What do you think of the religious aspect of the book?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through" by Jeff Meyer.
mrvdm
Favorite Book: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Currently Reading: E M P Honeymoon
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrvdm.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B0BGYFDQJX

Re: What do you think of the religious aspect of the book?

Post by mrvdm »

I believe that the biblical scriptures that were used re-enforce everything else that was written in this book.
The scriptures serve as a firm foundation. They are refreshing and encouraging. To know that there is a God that ultimately loves us and wants a relationship with us and doesn't want us to live in fear is something truly beautiful.
Monkeymoney
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monkeymoney.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Monkeymoney »

I didn't have any problem with the religious aspect. That could be because I'm a Christian. Though, at some point, I felt the author could have specifically said the book is for Christians.
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

The novel did seem a little too religious at one point. Readers with other religious preferences might not find it as engaging because of how much emphasis was placed on the Christian religion.
Andrea Peles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Alaska Deadly
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrea-peles.html
Latest Review: The Poison Of Perfection by Angela Wadley

Post by Andrea Peles »

According to the book summary, what I have read, at first, it didn't occur to me that this is a Christian self-help book which is intended to motivate and give spark to ministry professionals. However, as I started to read the book, I was pleasantly surprised by its content. The first part of the book is guided through Bible verses to ignite our life purpose, followed by useful exercises which are both useful for Christians and non-Christians. The second part of the book was more about changing our mind's perspective and incorporating some healthy habits along the way. For that reason, I can say that anyone who is struggling to find its life purpose can benefit from this book, using it as a little guide when life difficulties occur to us.
Roderick Voss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

Despite the fact that it is a self-help book, I believe the author's intended audience is Christians. We succeeded in strengthening their Christian faith and making them valuable in this life.
Gabriele Mattia Leonardo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriele-mattia-leonardo.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Gabriele Mattia Leonardo »

It really spoke directly to Christains. With it, they could better relate to the practical examples given. It also served as a model of inspiration as from it many Christians can make better decisions in life.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

I believe the author is trying to show others what made him victorious and able to write the book which is Jesus Christ. Judging by this I don't think the book is too religious. I was inspired reading it and hope readers of other religions would do the same if they read the book with an open mind.
Christina K Wagner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinawagner76.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Thomas Alfie

Post by Christina K Wagner »

When I read self help books with a lot of religious talk in it, I often feel if the author had left the religion talk out, the book would still communicate the same message. And it would have a larger amount of people willing to read it. In this book’s case, the author was a pastor. His life is about religion. So I understand why he spoke so much about it. He writes his sermons to include self reflection.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

I liked that the self-help was related to my religion as a Christian, but I thought the book was a little too religious. It concentrated so heavily on Christianity that readers with other religious orientations could draw some parallels from the words.
Jakub Bystrowski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jakub-bystrowski.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Jakub Bystrowski »

This is a very religious book best suited to Christians. This doesn't help because non Christians can't enjoy the book. It's sad because they would have learned a lot.
Peace Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-eze.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Post by Peace Eze »

I didn’t feel the same way when I read the book. This could probably be because I’m a Christian.
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Agbata Trust »

I think the Religious aspect of the book was okay for me. Though the book was basically all about religious as there are other lessons any readers can try out.
Mimi JJ1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mimi-jj1.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Mimi JJ1 »

It was a great reading
Monica Omonigho Bennymoore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monica-omonigho-bennymoore.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Monica Omonigho Bennymoore »

I expected the book to help me spark my dreams but was disappointed to see that the religious orientation of the book was highly overbearing and was a no-no for me. Curiosity had the better part of me to keep digging deep even though i was not happy with my experience while i read the book. A good self help book should be objectively written and biblical text should be mentioned for reference instead of preaching which is subjective and may not align with the orientation and philosophy of the readers.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

I believe that this book is best suited to individuals who are spiritually oriented as it could be a bit much for those who are merely seeking help without turning to religion. That being said, since the religious examples are only samples, much of what is discussed may apply to other facets of life.

Return to “Discuss " Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer”