Overall rating and opinion of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through" by Jeff Meyer.
Ahbed Nadir
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahbed-nadir.html
Latest Review: There's Always Tomorrow by Jim Carr

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

Some tips that I got from this great book was the importance of strategic planning. The author spoke on how important strategic planning was and how simply deciding to do something or achieve somethin g was not enough but you had to plan the steps you were going to take to achieve your goals.
"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends"- Albus Dumbledore
Ahbed Nadir

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

A topic I loved that the author wrote on was the part talking about positive thinking. I recently read a book by Norman Vincent Peale, the power of positive thinking and the author simply reinforced all the wise words I had heard there. He spoke of how important it was to constantly thinking good thoughts and keep yourself in a state of optimism so as to achieve your goals.
"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends"- Albus Dumbledore
Ahbed Nadir

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

"Do away with distraction and discouragement." The author spoke on this and it resonated with me deeply. You have to throw away any bad habits that can distract you from your goal or anything you desire to achieve. You also have to surround yourself with people that support and uplift you so you never get discouraged.
Ahbed Nadir

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

All in all, it was a great book and I rate it 4 out of 4 stars as I can honestly say that it has added great value to my life and I'm better off for reading it. Great work by the author.
Fleurine_t92
Currently Reading: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fleurine-t92.html

Post by Fleurine_t92 »

First, I didn't like the author put much about what Jesus said in bible. I knew the cost dream were highly expensive level if you dream big. Dream big or small was based on your own situation. Sometimes dream are failing not because of you but cause by environment and other issues. Most of the time the person can fail the dream by cause of impossibility in real life. So, the author wanted to give us the more questions but it only knew the less of everything. I must pay 3 out of 4. It was well written.
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 798
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by topdan30 »

The author talked about hope and actualization of dreams and many more. These two got to me and the author used biblical facts to drive home his point. It was refreshing to read a self help book that has alot to offer.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Mehrosh Mustafa
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Mehrosh Mustafa »

This book is very effective and this is very helpful to find my dream and the author define very clearly for everything.. everyone must read this book this is very appreciating book and i appreciate the author to write this book
FariaS
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by FariaS »

I would rate this book an 7 out of 10. Even though the message is inspiring, it is based off the core Christian values. However, if one disregards the Bible verses that are highly used, one can appreciate that hope and positivity of one’s dreams, that the author helps to light within!
oluwalonimi29
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwalonimi29.html
Latest Review: Radioland by m.e. Elzey

Post by oluwalonimi29 »

I enjoyed reading the book.
The writer's message were more than just hope but assurance and reality.
No Christians may consider the book a religious one, but I will recomend the book to all open hearted readers
Gabby S14
Favorite Book: All the Light We Cannot See
Currently Reading: The Sound and the Fury
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabby-s14.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Gabby S14 »

I had a lot of mixed feelings about this book. On the one hand, I thought it had some good, practical tips that I could see myself or others using. Going into it, I knew I was not in the target audience, so I was ready to read a guide written by a religious leader that I didn't see eye-to-eye with. Unfortunately, I felt that the religious angle was a bit too heavy for my taste. I think that if the author had included other resources to connect the book to a more general focus on spirituality (rather than pure Christian values), then it would have appealed more to me and other non-Christian readers. That being said, I do believe that readers from a Christian background will still find value in this self-help book.

In terms of my official rating, I had to give it one star. I would have given it two and said that the low rating was due to my distaste for it and not anything wrong with the book itself, but the staggering amount of typos and other errors I found while reading proved me wrong. It's a shame, but I do want to be honest in my review of the book's overall presentation.
Olayimikashaw
Favorite Book: African Kingdoms
Currently Reading: The House of Doom
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Olayimikashaw »

I will rate the book 6/10. I like the part where the author spoke on our dreams but the religious aspect is not quite appealing to me. I thought it has some practical tips one could try or see other using
Ahbed Nadir

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

There was a particular exercise that stood with me and has held me make some decisions about my choices for the future. The author provided Venn diagram that I filled out with information about myself and at the end of this exercise I was fascinated with the outcome. I was quite pleased to discover my areas of strength and my areas of improvement. This is a great book and I definitely recommend it.
Mohamed Mosaad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mohamed Mosaad »

An accessible, inspired toolkit for those who feel stuck, or don't know where to start, in the pursuit of their dream. I especially like how you can read the chapters in whatever order fits your situation, and that the suggestions in each are achievable - you can practice many of them while you read; my favorite is "Meditate."
Lorraine De Vos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorraine-de-vos.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Lorraine De Vos »

I think this book pretty good in the self-help department and personally did not mind that author chose to target more religious individuals however, I fear that it might deter non-religious folks somewhat. I think that using a more general narrative might attract more readers, but that is just my opinion.
Marife Solito
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Marife Solito »

We have dreams in life and reading a book telling you to dream big and releasing all your fears away and taking it into actions is a kind gesture an author can give to its readers. I would rate it 5/5 for this book who spreads positivity by writing!

Return to “Discuss " Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer”