Overall rating and opinion of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through" by Jeff Meyer.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer

Post by Shillah Andeso »

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars and it deserves exactly that. I found this book encouraging and well told. The author's style of writing is top-notch. I didn't dislike any aspect in this book.
Wash William
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wash-william.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Wash William »

I benefited from the lessons this book taught and I loved how the book was divided into sections for easy understanding. However, I wasn't flowing with the writing style. Hence my rating of 3 out of 4 stars.
Meenahhhh
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenahhhh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Meenahhhh »

My personal opinion of the book was that it was not very well presented. What was presented as a self help book very quickly became a book that was almost exclusively concerned with religion. This hindered my enjoyment of the book as I am not a religious person. Still, I could appreciate that it was well written.
Philosopher2022
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-philosopher2022.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Philosopher2022 »

I found it difficult to read some sentences in this book. There were so many punctuation error and capitalization errors. I think this book deserves a 3 out of 4 star rating. However, i love the motivations contained in this book.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

My best book is this one. I appreciated the author's point about how we often fail to realize our dreams because we are so accustomed to being told what to think and do by other people. However, I didn't agree with the author's numerous religious assertions because they came off as preachy. I would only suggest it to religious readers because I know that non-religious people won't enjoy it.
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

This book has many useful tips, but they can be found in many other self-help books as well. What makes it stand alone is it's religious content. However, I didn't like that the preachy nature of the book wasn't mentioned in the summary or description of the book.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Philosopher2022
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-philosopher2022.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Philosopher2022 »

I like so much about this book especially where the author wrote about Fear. This book is a self help notational book. I am a Christian and I had no issues with the bible passages. What I disliked most were the numerous error in this book. It made this book a bit diffcult to read. I will rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Maria Ferreira Silva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-ferreira-silva.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Maria Ferreira Silva »

The book has a part of self help wich many could love and appreciate. It focuses on us achieving our goals and dreams in life wich I enjoyed.
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

I liked how the author organised the lessons and finished the topics in a few pages rather than dragging them out. It enhances understanding of the topics. What disappointed me was the repetition of lines. Sure, I'll tell others about it. There is a lot to learn in this book.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Online Concept
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezel-dornelles.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Online Concept »

This book would have gotten a four out of four stars rating from me, but I had a problem with the pace of the book. It was just too fast.
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

I like the plot of this book, but I did not like that it was focused on religious aspects.
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

I’ll rate it 3 out of 4. It was interesting and the author did well to highlight the most important parts. Real life scenarios were even given. What put me off was the Christian teachings. It made it look more like a Christian book than a self help book.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Post by E Daves »

I gave this book four out of four stars. The book outlines methods for achieving our goals and aspirations. I appreciated the author's inclusion of some personal anecdotes. Anybody can read this book, in my opinion. It seems obvious to me who the author's intended audience is. Therefore, people who are willing to be open-minded are invited to read it.
E Daves
Currently Reading:

Post by E Daves »

Goral wrote: 02 May 2021, 01:45 I would rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. I like the author's message about following our dreams and I believe we alone can make efforts to realize our dreams. What I didn't like about the book was the religious aspect.
The author is writing based on their personality. Every book has a particular audience. Everyone else is free to read with an open mind. For me, there was nothing wrong with using bible quotes or author incorporating their beliefs in their books
E Daves
Currently Reading:

Post by E Daves »

Precious Naiti wrote: 05 May 2021, 11:28 This book deserves a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. The author delivers all his points in an engaging and relatable way. Anyone who is keen to turn their life around is guaranteed to benefit from this book. I love this book.
The book is incredibly useful and has helped me in finding my dream, and the author defines everything very well. This book is mandatory reading for everyone who wants to stop procrastinating and get things done for a change.

Return to “Discuss " Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer”