Overall rating and opinion of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through" by Jeff Meyer.
the_ashfeathers
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-ashfeathers.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter
fav_author_id: 2912

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer

Post by the_ashfeathers »

I'd give this book two out of three stars as though it was indeed inspiring and thought-provoking, it just wasn't the "it" for me. Also, the religious aspect is something I don't really enjoy. But I think it could have been great for my fellow Christians and maybe some others.
"Bloodthirsty little beasts. Never trust a duck." ~ Will Herondale (Cassandra Clare)
k_madhu_jha
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-madhu-jha.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by k_madhu_jha »

I can connect myself with this phenomenal book. I have always been told to do what others wanted. But I was never happy and satisfied. But recently I have started working on my dreams and I already feel so free. So this book is relatable and so helpful. Read this book to dream big.
Chiwelite O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-o.html
Latest Review: The Water Bear by Groucho Jones

Post by Chiwelite O »

This book was very helpful and I love the way the author focused on the Christian theme. I will give this book a four out of four rating. However, at some point the book paid too much attention to religion and the concept of spiritual help this may make it a bit difficult for nonreligious people to carry on with reading it. I'd recommend to those who are in need of a self help book with a warning however, so they would know what they are in for.
Harshi4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshi4.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Harshi4 »

I really liked this book as it was extremely motivational and inspired me to do some soul-searching. However, the religious part of the book was little overwhelming and I would not recommend it to non religious people. Overall, the book was definitely worth reading.
Bernadette Avelar
Currently Reading: Harvey the Hippo
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bernadette-avelar.html
Latest Review: The Commander by Dan E. Hendrickson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Bernadette Avelar »

I originally thought this book was an inspirational book that would speak on how to get past hardships and teach more on how to look foreword towards the future and prepare in a positive aspect. For strong Christian believers I would rate this book an 8/10, for non believers, I would rate this book a 4/10 because of the very very strong religious tone to the book. There is nothing wrong with the book, it is a good read, I was not expecting the strong religious content.
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unosthetic.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Unosthetic »

Pursuing one's dream is a very hard task. And this book is helpful for readers who are on tge urge of giving up. The only thing I disliked about this book is its religious content but overall the book is 3 out 4 stars.
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

Fear Not, Dream Big, and Execute is a book of
hope, encouragement, and motivation. The author used personal experiences to assess the reader allude to and resonate with his masterpiece.
There are noteworthy points to grasp, particularly about subjugating fear and taking the first step toward achieving a specific goal. In dichotomy, the book is filled with religious content, which accentuates the things that I don’t like about it, because I am not keen on reading books about spirituality. Overall, I give the book 3 out of 4 stars because it is motivating and truly awakens one's slumbering soul. This book is highly recommended for those who aspire to pragmatic reforms about conquering fear and making plausible steps towards achieving a burning goal.
Authentic Voice
Favorite Book: Selling with Presence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-authentic-voice.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Post by Authentic Voice »

This book deserves a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. The author delivers all his points in an engaging and relatable way. Anyone who is keen to turn their life around is guaranteed to benefit from this book. I love this book.
brooke oakes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brooke-oakes.html
Latest Review: The Intelligence Factor by Erik Fisher

Post by brooke oakes »

I have this book 4 out of 4 star. I loved the step by step strategies that the author uses to walk you through creating an action plan you can actually use! I think many people don’t start working towards their goals because they don’t know what to do to make them happen. The methods in this book were simple for most people to follow if they actually did the work.
Shridhar Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shridhar-suryawanshi.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Shridhar Suryawanshi »

I got recommended this book by my sister. I loved the way the author conveys powerful messages, but the story did get a little bleak at times. I rate it 3 out of 4 stars.
kenmuchai9
Favorite Book: Bluewater Walkabout
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenmuchai9.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by kenmuchai9 »

Ivgave this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book offers great tips on how to make your dream come true. I didn't find any negative aspects about this book.
Gloria Kaszyczky
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gloria-kaszyczky.html
Latest Review: Luray by Dennis Haupt

Post by Gloria Kaszyczky »

I gave the book 3 out of 4 stars because the author doesn't say it's a Christian self-help book; you get into the book without knowing it's Christian.
Anyway, I enjoyed it since I'm a Christian; I liked his tips and ways to make your dream come true. It's a very practical book and I would definitely recommend it.
Latest Review: Luray by Dennis Haupt
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

This is by far one of the best books I've ever read. I loved it from the start to finish. Jeff Meyer took this book to a different level. I enjoyed answering the questions from the "Try This" section. The author opened my eyes in many ways and made me look at things from a broader perspective. I will easily rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Hats off to Jeff for this wonderful book!
Bennaji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bennaji.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Bennaji »

I love the aspect of the author telling us to follow our dreams and also backing it with scriptures. I hate nothing about the book.
Asja Šabani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asja-sabani.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Asja Šabani »

I liked this book. Too often we are told that our dreams are too big, or too crazy and that we should forget about dreaming altogether. (Dreaming is for children and those whose head is in the clouds!) This book has a completely opposite message. It encourages us to take our dreams seriously, to try our best to bring them to life, and live a passionate and fulfilled life. At times, the religious aspect was a bit too much, but the author managed to nicely intertwine the messages from the Scripture with practical, everyday advice.

Return to “Discuss " Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer”