What are some tips you acquired from this book that can help everyone?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through" by Jeff Meyer.
_claudi_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claudi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Re: What are some tips you acquired from this book that can help everyone?

Post by _claudi_ »

The First will be to get a mentor that is successful in the particular way you are trying to shape your life, Take calculated risks and no support is too little.
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

I have not quite finished this book, but there are so MANY great nuggets of wisdom in it. I loved when the author said, "Part of the reason waiting is so hard is because you spend most of your time in your head and not acting with your feet." (page 78) Great question!
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I especially enjoyed Chapter 7 and the suggestion to make a concerted effort to dwell in a place of hope and light. "If you can dwell in the darkest place, can you also not choose to dwell in the promises that produce hope and light?" (p. 39) Everyone can make the choice to think positive thoughts and not dwell on the negative. As the author says: "I choose joy."
KapuKapu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kapukapu.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by KapuKapu »

To have hope and well laid out plan and also strive to create a good example for others. This will in turn motivate others to follow your example.
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

I like the advice on scheduling time for relaxation. This is particularly important in today's society that is so fast paced.
sallystai234
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by sallystai234 »

for you to learn, you must admit to being a student. Having a couch in life is always a helpful thing since you keep on learning. Studying Bible enables one to relate with other people logically.
Hogwarts03
Currently Reading: Shatter Me
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hogwarts03.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Hogwarts03 »

Even knowing yourself is very important. Know what makes you tick. Know your dreams, the extent of them and how far you'll go to achieve them. Once you know yourself, it's like a whole world of possibilities has opened up.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Post by That Reviewer »

I think the author's promotion of self-emancipation, especially when it comes to leadership, fascinated me. Everyone has something to bring to the table. Therefore, we should be able to find ourselves in line with what we're supposed to do.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Past Speaks by Geoff McCue

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

It’s not failure that kills them. It is fear.
This quote is my takeaway from the book. Our fears hold us back from maximizing our potential. We are afraid of the unknown. We can empower ourselves by learning.
Ahbed Nadir
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahbed-nadir.html
Latest Review: There's Always Tomorrow by Jim Carr

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

One part that I liked in particular was the 30 things method that the author introduced to us. Although he wrote about it in respect to religion, I've found it can also be applicable in other readings as well. I've implemented it in my reading of books lately and there has been a definite improvement.
"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends"- Albus Dumbledore
Ahbed Nadir

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

A tip I would like to dwell on is the power of positive thinking. The author recommends that we always think positive thoughts no what, the we should stay in the light rather than the dark. This struck me as especially helpful as positive thinking helps to change the mindset of people and as such leads to a more forward view of life and makes one more optimistic.
"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends"- Albus Dumbledore
Ahbed Nadir

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

The tips on prayer were also very helpful as I'm not particularly religious myself so I don't really know how to pray and as such this was very helpful in teaching me.
Ahbed Nadir

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

You have to be aware of yourself. One has to be very introspective so as to be fully aware of himself and his dreams, goals and talents.
Ahbed Nadir

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

I learned that willpower needs a plan or else all change will fall apart. One must always have sound strategies in place for any change to occur.
Ahbed Nadir

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

The power of declarations. This was a big deal for me because I struggle with negative thinking so this tip of simply saying I will___ and declaring what I want to achieve has greatly improved my self confidence as repeating this sentence over and over boosts my belief in myself. Everyone should try this out.

Return to “Discuss " Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer”