Overall rating and opinion of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through" by Jeff Meyer.
BookBoyP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookboyp.html
Latest Review: Purges of the Soul by Cathy S Birn

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer

Post by BookBoyP »

I will rate the book for out of four. But I think when reading the book, being open minded is equally important as the book seems to cut across a touchy subject.
Janessa Linea E
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janessa-linea-e.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Janessa Linea E »

For me, this book deserves a four-out-of-four rating. I believe the author's intended audience is clear. If open-minded readers wish to read it, they are welcome to do so.

There isn't a single aspect of the book that I dislike. Above all, the author's message of hope in realizing our dreams and achieving our goals is my favorite part.
Worm Reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-worm-reader.html
Latest Review: Jane Grace: Library of Light by Trace Sonnleitner

Post by Worm Reader »

I'll give this book an 8 out of 10 since I enjoy the author's view on goals and how we shouldn't be afraid to pursue our dreams and achieve our objectives; but, I did feel like I was reading a Personal Development book at times. I would recommend this book to anyone, whether they are children or not. Quit a lot to Christians, because the religious content may be too much for some.
Ms Marvel
Currently Reading: Short Poems, Long Tales
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Ms Marvel »

This book is the best, accessible toolkit for those who feel stuck or don’t know where to start, in the pursuit of their dream. One must take time when going through these lessons, and try to understand the questions that are asked. Through this process, you will find your answers. And the best part about that book is you can read it in any way, you can read according to whatever order fits your situation. You can practice these methods in your day-to-day life. This book is sharing age-old biblical wisdom with a modern twist which can be very effective for today's youth; my favorite chapter is “Marinate, Memorise, Meditate.” It's a must-read.
Sasha Friestad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Sasha Friestad »

"Fear not, Dream Big, and Execute" by Jeff Meyer is a religious book. The author doesn't attempt to hide this from his audience and so I will review this book from both angles. First to take the book as it is delivered, in two parts. The first part did make me feel like I was drifting along with the pages. Each one telling me what was important for me to think of and consider while I figure my dreams. The second a plan of execution to make those dreams a reality. The latter was an excellent breakdown of how to project manage and prioritize to make sure you are efficient at follow through. I would have to say the latter portion was the part I enjoyed. I agreed with the process and think that the author writing it out will be a benefit to the readers. As far as the religious aspect goes, I do feel there were some scriptures that were not used accurately and needed expounding to fully impact the reader. The information delivered is true to form for a pastor wanting to reach his audience with his passion for Chist. I didn't find it overly bearing or anything not useful to the content. The conversational tone the author took was more fulfilling for me in the second half of the book. Meyer clearly is trying to help his readers understand that there will be all sorts of ups and downs, hurdles that you must jump, trials that will be there no matter how well you plan but the encouragement is to keep going through it. I feel this encouragement and the breakdown of project management steps is exactly what the reader is coming to Meyer for. So the book is good. Even I, who did not think I needed any assistance in this area, was able to glean truths from the book and take in the encouragement. Because the Author does deliver the content promised in the book and targets his audience well, I would rate the book a three-star out of four.
Cormoran
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cormoran.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Cormoran »

I will give this book 3 out of 4. It is helpful in some ways and also motivating. The writing style is easy and conversational. The exercises and personal stories are nice. But it is too heavy on religious beliefs and is meant for faithful Christians only.
Maria Fernandez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Maria Fernandez »

Oh, I'm a junkie for self-help-type books and this one really hit the spot. The only downside to it is that since I'm not Christian I didn't relate to a lot of the Christian topic I guess you could say. But overall it was a good book. So I get it 4 out of 5!
Lauren Hanna
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Last to Vanish
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-hanna.html
Latest Review: Mamma & Me by Eloisa B. Lucas

Post by Lauren Hanna »

I enjoyed what this book had to offer. Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute was packed with life lessons, lots of encouragement, and practical exercises. Jeff Meyer demonstrated a new perspective to set obtainable goals. This book is very inspiring and full of hope. The author urges the reader to follow their dreams and provides the tools to do it. There was nothing I disliked about this book. I would recommend this inspiring book to Christian leaders and to all those who want to pursue their dream. I would rate this book four out of four stars.
Esther11
Favorite Book: The Shining
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther11.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Esther11 »

I would rate this book 4 out of 4. I like the things author said about following your dreams and making them come true. I can't say I agree with the author on the religion aspects but the book is worth it if read with open mind.
Valerie Garske
Currently Reading: the girl who know Davanci
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-garske.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valerie Garske »

I gave it a 4 Stars.

We must not let fear constitute the reason for our regrets. What I like and appreciate about this book is that the message is challenging and thought-provoking. The book challenges the reader to consider their relationship with Jesus and permit themselves to dream. Moreover, the section on self-doubt resonated. While reading the book, I began to realize that the future is wide open and that self-doubt is holding me back. Anytime a book can make me feel as though I have grown from the experience, I will rate it high.
zayyyna
Currently Reading: My "Enemy" in Vietnam
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zayyyna.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Post by zayyyna »

i do like the book , the message author wants to spread is quite good and the way it was written it was very good to grab the reader attention and easy to understand her iseology i have to rate i'll give this book a 7 out of 10 for sure
Frankline Orwa
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Frankline Orwa »

I would rate this book 1 out of 4 because despite the book motivating the reader it much more bias in one religion which is christian religion instead of favouring all religion general I will not recommend this book to anyone maybe Christians only
Jerelle Juries
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Jerelle Juries »

I would rate this book 8 out of 10. This book helps you pursue your dream. It challenges you to take action. People that wants to unlock their creativity, business people, educators, this book will help them . It is said that the choices we make determines our destinies. We are free to choose what our dreams and choices are but we dwell on the potential choice's outcomes and become uneasy. Our inabilities to decide and move forward is not because we don't know what to do, we do know what do to we are just hesitant. Our self fears and endless worries should not determine our destinations
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 424
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

We all have dreams, different in all its ways, fear not dream big and execute by Jeff Meyer intend on helping readers achieve those dreams. I without a doubt rate it 4 out of 4 stars.
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20
NISSE
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisse.html
Latest Review: Insights for Coaching Leaders beyond 2021 by Jill Flynn

Post by NISSE »

Eventhough the author gives insights and perspectives mostly on the religious aspects, I like how he advises to have a clear mindset and plan when executing what ever the ideas that comes to our mind in order to fulfil our big dreams. Basically, we have to look at the larger picture ahead and stick to the process. According to the author, the religious person will have confidence in taking big decisions according as he/her belief as the God is always behind him.

Return to “Discuss " Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer”