"You have to pursue your own dreams, but you are given your dreams by the God". Has the author contradicted himself?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through" by Jeff Meyer.
Jakub Bystrowski
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jakub-bystrowski.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Re: "You have to pursue your own dreams, but you are given your dreams by the God". Has the author contradicted himself?

Post by Jakub Bystrowski »

I think what the author is trying to say is that Hod has given us the ability to dream. We have to maximise our talents, given to us by God to the fullest.
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Post by Amanda Warner »

I think what the author was trying to say here is that God has given everyone a dream, and it would be our individual task to work towards that dream and actualize it.
Peace Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-eze.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Post by Peace Eze »

The author is basically saying that God has given everyone a dream but it’s our responsibility to discover our dream and work towards achieving it and not someone else’s dream.
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Agbata Trust »

In my understanding I think that God gave us a big dream and also the freedom to pursue the dream so it matches the one he has given to us.
Cat pill35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cat-pill35.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Cat pill35 »

God, in my opinion, has given us the freedom to dream, and to dream as big as we want. So that we can pursue our goals while staying on God's path.
Monica Omonigho Bennymoore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monica-omonigho-bennymoore.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Monica Omonigho Bennymoore »

The author has not contradicted himself based on his own subjective belief. He believes we are created in the image and likeness of God and as a result we are part of God and get our inspirations from God. If we are to follow the God blue print then our dreams align with God and our dreams are his as well.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

That doesn't seem to be in contradiction, in my opinion. I believe the author meant that as dreams are also an expression of our free will, God grants us the right to have them. so that we might pursue our goals without deviating from God's plan.
Jasmine Chinemerem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Jasmine Chinemerem »

That is not a contradiction, in my opinion. I believe the author meant that since dreaming is a function of our free will, God grants us the ability to do so. so that we can pursue our goals while staying on God's path. God gave us these dreams, so we can emulate him and succeed by following his example.
Favour Ugwu Chidinma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favyugwu.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Favour Ugwu Chidinma »

I don't think if we ought to live our parents or friends dream it would lead us to failure but I know that if we live God's dream for us, live will have purpose and make us feel more satisfied.
Ekuma Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekuma-blessing.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd Edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekuma Blessing »

This, like most things involving God and the Bible, seems to contradict itself, in my opinion. After all, we can't be here to fulfill our dreams, which the author claims is our top priority, and then be told that God is the giver of dreams. This implies that we have no dreams of our own and only God's dreams for us, which we are to fulfill. I wonder what other readers will think of this.
Mercylib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercylib.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Mercylib »

I don’t think that is a contradiction. I think what the author meant is God gives us rights to dream, since that also one of our free will from God. So we can pursue our dreams without deviating from God’s path.

Return to “Discuss " Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer”