there's nothing we can do about it. So the thing to do is to cherish those people/places/things/memories while we can and get the most out of them that we can (lessons, experiences, joy, etc.). Change happens, and the sooner we recognize that, the better equipped we'll be to deal with it.
D G M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-d-g-m.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire - Personal Workbook by H. J. Chammas

Post by D G M »

I can totally agree with your opinion. We just have to accept the fact that everyone that we meet is not permanent. Some people are meant to be temporary, we just have to let go and move on. And I really liked your rented house example, I'll start using it too!
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:

t_mann23 wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 13:26 Absolutely, there is a harsh reality to life which is that nothing is permanent. No matter how hard we try to hold on to something, it will eventually fade. Whether that's a place, person, relationship, or memory, there's nothing we can do about it. So the thing to do is to cherish those people/places/things/memories while we can and get the most out of them that we can (lessons, experiences, joy, etc.). Change happens, and the sooner we recognize that, the better equipped we'll be to deal with it.
I completely agree with you, no matter how hard we try to hold on to something, it will eventually fade. So we should just enjoy the moment with everyone and learn from experiences. And I agree, the sooner we recognize the change, the faster we may get heal up quickly, as time changes and heals everything. Thank you for sharing your amazing thoughts.
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:

D G M wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 21:31 I can totally agree with your opinion. We just have to accept the fact that everyone that we meet is not permanent. Some people are meant to be temporary, we just have to let go and move on. And I really liked your rented house example, I'll start using it too!
I totally agree with you, as we should just accept the fact that some people are meant to be temporary. I should just learn our lessons and go with the flow. Taking something personally from temporary people may spoil our mental peace. And I would really love if you use my rented house example somewhere. Thanks for liking that. Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts.
k_madhu_jha
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-madhu-jha.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by k_madhu_jha »

Change is the reason behind our growth. If there is no change at all life would be too boring. U need to grow and change with time. Because that's what life is about. Memories are something that keeps us intact with our grounds but we know that nothing can bring those memories back. So we smile, we cry and we move on and constantly change to grow.
Aarti Jha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarti-jha.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aarti Jha »

The statement that you heard is true in every sense. Some people do have permanent existence in our lives and we know that. And then there are some people who just can't be our forever ones. Change is one thing that is certain and people who understand this and adapt themselves accordingly are the ones who are there to stay. At a certain point of life, we may not be able to give much time to people in our lives because of various reasons and the ones who understand this and support us are the ones who will be there no matter how things go. We all change at some point of time and it isn't a bad thing. Most of the people change because of the situations life throws them in.
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:

k_madhu_jha wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 07:06 Change is the reason behind our growth. If there is no change at all life would be too boring. U need to grow and change with time. Because that's what life is about. Memories are something that keeps us intact with our grounds but we know that nothing can bring those memories back. So we smile, we cry and we move on and constantly change to grow.
Yes, I completely agree with you. We should keep on changing according to the phrase of our life so that we can grow. The last thing we have with us at the end is memories. Doesn't matter if it is good or bad, we have it and we learn so many things from it. At last, I think we all should carry on with the things we have. Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts Madhu!!
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:

Aarti Jha wrote: 20 Jul 2021, 22:18 The statement that you heard is true in every sense. Some people do have permanent existence in our lives and we know that. And then there are some people who just can't be our forever ones. Change is one thing that is certain and people who understand this and adapt themselves accordingly are the ones who are there to stay. At a certain point of life, we may not be able to give much time to people in our lives because of various reasons and the ones who understand this and support us are the ones who will be there no matter how things go. We all change at some point of time and it isn't a bad thing. Most of the people change because of the situations life throws them in.
Yes, I entirely agree with your thoughts. As I said before, some people are permanent and some are temporary. I too feel bad for not giving my time to my many dear one's, there are time when I don't contact them for years, but I know they are there for me always, they stay there always, without any complaint. I have seen many things in my young age, and became mature before my age. Sometimes life throw us brutally on some things we can't change, we have to wait for the right time to change that situation, and at that time we learn life lessons. I changed a lot from my life lessons and noticed we all keep on changing, for our own good. Thank you for sharing your amazing thoughts Aarti!!
Tayyaba Rehman
Currently Reading: The Last Letter From Your Lover
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B07Z4681LQ

Post by Tayyaba Rehman »

Change is necessary for life. Everyone changes at different parts of their life and when that happens, some people stay and some don't. In my experience, I've minimized my circle quite a bit. It took me a long while to know who was in it with me for the long haul and who wasn't. When I accepted this reality, it became easier to let go and move forward.
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rizki Pradana »

I couldn't agree more because I felt like the change is constant. Sometimes it can make us better and other times make us bad. Every change will teach us something to make us learn anything about life what we need to experience.
julietmumbua23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julietmumbua23.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by julietmumbua23 »

I cannot agree more. There are people I thought would stay with m forever but they are no longer around. And then there are those I probably will be with to my last day.

Return to “Discuss "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski”