"You have to pursue your own dreams, but you are given your dreams by the God". Has the author contradicted himself?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through" by Jeff Meyer.
Odwokasimon83
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: "You have to pursue your own dreams, but you are given your dreams by the God". Has the author contradicted himself?

Post by Odwokasimon83 »

Me too I don't think that the author contradicted himself as I know everyone has a dream whether small or big.

As it's said dream Big,God is in control and as such dreaming big or dreaming small doesn't matter,what matters is how are you fulfilling your dream in a long run?
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rizki Pradana »

I don't think the author contradicted herself because every humans' fate is already settled by the god, but the god also chooses the best possible of the dreams that humans could have wanted to become.
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

The author had a spiritual view when he said that statement. Everyone has a purpose. It's unique. They are given by God! So, we got to pursue what God has given us with our talents.
Bennaji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bennaji.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Bennaji »

I don't think the author contradicted himself. When God gives us ability to dream, we have the duty to pursue the dreams on our own accord.
Prestige-best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prestige-best.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prestige-best »

It sounds contradictory. But on the second thought, I feel like your dream should be in alignment with what God wants for you.
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

I read through this book carefully. If you are a Christian you will probably relate to what the author was trying to say even though i think he did not put his sentences/ statement properly. I don't think there was a contradiction based on this subject.
Donald Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-trust.html
Latest Review: Rosa by Barbara de la Cuesta

Post by Donald Trust »

It wasn't contradicting. What I got from here is that we have all it takes to dream. And we must seek it.
Cherrie Rosaldo
Favorite Author: C. S. Lewis
Favorite Book: David's Sling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrie-rosaldo.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak
fav_author_id: 4569

Post by Cherrie Rosaldo »

Saint Bruno wrote: 01 May 2021, 00:55 I don't think that the author has contradicted himself. To every one that God created is a special purpose. So the dreams you pursue is in line with your purpose. That's what I think the author means. Just as we are different, so are our dreams. Chasing our dreams is thus, fulfilling our purpose given by God, the giver of dreams.
You are right. I believe that God wants a partnership with each of us. He has given a dream in your heart but He wants you to pursue it so He can guide you along the way. Through that, you will know him better and trust him. In short, it is God's way of building a relationship with You.
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

I don't think it's contradictory. What I got from here is that we should pursue a dream that is in alignment with God's dream for us.
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

No, I wouldn't say the author has contradicted since I think that God himself shows or reveals our dreams to us and that pursuing the dreams that our earthly parents, friends, or relatives have given us can only result in failure.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Post by Hager Salem »

This question discusses the philosophical question that asks whether humans are given a choice in life or walking in a drawn path. i guess there is no straight forward answer for this.
Wash William
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wash-william.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Wash William »

For me, it wasn't contradictory what I got from here is that we show to pursue the dreams that align with God's dream for us. And you can know that by feeling at peace.
Meenahhhh
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenahhhh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Meenahhhh »

This was something in the book that confused me as well. To be honest, I have arrived at the conclusion that although the author did not do very good in his choice of wording, he did not contradict himself. Our dreams whatever they may be ARE given to us by God. They are the same, and not opposing.
Philosopher2022
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-philosopher2022.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Philosopher2022 »

I don't think that was a contradiction. God has given us the ability to dream including every resource we need to achieve our dreams. However, it is our choice to bring these our dreams into a reality.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

No, he didn’t. While we are given the grace and power to pursue our own dreams, we must go back to God, the owner of this dream, to direct and guide us. So that we don’t pursue what’s not.

Return to “Discuss " Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer”