Do you agree with the writer that"Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty"

Use this forum to discuss the April 2021 Book of the month, "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond" by Trish Ostroski.
Frankline Orwa
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 13

Do you agree with the writer that"Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty"

Post by Frankline Orwa »

"Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty" Generally i agree with the author statement. What about you? Do you agree or not?
Nithilah Ayyappan
Currently Reading: We Hunt the Flame
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nithilah-ayyappan.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson
Reading Device: B07KR2N2GF

Post by Nithilah Ayyappan »

I do agree with this. When we are young we tend to see the better in all situations. However, this perspective changes as we grow older, and experiences change how we view the world. We stop seeing beauty as much and focus on the negative aspects. So personally, I do believe that beauty is more visible to youth, which makes them happier.
Amanda Dobson
Currently Reading: The King's Trial
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-dobson.html
Latest Review: The Quest For The Phoenix Crown by Xander T. Petersen
Reading Device: Apple

Post by Amanda Dobson »

I agree with this mostly. That is because children have not yet seen the negative aspects of reality much so they only see the good and positive. Children are also happy because the simple things in life make them happy. For a child just listening to them tell you a story makes them happy. But there are some adults that keep that childlike happiness and the simple things are what makes them happy.
t_mann23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-mann23.html
Latest Review: Soria's Blood by D.L. Brownson

Post by t_mann23 »

I absolutely agree that "Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty." When we're younger, all we care about is having fun, appreciating beautiful things, and enjoying life. As we grow up, there are more things we have to do and worry about that take up our time and energy. We're focused on making money, paying bills, staying healthy, and worrying about nearly everything. It's harder to see the beauty because we're so anxious all the time. Kids typically have the luxury of simply being happy and loving beauty.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

I agree up to a certain point. When we are young we are open to more experiences and actively seek new things. This enables us to see the beauty around us. Conversely, when we are young, we are ignorant and tend to take things for granted. This leads us to miss the beauty of things and only appreciate them as we get older.
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 424
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

Yes I do agree. We tend to see beauty in all things when we are young. We focus on the positives. After all, as a young person, one hasn't encountered as many challenges as an old person.
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20
hullahope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hullahope.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by hullahope »

Yes, I agree. Because while young we tend to be free and do not have a lot of responsibilities so we tend to take it slow, have an open mind and can experience different things that give us happiness without thinking of the consequences. We can dream what we want our future to be like and see the beauty in everything. As we grow older we have to work for a living, we have mortgages to pay and take care of our families. So as our responsibility increase, we tend to stick to a particular mentality and way of life and this takes away the capability to some times be in the positive mindset which makes us less happier.
Purplesturv
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purplesturv.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Purplesturv »

I agree that youth is happier because their perception about life is different. They have less worries and little or no responsibilities. Young people take chances and live like they have no deadlines. As one starts to grow, you are burdened with adult responsibilities like mortgage, utility bills, fending for ones family, health insurance, and the list goes on. Having all of these on ones mind, every decision has to critically thought through.
D G M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-d-g-m.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire - Personal Workbook by H. J. Chammas

Post by D G M »

I can totally agree with this. As young people, we don't get burdened by the responsibilities that adult life has for us. We tend to live in the moment and just enjoy the little things of life. For this reason, we as youth tend to find the beauty in everything we seek.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Post by Roy Nick »

I agree with this. When people are young, they tend to be hopeful of the future. youths "live the moment". They have no sense of consequence, and that's the beauty of it.
Roy Nick
Currently Reading:

Post by Roy Nick »

Agnes Masobeng wrote: 25 Jun 2021, 01:38 Yes I do agree. We tend to see beauty in all things when we are young. We focus on the positives. After all, as a young person, one hasn't encountered as many challenges as an old person.
Things, however, begin to change as we grow up, especially when responsibilities begin to pile up.
Roy Nick
Currently Reading:

Post by Roy Nick »

Nithilah Ayyappan wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 11:14 I do agree with this. When we are young we tend to see the better in all situations. However, this perspective changes as we grow older, and experiences change how we view the world. We stop seeing beauty as much and focus on the negative aspects. So personally, I do believe that beauty is more visible to youth, which makes them happier.
I agree. As our minds grow, we begin to change perspectives towards life. Once a young lady, she now becomes a wife or a mother or both. They stop seeing the beauty they once saw when young.
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 424
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

JonesLeeh wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 15:18
Agnes Masobeng wrote: 25 Jun 2021, 01:38 Yes I do agree. We tend to see beauty in all things when we are young. We focus on the positives. After all, as a young person, one hasn't encountered as many challenges as an old person.
Things, however, begin to change as we grow up, especially when responsibilities begin to pile up.
Exactly ! When responsibilities pile up, challenges go beyond our own strength and fail to accomplish things we thought would be easy to achieve, that's when we start to see the world differently.
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20
Nithilah Ayyappan
Currently Reading: We Hunt the Flame
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nithilah-ayyappan.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson
Reading Device: B07KR2N2GF

Post by Nithilah Ayyappan »

Cher432 wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 14:39 I agree up to a certain point. When we are young we are open to more experiences and actively seek new things. This enables us to see the beauty around us. Conversely, when we are young, we are ignorant and tend to take things for granted. This leads us to miss the beauty of things and only appreciate them as we get older.
I agree that our perception of beauty changes as we grow older and mature. Youth have fewer responsibilities and things to think about, which keeps their mind focused on the positives. But this changes once people go through different things in their lives and pile up their responsibilities.
k_madhu_jha
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-madhu-jha.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by k_madhu_jha »

Recently one day I was just wondering that when we're kids we were so carefree and we were like " so what, we'll do it." There were fewer excuses and more dedication. But, now it's the opposite. We think a lot till we make everything negative about it and then we just make excuses for not doing something. So yes I agree with the author that " youth is happy because it has the capacity to see the beauty.

Return to “Discuss "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski”