What are some tips you acquired from this book that can help everyone?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through" by Jeff Meyer.
Ahbed Nadir
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahbed-nadir.html
Latest Review: There's Always Tomorrow by Jim Carr

Re: What are some tips you acquired from this book that can help everyone?

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

You must follow your dreams. In this life, its hard to find one's purpose or reason for being and as such when you discover your dream, something that you long to be doing , you must follow it with immediate expediency. Never allow your dream to die as too many people have gone to the grave without accomplishing their purpose. Seize the moment!
"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends"- Albus Dumbledore
Ahbed Nadir

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

Strategic planning for your dreams. Aside from simply following your passions, one must also sit down and lay out distinct steps and paths to follow to the achievement of their dreams. Without this its very possible for one to struggle without any real advancement
"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends"- Albus Dumbledore
Ahbed Nadir

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

Self discipline. For any real change to be affected in someone's life, you have to be disciplined in every aspect of your life. One has to cut back on his vices or distractions such as social media, drugs, drinking and so much more.
Ahbed Nadir

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

OB Brian wrote: 06 May 2021, 01:20 Self-knowledge, courage to take risks, support, and focused energy are among the gifts for the individual who finds a coach. Many miss these gifts.
Exactly. You gain access to insight and courage and someone to always support you in your endeavors. Coaches are a vital part of success.
mbhuibregtse
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbhuibregtse.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by mbhuibregtse »

I have listed some productive information I have taken away from the text:

-how to prioritize
-goal setting
-letting the good stuff stick

Again, each tip needs to be practiced for a period of time to make it meaningful.
Twylla
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Favorite Book: Project Tau
Currently Reading: Intwine
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-twylla.html
Latest Review: Contagion Domination by William Nisol
fav_author_id: 165843

Post by Twylla »

I think learning to pause and be present in the moment is the most important lesson I got from the book. We are all so busy and we get accustomed to sprinting through life when we need to walk slowly and take it all in. I really like this book.
Jorge Leon Salazar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: Mrs Geddes and other stories by Saman Mahanama Dissanayake

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

I think the main is to remove fear. Many times, we do not even take the first step due to fear. Set goals, dreams, and purposes in life. Then take action to achieve what we want. Otherwise, our dreams will remain in pure wish and will never come true.
mchidoori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mchidoori »

Tips acquired from this book that can help everyone are (1) We need each other's motivation (2) Life is a journey which with trials and errors. (3) There is a super natural being who controls the universe.(4) Aspire and inspire before you expire.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

I wish there were much to get from this book to the common readers. But most of the content are directly related to a religion. So I was a bit disappointed. Anyway, I learned that dreaming is important, though the day-dreamers are most often ridiculed by others, they can be the ones who might change this world one day.
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 806
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: When Black Shoes Turn Red by Tom McKenna
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

There are several commendable tips in the books. One of the most important ones is about writing. The author says that writing on a daily basis cleanses our mind, increases our awareness of our surroundings and helps us refine what we wish to do and say. I've experienced that this works for me. When in doubt, writing always helps counter the many whats and ifs. I think all of us can benefit from this wonderful tip.
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Eunice Geres
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eunice-geres.html
Latest Review: Reflections by Dan Babcock

Post by Eunice Geres »

The book said that strategy is much greater than willpower in order for change to happen. I didn't really agree but it helped me realize what I needed to understand.
Ochieng Omuodo
Currently Reading: The Intrepid Brotherhood
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ochieng-omuodo.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ochieng Omuodo »

I came across two tips that I really liked and thought to be relevant to people in leadership positions because many tend to complicate things and also come off as know-it-alls:

First, 'Ask powerful, soul-stirring questions instead of giving quick expert answers, encouraging each person to find his/her own way.' Not only is this a great way to remain humble, but it also encourages people to do their own thing.

Second, 'Consider getting a coach for yourself.' This one's particularly valuable because you can benefit from objective criticism or encouragement.
Gabby S14
Favorite Book: All the Light We Cannot See
Currently Reading: The Sound and the Fury
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabby-s14.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Gabby S14 »

I really enjoyed the practical tools to help battle procrastination and anxiety. The 5-Minute Rule mentioned on page 147 is super helpful and has inspired me to finally get a start on daunting projects. I also really liked the advice on meditation techniques for emotional and physical awareness, just getting out of your intrusive thoughts and paying attention to what your body really needs in the moment can help tremendously for frequent worriers like myself. Lastly, I really engaged with Part 2, Lesson 27: Write Now. Edit Later. I have a bad habit of only wanting to write one draft of something, which causes me to agonize over my words. Changing my mentality to relax on my first draft and then edit on my second pass will help me to finish my writing projects with more energy and efficiency.
Ahbed Nadir

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

I learnt on the importance of following ones dreams. One must always pursue his or her dreams regardless of whatever the world has to say about his or her decisions.
leaana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by leaana »

Let yourself dream, believe in yourself and fight for your goals

Return to “Discuss " Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer”